Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medical Update, Again

Go down 
+7
Savannah
Lori
Rob
Kristina
Krissy
Amy
LIWnut
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Medical Update, Again Cloud910

Medical Update, Again Empty
PostSubject: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:44 pm

I would appreciate your prayers over the next few days. I am still suffering each month and in Feb or March I ended up in the ER again. This resulted in me visiting a gastrologist and we discussed scheduling a colonoscopy. So, this is happening on Friday of this week. I will be home preparing on Thursday and having the procedure on Friday morning. Please pray for me and the drs as they discover if this can help my problems.

Also, while I'm here, please pray for my Aunt Effie. She is my mom's oldest sister and is in hospital. She is 93 and living out her remaining days. She started out having a very bad flu. She has a heart condition and the both of these problems have landed her in very bad shape. She is ready to go home to Jesus and we are preparing ourselves to release her to Him.
Aunt Effie is one of the dearest people in my life and an amazing Christian example. We hate to see her suffer and honestly wish that it would end for her and she be able to rest in His arms. Please pray for my mom, she is very close to her sister and it will be really hard for her and my other aunt as well.

God is good and in control.

Medical Update, Again MarilynKeeper Medical Update, Again Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Medical Update, Again Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:30 am

Marilyn, I sure hope the colonoscopy will reveal something about what's going on with you. I will be praying about it, and I'm praying for your aunt as well. Once it gets to a point like that, all you can do is pray that an elderly person is spared and taken quickly. I know that is so difficult to 'watch'. Blue

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Medical Update, Again Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:44 am

Love Smiley Hug I'm so sory to here that. Hope you get your answers and get well again.Same to your aunt.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Medical Update, Again Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:18 am

Marilyn I hope that this next trip to the doctor will finally provide some answers for you! I will keep you, your aunt, and the rest of your family in my thoughts
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:00 pm

My aunt was moved back to her nursing home today. The nurses will take care of her there. There really isn't anything left to be done for her. She will be in familiar surroundings and it is much easier for everyone to visit her. Please keep praying. She's hanging on for some reason.

I am in the middle of my treatment for the colonoscopy. It has been an interesting day. I will go early tomorrow morning and then that will be out of the way. Hopefully some answers will come my way.

Thanks all.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Colonoscopy is over. I had 1 polyup removed. I was dizzy before and after the procedure but otherwise doing well. When I was in the recovery room I felt the bed move for a few seconds. I looked at the juice cup on the table beside me and it was sloshing around. It didn't last long but later I found out that there was an earthquake in Ottawa and the shake could be felt in the Greater Toronto area. I've never felt one before, very interesting. Guess I will remember this procedure, lol.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Medical Update, Again Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Wow! That will definitely make the day memorable... as if it wasn't already! Glad it's over, Marilyn! Medical Update, Again 70708
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well, Marilyn.

Medical Update, Again Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:47 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Colonoscopy is over. I had 1 polyup removed. I was dizzy before and after the procedure but otherwise doing well. When I was in the recovery room I felt the bed move for a few seconds. I looked at the juice cup on the table beside me and it was sloshing around. It didn't last long but later I found out that there was an earthquake in Ottawa and the shake could be felt in the Greater Toronto area. I've never felt one before, very interesting. Guess I will remember this procedure, lol.

I heard that people could feel that here too, Marilyn! OhMy

Glad the colonoscopy is over and done with and I hope it reveals the answers you need! Smiley Hug

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Medical Update, Again Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Medical Update, Again Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Medical Update, Again 410460 I'm glad that it's over for you. And WOW! I hadn't heard about the earthquake there. That had to have been QUITE a surprise! I hope your test results give you some answers. You've certainly had to wait long enough!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Sorry I didn't see this until now, Marilyn. Not much internet time lately. Praying for you and your aunt.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

I am doing well after the procedure, back to normal. This is a blessing because I always have trouble getting back on my feet after being put out with anesthetic. But this time was different. Once I was awake, I stayed awake and had no lingering tiredness.
I go to see the dr for the results of the removed polup on May 30th. I will keep you informed.

As for my aunt, this is a REALLY difficult time. My Aunt Effie is fighting but it is one battle that she will not win. Her body is shutting down. Her kidneys are failing. She is unable to swallow and so has had no food or water for quite a few days. Her children rub water on her lips and spray her mouth to moisten it. If she swallows water, she chokes and it goes to her lungs and she is raspy for hours. It is so sad.
Aunt Effie is the most wonderful Christian lady that I know. Her faith is so strong, it puts me to shame. She wants to go home to heaven and is wondering why it is "so hard to die." This broke my heart.
My brother (a pastor) went in to visit her this weekend and prayed with her and we all broke into tears. I said goodbye with tears in my eyes and she told me not to cry. I wasn't crying for her but for me.
We stood out in the hall talking to my cousins and when my tears were dried I went back in to say a proper goodbye to her, with no tears. She reached up and I bent down to get a hug and the tears almost came again but I promised her that I'd "be good".
I am going back tomorrow to see her again.
Yesterday I sat in church and knew that either this week or next week I will be sitting in those pews again saying goodbye. Just thinking about it breaks my heart and I feel so selfish. She is going home to Jesus and I want her to go and not suffer here anymore. But I'll be a mess. Please pray that she passes in peace. Right now she is in no pain, I pray that this continues til the end. Also, please pray for me, I'm a mess already and she's still here.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Smiley Hug I'M glad that your doing better. Aww Blue I'M so sorry about your aunt. That's so sad.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Aunt Effie passed into the arms of her Lord this morning. She went in her sleep and I am so thankful. She was praying to go Home and now she is finally there. The pain of missing her begins for us but He is our strength. Please pray for the Baker family in the days ahead.
Thanks all. Love to each of you.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Marilyn. I know this is a relief in many ways but the loss is still very painful, I know. (((hugs)))

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Marilyn. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Medical Update, Again TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks for your prayers everyone. We had a celebration service for Aunt Effie yesterday and I kept my promise and didn't cry once. We will desperately miss her but know that she is at peace and celebrating in Glory.

I am going to see my surgeon about the colonoscopy on Thursday of next week. I have had such a busy May, hopefully June will be a bit calmer.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Just thought that I would share a picture with you of my Aunt Effie. She was my closest aunt and her daughter Jean is my godmother. We refer to her as my second mother because when I was little and my parents were away, I would stay with her.
Thanks so much for your prayers for our family. Aunt Effie is enjoying Heaven with those who went on before her and she will be there to welcome us Home.

Medical Update, Again 000_0010

I went to see my colonoscopy dr this week. She told me that the polyp that was removed would have caused cancer if it had been left there. So, I am thankful that I had the procedure done. She did not, however, give me any reasons as to why this contributes to my ongoing problem with pains in my side. I'm afraid that the only remedy that will fix this is to wait til the cycles are done. My OBGYN sees no reason to remove anything yet so I guess the wait goes on.
Continued prayers in this area would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.
That's it for now, hopefully.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Lovely picture!! Smile I'm glad to here that! Love Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:27 am

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, Marilyn. My prayers go out to you in your time of loss and for your continued medical issues.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:34 pm

You know Marilyn, I can see the resemblance! What a pretty lady your Aunt Effie was. Looks like a sweet lady, much like her niece. loveheart

I am sorry that the colonoscopy didn't reveal more. But I'm glad at least you got the polyp removed. I need to schedule one for my husband---he's 50 now and it's just time. My son's friend's dad's life was literally saved from this---they said had he waited any longer (like even a month) he would be dead now. I don't know how they know this, but they did a write-up in the paper on it and everything. It certainly got me thinking about my own husband though, and the importance of these colonoscopies.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Amy wrote:
You know Marilyn, I can see the resemblance! What a pretty lady your Aunt Effie was. Looks like a sweet lady, much like her niece. loveheart

I am sorry that the colonoscopy didn't reveal more. But I'm glad at least you got the polyp removed. I need to schedule one for my husband---he's 50 now and it's just time. My son's friend's dad's life was literally saved from this---they said had he waited any longer (like even a month) he would be dead now. I don't know how they know this, but they did a write-up in the paper on it and everything. It certainly got me thinking about my own husband though, and the importance of these colonoscopies.

Aww Amy, you are sweet. Yes, my Aunt Effie was truly a pretty lady, inside and out. Not sure about the resemblance to me, she looks a lot like her sisters. (My mom)

As for the colonoscopy and your hubby, I suggest that you schedule this procedure. It is really a very simple thing, no pain at all because you are sleeping. The day before is a little bit of a pain (in the neck) but painless as well. I had this procedure 5 years ago in hospital and it was much worse preparing for it. They gave me a JUG of stuff to drink. When you schedule your own procedure you only have to drink 2 8 oz cups along with drinks of your choice. It is so much easier when you can choose your own beverages. I have no fears for the next time, easy peasy!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Medical Update, Again Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Oh wow, you DO resemble your Aunt Effie, Marilyn! Your eyes and smile are very much like hers!

I'm sorry that you didn't get more answers than you did, but what a blessing that the polyp was removed before it could cause cancer!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 pm

I don't have a picture of her and I together. But I can show you a picture of the 3 sisters of you like. They look almost like triplets but there are 13 years between youngest and oldest.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Medical Update, Again Sister10

Irene (Mom), Isabelle and Effie pose with guest speakers at a Seniors Retreat for our church district last June. Mom and Aunt Isabelle are getting ready to attend next week and I'm sure they will miss their sister.

Everyone thinks that these girls are triplets.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical Update, Again   Medical Update, Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Medical Update, Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next