Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hall & Oates Concert!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Hall & Oates Concert! Happy010

Hall & Oates Concert! Empty
PostSubject: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Hall & Oates put on a great show at the Hard Rock last night! However, that's probably the shortest concert I've ever been to...they got on stage at around 8:15, and by 9:30, it was over! Two encores. They did all of their biggest hits...but I am disappointed they didn't play 2 of my favorites...their version of "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" and "Method of Modern Love." I also realized they didn't do "One on One" either! But, overall, they were great, and they still got it! Daryl Hall still has his great voice! Wonderful show! This totally made up for not being able to see Bon Jovi last week. HeeHee Smile

It was also fun to see my mom have just as much fun as I did, singing, clapping, etc. We share a lot of the same interests in music (except for the 'hair metal' stuff. She will NOT get into that! LOL). greenS
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Hall & Oates Concert! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Glad you and your mom had a good time, Jules! Hall & Oates Concert! 39447
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks Rob! Still laughing at Joe's "Bon Jovi" video... HeeHee
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Oh cool! Some people are already posting highlights of the show on youtube! This was their last song last night. (a short part).

https://youtu.be/qRKv9cRppHw

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Hall & Oates Concert! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:54 pm

My niece was there as well.....I'm sure you saw her there..... Whistle

Hall & Oates Concert! Rhonda10Hall & Oates Concert! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Hall & Oates Concert! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:57 pm

How neat that you got a chance to see them. I loved them in the 80's. I actually have some of their songs on vinyl.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Rhonda wrote:
My niece was there as well.....I'm sure you saw her there..... Whistle

LOL, Rhonda! I probably did! Who knows?
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:41 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
How neat that you got a chance to see them. I loved them in the 80's. I actually have some of their songs on vinyl.

Cheryl, I have a lot of their stuff (as well as other people's) on vinyl as well...but I can't play them. My record player doesn't work! I'm actually trying to see where I can find a good turntable. I have so many good albums, and would love to hear them again! Blue
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Hall & Oates Concert! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:10 am

We two turntables. Hope you can find one. It's neat to listen to the scratch of the needle on the vinyl at times.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Hall & Oates Concert! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:36 am

bethandmanly wrote:

We do too---my hubby & I love Hall & Oats. My hubby is going through a MAJOR 'album' phase. He got a great deal on Ebay on a fabulous turntable, Julie, so keep your eyes peeled. He LOVES playing his albums again, and we even have a store on campus (we live near MSU) called "Flat Black and Circular", that sells TONS of awesome albums on the cheap! He is having so much fun! Thumbsup And my teenage son is really into it now too, which is cool that they 'share' this together. Albums really do sound amazing.

Glad you and your mom had a great time at the concert! Not sure what happened with the Bon Jovi concert but I'm sorry you missed it. Sounds like this made up for it. Thumbsup Although I agree, that IS a short concert! scratchead (and I LOVE their version of 'You've lost that loving feeling' too. I'd be bummed about that too! Blue ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks Amy! I explained what happened about the Bon Jovi concert over on that thread. But yes, this show made up for that. I was surprised at how short it was too, considering they have so many hits!

I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for a good turntable! I'd love to hear my albums again. I can still hear my cassettes though (still have so many!) and of course I love to listen to my CD's. I don't think I'll ever get into that itunes thing! HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall & Oates Concert!   Hall & Oates Concert! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hall & Oates Concert!
Page 1 of 1