Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time

Go down 
+4
LHOTPfan2000
littlehouselover
JW
bethandmanly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Bokmal10

Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Empty
PostSubject: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:12 pm

When I was checking the news I saw this link to an article for the Top 101 best written TV series of all time. LHOP wasn't on it, despite the fact that the show is still on TV. I saw many great older shows on there but many of the family shows from our era like Family, LHOP, and The Waltons were all missing. You can check the article out here and it has a link to the entire list of shows: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/slideshow/2013/06/10/top-23-best-written-tv-series/#slide=1

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Happy011

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:15 am

I am Surprised about some Shows that made the list and also Some i would thought would of made it didn't Clearly LHOTP and the Waltons should be on it, And Frasier made it i have never been able to get into that show, Same with Arrested Development

Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Jacobk10Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Jacob210
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:48 am

The Simpsons? Soprano's? They didn't really have great writing, the Soprano's was just a drama with viewers waiting for the next hit and affair.
Others I agree with, MASH was beautifully written, All in the Family, MTM, etc.

I agree LHOP and the Walton's were great shows, but script-wise, not spectacular, Walton's being a bit better I think. LHOP was a great show, family oriented, a classic, but scripts were rehashed from Bonanza and other shows many times, and honestly, the scripts were fine, but not all spectacular. As Karen said once, "All I said was "More coffee?" for many shows, a slight exaggeration understood.

I know not everyone is a MASH fan, but I'm still in awe at the wonderful, well written scripts, funny, interesting, heart-tugging. Many others on the list also had great writers.

LHOP deserves to be on a list if they have the Soprano's, etc. and had some greatly written episodes, but it's not in the league with MTM, etc.

The most loved show....definitely top ten. : )

ps, I like a lot on this person's list
http://voices.yahoo.com/the-40-top-family-tv-shows-wholesome-family-programing-1042457.html
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Confus10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:33 am

I think LHOTP and the Walton's are really good! Smile

Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 7:08 am

They were great shows which is why they still show them along with MASH and MTM now and others on "old TV" channels. But the writing didn't have to be challenged the way it was in other shows, the scripts were simpler. That doesn't mean they weren't good. Albert, Mary, they all had great episodes with great writing, but other shows had more memorable ones. LHOP had something else, a feeling you got watching it, a calmness, a balm, many people try to pin it down....but that's what makes it last, you loved them and you wanted to be with them.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Headac10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 am

I'm shocked

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Confus10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 am

littlehouselover wrote:
They were great shows which is why they still show them along with MASH and MTM now and others on "old TV" channels. But the writing didn't have to be challenged the way it was in other shows, the scripts were simpler. That doesn't mean they weren't good. Albert, Mary, they all had great episodes with great writing, but other shows had more memorable ones. LHOP had something else, a feeling you got watching it, a calmness, a balm, many people try to pin it down....but that's what makes it last, you loved them and you wanted to be with them.
Yes I agree! even at the hardest of times of LHOTP you still got a feel of love Little house is like a second home to me just as this site is! Type
If anyone asked me what film I would love to live in it would be LHOTP!!!

Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time PhoebeKeeper

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 pm

littlehouselover wrote:

I see what you're saying, but when there are shows like South Park listed, you have to wonder what the criteria is.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Really, I agree. LHOP is on enough lists of it's own. And ours....doesn't have to be rated really.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:37 am

I'm surprised that Bonanza, Little House and The Waltons didn't make the list.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 pm

I can't believe LHOTP isn't on that list! some of the shows that are on it, I have to wonder how they got on this list
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:27 am

To me, it's simple why LHOTP didn't make the list. This is an editorial comment from the LA Times written years ago.

ENTERTAINMENT
Courage, Grace Are Landon's Legacy
July 3, 1991 | RICK DU BROW, TIMES TELEVISION WRITER
If he hadn't been so youthful and handsome--and, above all, successful--Michael Landon would have been laughed out of television a long time ago by the cynics of the business. Here, in the age of hip and cool, was this unlikely, determined fellow who, year after year and in series after series--from "Bonanza" to "Little House on the Prairie" to "Highway to Heaven"--espoused the old-fashioned virtues of hard work, home and family life. He simply didn't care what was "in" or "hot."

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 am

Well, we're all glad Michael did what he did, so take that cynics. Hithead

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 am

Could not have said it better myself!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Could not have said it better myself!

Seconded!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time   Make - LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOP Doesn't Make Top 101 Best Written TV Series of All Time
Page 1 of 1