Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Working With Michael

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Working With Michael Bokmal10

Working With Michael Empty
PostSubject: Working With Michael   Working With Michael EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 pm

I recently did a bio on Jennifer Rhodes, an accomplished actress, who was on two Little House Episodes. No Beast So Fierce and The King is Dead.
She played Gideon's Mother In No Beast So Fierce and a Nurse in The King Is Dead. I spoke with her and asked her to comment on working with Michael.
This is what she wrote. And by the way, she visited the forum and took a look around. She asked for some photos of her from the show and I sent them to her
for her web site.

Dear Dave,
Thank you for the photos and your kind comments. It was fun to see them after so many years.I have a few memories of this show that I will share and you can choose if you wish to use and let me know if you have any questions :
I remember being impressed with Michael Landon – a very confidant, direct and talented man. He directed the two episodes I did. In the first one, I played a nurse and I was standing on the set with another actress also playing a nurse and he said, “Honey, come over here” and I said “Which Honey do you mean?”. He didn’t laugh, but I guess it didn’t bother him as I returned to play another role in a later episode.

I remember we were in the bright sun and they used a reflector and I was so blinded, I kept turning my head toward my very tall husband as if I was listening to him and my eye level was at his chest. ML came up to me and said, “Does he have something in his pocket?” So I just looked forward and squinted.

A regular on the series by the name of Richard Bull was an actor in the same theatre group I was in at the time (The Melrose Theatre). Also Hersha Parady recurred as Merlin Olsen’s wife on the series for awhile, I believe, and she also was a friend of that same group.

I was very proud to have been a small part of that timeless show

Jennifer in No Beast So Fierce
Working With Michael Jennif13

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down

Working With Michael
Page 1 of 1