HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1875
Mood :

PostSubject: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   Wed May 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Okay, so lately I have been trying to get in the bed a bit earlier than I usually do. I normally have gotten to bed around 11:00-11:30 but now I've been aiming at 10:30. Well, whenever I do this, the whole entire night I doze instead of my usual DEEP sleep. It's the most annoying thing ever because I usually sleep SO deep that I've even earned the nickname "Sleeping Beauty" from all my guy friends. I sometimes never even hear the BELL alarm clocks. On top of dozing, I wake up feel like I will vomit at any moment & feel that way through the rest of the day. Yesterday was a perfect example. I woke up feeling like that. Any time I would eat I would get nervous. My Mother said I looked pale the whole day long, I nearly passed out in the grocery store. The only time I got to feeling semi-better was at my church's college group, but at home I started feeling AWFUL. I finally got to sleep when I felt better. I don't know, this just started happening & I didn't know if anyone might have an idea what it might be. I've also been looking a lot thinner these days, but a TINY bit taller. I've been eating well & proper though. Not sure if growing spurts may play a hand in this....it's just....odd. Huh?

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52907
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   Sat May 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Hmm, I posted here, but it disappeared.

You might be right about the growing spurts, Julia. As for the sleep thing, I'd listen to your body. If going to bed at 11:00 - 11:30 works better than 10:30, I'd stick with that.

Your post is a few days old now. Has there been any change? Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53951
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   Sat May 25, 2013 7:37 pm

You might want to give it a little bit of time, though. When you're adjusting your sleeping schedule it takes the body a while to get used to the change. And you may be right about having a growth spurt - my younger brother had quite a growth spurt when he was 18. . . . Considering the fact that you feel better when you get out and about, though, it may be that when you're home, you're focused on things that are worrying you - and worry tends to tire a person. Maybe getting out and about helps to clear your mind, and keep you focused on other things, and that's why you feel better when you're away, and then start to feel poorly again when you're home. It could also be allergies, though.... I hear SO MANY people saying how tired they are right now. At any rate, I hope you feel more energized again soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   Sat May 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Rob wrote:
Hmm, I posted here, but it disappeared.

You might be right about the growing spurts, Julia. As for the sleep thing, I'd listen to your body. If going to bed at 11:00 - 11:30 works better than 10:30, I'd stick with that.

Your post is a few days old now. Has there been any change? Good luck!

Well, the whole thing sort of through me off sleep for a few days. Tuesday night I didn't go to sleep til nearly morning from feeling so sickly-- which made me super tired Wednesday, then Thursday I had a dental appointment then came home to find one of my guinea pigs had passed away. So I have been physically & emotionally exhausted. Mom let me sleep in yesterday so I feel better. I am going to try it again Monday & see how that goes.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   Sat May 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Lisa wrote:
You might want to give it a little bit of time, though. When you're adjusting your sleeping schedule it takes the body a while to get used to the change. And you may be right about having a growth spurt - my younger brother had quite a growth spurt when he was 18. . . . Considering the fact that you feel better when you get out and about, though, it may be that when you're home, you're focused on things that are worrying you - and worry tends to tire a person. Maybe getting out and about helps to clear your mind, and keep you focused on other things, and that's why you feel better when you're away, and then start to feel poorly again when you're home. It could also be allergies, though.... I hear SO MANY people saying how tired they are right now. At any rate, I hope you feel more energized again soon.

Oh good! There is hope! Ha ha! I have some friends who are telling me to accept the fact I will always be short. I refuse to accept it until MAYBE I am 50. Laughing
Oh, most definitely I am focused on things the most at home. Right now, especially in the past few weeks things seem to be happening all at once. I'm feeling slightly swallowed up. My emotions are haywire like it feels.
I know I don't have allergies, so I don't believe it is that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 675
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Try going to bed a bit earlier!

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?   

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had this, or am I just odd?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: The Schoolhouse: Teen Hangout-
Jump to: