Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joshua Bell

Go down 
+11
Gin
Rhonda
Amy
Rob
Lily
LHDaisy
Savannah
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 6 Happy010

Joshua Bell  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks Lisa! I wish you did live close enough!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 6 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:22 am

julmer70 wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I found out Joshua Bell will be performing in Miami Oct. 4th.  I'd love to go, as I've heard his music and think he's amazing.  It would also be a totally different experience for this "rocker gal!"  The only problem is...none of my closed-minded friends are interested in coming with me!  I hate going to these things alone...scratchead 

So if by any chance, those of you who like classical music...if you happen to be in the Miami area that weekend...please let me know!  (I know, it's a longshot!  lol).  It's worth a try!  One never knows...

Julie, if MY husband could open his mind and 'get his culture on' for me, ONE of your friends certainly can! LOL!  But DO go, even by yourself---it will be 'an experience' for sure.  Yes, it's nice to share these experiences with others, but I'll tell you what.  When I went a couple years ago to Chicago on my son's field trip, I ended up at the Art Institute all by myself.  And honestly, I was GLAD to be alone.  I was able to experience the whole thing on a very different and spiritual level.  That's just what 'art' does to a person---it touches the soul.  And Joshua Bell is no different---I will never forget listening to him Love ---some of his music had me weeping.  I do not seek out classical music concerts either (I'm a rocker chick too), but would go again in a heartbeat and WISH I could with you!  And Lisa.Wink  Hey Lisa, wanna take a trip to Miami in October? batEyes   Gee, wouldn't THAT be a girl trip to talk about???thud   Julie, I wouldn't normally tell someone to go to a concert alone, but seriously, GO.  If JB came back to our city and I had no one to go with, I truly would go again alone.  I think it's a little more 'acceptable' to go to something like this alone too, as opposed to a rock concert. You know?  DO IT!!yesss
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:33 am

Yes Amy, I agree...going to this show alone would be much better than going to a rock concert by myself (I would never do that! lol That's why I missed the Bon Jovi concert in March, my friend got sick). I was also thinking that I'd much rather be by myself than with a friend who most likely won't appreciate it...and then I have to put up with the 'pouty' face! That's no fun at all!

However, if you and Lisa would come to Miami, that would be awesome! I'd love to meet the two of you...and Miami isn't such a bad place to vacation to (living here though, that's another story!). Laughing 

Thanks Amy! I may just go by myself if I can't get someone to go with me. That would be a terrible reason to miss such an amazing experience! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Joshua Bell  - Page 6 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 am

julmer70 wrote:
Thanks Amy!  I may just go by myself if I can't get someone to go with me.  That would be a terrible reason to miss such an amazing experience! Smile 

Good for you!Thumbsup 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Bell    Joshua Bell  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joshua Bell
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6