Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Different Point of View

Go down 
+6
Amy
Krissy
Gin
Teresa
bethandmanly
Savannah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A Different Point of View Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : A Different Point of View Happy010

A Different Point of View Empty
PostSubject: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 am

I know this is making its rounds on Facebook, so some of you may have already seen it posted a lot...but this really grabbed my attention. As a matter of fact, it moved me to tears. We sometimes view ourselves in such a harsh light...I just loved this:

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A Different Point of View Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm

What a powerful statement. Thanks for sharing this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:54 pm

That was nice, Lisa. It moved me to tears as well.

A Different Point of View TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : A Different Point of View Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

The world has really taken a focus on what we look like and THAT makes us see ourselves through other peoples eyes instead of our own. We need to pay attention to what is really there and not what is imagined.
I am SO glad Dove did this...it will make women and maybe men too really start to appreciate what GOD designed.

I had a lady come in Hobby Lobby today and asked me for help in finding an item. She had so much botox going on in her mouth and cheeks that I could barely understand her and she couldn't move her lips. It was SO ugly. Sad...

A Different Point of View Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : A Different Point of View Headac10

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm

very nice

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Gin wrote:
The world has really taken a focus on what we look like and THAT makes us see ourselves through other peoples eyes instead of our own. We need to pay attention to what is really there and not what is imagined.
I am SO glad Dove did this...it will make women and maybe men too really start to appreciate what GOD designed.

Absolutely, Gin. This was a really neat 'experiment', whoever came up with the idea. It totally brought me to tears too, Lisa & Teresa, especially watching the expressions on some of the women as they realized the truth of how wrong they were in their description.

Gin wrote:
I had a lady come in Hobby Lobby today and asked me for help in finding an item. She had so much botox going on in her mouth and cheeks that I could barely understand her and she couldn't move her lips. It was SO ugly. Sad...

THAT is so sad. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Amy wrote:
It totally brought me to tears too, Lisa & Teresa, especially watching the expressions on some of the women as they realized the truth of how wrong they were in their description.

That's exactly the part that brought me to tears, too, Mimi. A Different Point of View 25973 Such a powerful, poignant moment.

There's so much emphasis on physical appearance now, and "perfection" - when really there IS no such thing as perfection in physical beauty. And for me, actions have always STRONGLY impacted my view of someone's attractiveness. Some of the people that I think are the most beautiful, or the most handsome, are the ones who are kind, sweet, thoughtful . . . those things make my heart flutter.
A Different Point of View 6472 (Or in the case of women, make me see them as remarkably beautiful.)

I see girls (and now even young women) posting self-portraits day after day after day on Facebook, and I can't help but think that the time they've wasted in taking those "look at me" pictures could have been much better used by helping someone - making a positive impact on someone else even in a small way. . . Our world is so upside down and backwards. Something temporary (physical beauty) is nearly worshiped, while the truly lasting qualities of our soul and spirit are ignored or only given a token nod. And I'm not saying that I think we should all stop caring about how we look - of course we want to look our best...but the beauty of the soul shines through in a far more lasting way than a handsome or cute face ever will...And yet which one is more important in our modern culture?
No
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 pm

How very true! I'm so glad you posted this Lisa. When I am out in public or see one of my or my kids friends that haven't seen me for a while, the look on their faces makes me want to stay home and hide. I am a very nice sweet helpful person. It's too bad that people judge you on the way you look.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Nice video.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : A Different Point of View Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Women folk are weird. No offence.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

A Different Point of View Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : A Different Point of View Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm not offended, Joe.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Bahaha........

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Joe wrote:

I prefer "unique". A Different Point of View 702150

Rob wrote:
I'm not offended, Joe.

Frying pan
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Lisa wrote:
Amy wrote:
It totally brought me to tears too, Lisa & Teresa, especially watching the expressions on some of the women as they realized the truth of how wrong they were in their description.

That's exactly the part that brought me to tears, too, Mimi. A Different Point of View 25973 Such a powerful, poignant moment.

There's so much emphasis on physical appearance now, and "perfection" - when really there IS no such thing as perfection in physical beauty. And for me, actions have always STRONGLY impacted my view of someone's attractiveness. Some of the people that I think are the most beautiful, or the most handsome, are the ones who are kind, sweet, thoughtful . . . those things make my heart flutter.
A Different Point of View 6472 (Or in the case of women, make me see them as remarkably beautiful.)

I see girls (and now even young women) posting self-portraits day after day after day on Facebook, and I can't help but think that the time they've wasted in taking those "look at me" pictures could have been much better used by helping someone - making a positive impact on someone else even in a small way. . . Our world is so upside down and backwards. Something temporary (physical beauty) is nearly worshiped, while the truly lasting qualities of our soul and spirit are ignored or only given a token nod. And I'm not saying that I think we should all stop caring about how we look - of course we want to look our best...but the beauty of the soul shines through in a far more lasting way than a handsome or cute face ever will...And yet which one is more important in our modern culture?
No

You nailed it, my friend. Truly nailed it. Beautifully said. Thumbsup

Alice wrote:
How very true! I'm so glad you posted this Lisa. When I am out in public or see one of my or my kids friends that haven't seen me for a while, the look on their faces makes me want to stay home and hide. I am a very nice sweet helpful person. It's too bad that people judge you on the way you look.

Alice. Smiley Hug

Lisa wrote:
Joe wrote:

I prefer "unique". A Different Point of View 702150

Rob wrote:
I'm not offended, Joe.

Frying pan

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 am

Amy wrote:
Alice. Smiley Hug

Thank you, Amy. I realize that there is nothing that can be said to what I posted, but a hug from a friend is wonderful Smiley Hug

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Different Point of View   A Different Point of View Empty

Back to top Go down

A Different Point of View
Page 1 of 1