HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 A Different Point of View

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: A Different Point of View   Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 am

I know this is making its rounds on Facebook, so some of you may have already seen it posted a lot...but this really grabbed my attention. As a matter of fact, it moved me to tears. We sometimes view ourselves in such a harsh light...I just loved this:


Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm

What a powerful statement. Thanks for sharing this.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:54 pm

That was nice, Lisa. It moved me to tears as well.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5919
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

The world has really taken a focus on what we look like and THAT makes us see ourselves through other peoples eyes instead of our own. We need to pay attention to what is really there and not what is imagined.
I am SO glad Dove did this...it will make women and maybe men too really start to appreciate what GOD designed.


I had a lady come in Hobby Lobby today and asked me for help in finding an item. She had so much botox going on in her mouth and cheeks that I could barely understand her and she couldn't move her lips. It was SO ugly. Sad...




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm

very nice


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Gin wrote:
The world has really taken a focus on what we look like and THAT makes us see ourselves through other peoples eyes instead of our own. We need to pay attention to what is really there and not what is imagined.
I am SO glad Dove did this...it will make women and maybe men too really start to appreciate what GOD designed.


Absolutely, Gin. This was a really neat 'experiment', whoever came up with the idea. It totally brought me to tears too, Lisa & Teresa, especially watching the expressions on some of the women as they realized the truth of how wrong they were in their description.


Gin wrote:
I had a lady come in Hobby Lobby today and asked me for help in finding an item. She had so much botox going on in her mouth and cheeks that I could barely understand her and she couldn't move her lips. It was SO ugly. Sad...

THAT is so sad. No


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Amy wrote:
It totally brought me to tears too, Lisa & Teresa, especially watching the expressions on some of the women as they realized the truth of how wrong they were in their description.

That's exactly the part that brought me to tears, too, Mimi. Such a powerful, poignant moment.

There's so much emphasis on physical appearance now, and "perfection" - when really there IS no such thing as perfection in physical beauty. And for me, actions have always STRONGLY impacted my view of someone's attractiveness. Some of the people that I think are the most beautiful, or the most handsome, are the ones who are kind, sweet, thoughtful . . . those things make my heart flutter.
(Or in the case of women, make me see them as remarkably beautiful.)

I see girls (and now even young women) posting self-portraits day after day after day on Facebook, and I can't help but think that the time they've wasted in taking those "look at me" pictures could have been much better used by helping someone - making a positive impact on someone else even in a small way. . . Our world is so upside down and backwards. Something temporary (physical beauty) is nearly worshiped, while the truly lasting qualities of our soul and spirit are ignored or only given a token nod. And I'm not saying that I think we should all stop caring about how we look - of course we want to look our best...but the beauty of the soul shines through in a far more lasting way than a handsome or cute face ever will...And yet which one is more important in our modern culture?
No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 pm

How very true! I'm so glad you posted this Lisa. When I am out in public or see one of my or my kids friends that haven't seen me for a while, the look on their faces makes me want to stay home and hide. I am a very nice sweet helpful person. It's too bad that people judge you on the way you look.





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Nice video.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 881
Location : Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Women folk are weird. No offence.


"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm not offended, Joe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Bahaha........




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Joe wrote:
Women folk are weird. No offence.

I prefer "unique".

Rob wrote:
I'm not offended, Joe.

Frying pan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Lisa wrote:
Amy wrote:
It totally brought me to tears too, Lisa & Teresa, especially watching the expressions on some of the women as they realized the truth of how wrong they were in their description.

That's exactly the part that brought me to tears, too, Mimi. Such a powerful, poignant moment.

There's so much emphasis on physical appearance now, and "perfection" - when really there IS no such thing as perfection in physical beauty. And for me, actions have always STRONGLY impacted my view of someone's attractiveness. Some of the people that I think are the most beautiful, or the most handsome, are the ones who are kind, sweet, thoughtful . . . those things make my heart flutter.
(Or in the case of women, make me see them as remarkably beautiful.)

I see girls (and now even young women) posting self-portraits day after day after day on Facebook, and I can't help but think that the time they've wasted in taking those "look at me" pictures could have been much better used by helping someone - making a positive impact on someone else even in a small way. . . Our world is so upside down and backwards. Something temporary (physical beauty) is nearly worshiped, while the truly lasting qualities of our soul and spirit are ignored or only given a token nod. And I'm not saying that I think we should all stop caring about how we look - of course we want to look our best...but the beauty of the soul shines through in a far more lasting way than a handsome or cute face ever will...And yet which one is more important in our modern culture?
No


You nailed it, my friend. Truly nailed it. Beautifully said. Thumbsup



Alice wrote:
How very true! I'm so glad you posted this Lisa. When I am out in public or see one of my or my kids friends that haven't seen me for a while, the look on their faces makes me want to stay home and hide. I am a very nice sweet helpful person. It's too bad that people judge you on the way you look.

Alice. Smiley Hug


Lisa wrote:
Joe wrote:
Women folk are weird. No offence.

I prefer "unique".

Rob wrote:
I'm not offended, Joe.

Frying pan


Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna


Number of posts : 10769
Location : Meerkat Manor
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 am

Amy wrote:
Alice. Smiley Hug

Thank you, Amy. I realize that there is nothing that can be said to what I posted, but a hug from a friend is wonderful Smiley Hug





Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   Today at 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
 
A Different Point of View
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Sword in the Stone
» Just another point of view
» NaruHina My point of view!good thread
» Blues that give a woman's point of view
» What's your view on School Uniforms?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: