Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Goodnight, Sweet Prince

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Goodnight, Sweet Prince Goodsi10

Goodnight, Sweet Prince Empty
PostSubject: Goodnight, Sweet Prince   Goodnight, Sweet Prince EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:37 am

A friend posted this on Facebook... HeeHee

Goodnight, Sweet Prince 549011_416711521757842_1085508504_n

As a guitarist, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I’ve never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played ‘Amazing Grace,’ the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my guitar and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “I never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Apparently, I’m still lost…
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Goodnight, Sweet Prince Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight, Sweet Prince   Goodnight, Sweet Prince EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 am

Smile

Goodnight, Sweet Prince PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Goodnight, Sweet Prince Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Goodnight, Sweet Prince Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight, Sweet Prince   Goodnight, Sweet Prince EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 am

laugh3 Oh, Rob!! What a hoot!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Goodnight, Sweet Prince Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight, Sweet Prince   Goodnight, Sweet Prince EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:46 am

ROTFL

Singing Amazing Grace to Septic Pump. Oh too funny.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight, Sweet Prince   Goodnight, Sweet Prince Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodnight, Sweet Prince
Page 1 of 1