Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The LHOTP Fan Survey

Go down 
+14
Amy
Prairie Dweller
LHFanForever
LHDaisy
jes9
Debbie
HarrisonCrosby4387
AllieCat
Samantha
georgiagirl1993
Vanesa
JW
Lori
Carol
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Happy010

The LHOTP Fan Survey Empty
PostSubject: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 1:59 pm

THE LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE FAN SURVEY

The LHOTP Fan Survey Little-house-on-prairie

Hi gang Wave
Just copy and put your answers. Cheer

Name: Carol

When did you discover LHOTP?
When I was a Junior in HS. I would pieces of the show while I got ready for school. Then in 2004 I believe, I started renting the DVDs from Netflix and got hooked.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
I like it because it is family friendly and even though it has some dark episodes, overall, the show has a warm feeling, it gives you an idea of how a family can love each other very much and how friends and stick by you though hard times. Sometimes when I am sick, I watch an episode and it makes me feel better.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
I have so many… but the following are at the top of my big list: Sweet Sixteen, The Pride of Walnut Grove & Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow

Favorite Season: Season 2

Favorite Character: Laura

Favorite one-time character:
Kate (I wish she would have returned to Walnut Grove)

Favorite Romantic Moment: Laura & Almanzo’s first kiss

Favorite Emotional Moment:
Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow: When Laura discovers Almanzo has built her a new home and shows her he can walk again.

Favorite Ending:
When Charles revives James… Just kidding grinsmiley My favorite is in ‘Look Back to Yesterday when Albert & Laura climb the mountain.

Favorite Season Premiere:
This is hard as it’s a tie for Season 2 (Richest Man of Walnut Grove) and Season 6 (Back to School).

Favorite Season Finale:
Season 4 – I’ll Be Waiving as you Drive Away

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 1 DVD Box set

Have you read the Little House books?
I have read 3 of them so far.

If a new Little House on the Prairie movie was done, would you go watch it at the cinema and would you think it would be a popular movie?
Yes, I would go watch it just because it’s based on Little House… although I doubt it would be popular.

There was a Disney version of LHOTP. Did you watch all the episodes and what did you think of it?
I watched some of the episodes…. I thought the show was alright… I could not warm up the characters very much though.

How many forums based on the show, characters, stars or the real ingalls do you visit?
I visit 4. This forum, Prairietalk.com and once in a while I check out Melissa Gilbert’s page and Alison Arngrim’s page.

Would you be in support or against a LHOTP reunion movie?
I would support it, would definitely see it although it would be a little sad because several main characters have passed away. I wouldn’t want other stars playing the characters I have grown to associate w/ the original stars who played them.

The LHOTP Fan Survey Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 3:02 pm

I watched the original airing of the show, although I don't know if I saw it from the first episode.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
I grew up with the show so I still love to watch it. They don't make shows like it anymore.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Sweet Sixteen, Back to School, and He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Favorite Season: Season 1

Toby Noe (he was in two episodes but I thought he would have been a fun addition to the show)

Favorite Romantic Moment: when Almanzo is covered in ice in He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not and he tells Laura he'll wait 2 years or 20.

I don't know if this is my favorite, but the only one I can think of right now is the ending of Fagin when Laura and Albert are both crying.

Favorite Ending:
Harvest of Friends

Back To School

Favorite Season Finale:
I’ll Be Waiving as you Drive Away

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 6

Yes, about 3 times.

If a new Little House on the Prairie movie was done, would you go watch it at the cinema and would you think it would be a popular movie?
We don't go to the theater so probably not. I don't think it would be that popular.

There was a Disney version of LHOTP. Did you watch all the episodes and what did you think of it?
I watched them all, but I didn't enjoy it very much. I had heard it was like the books, but I didn't find them that similar.

How many forums based on the show, characters, stars or the real ingalls do you visit?
I only visit this one.

I would love to see a reunion movie.

The LHOTP Fan Survey Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Happy011

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Back when we live in mexico we rented some episodes and now that we came here got very hooked
Why do you watch LHOTP?
It's funny it's about pulling together thats what it makes fun to watch

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Back to School Divoce Walnut grove style Laura Ingalls Wilder

Favorite Season: Can't Choose

Favorite Character: Mr Edwards

Chris

Favorite Romantic Moment: Laura and Almanzo First Kiss

Not Sure

Favorite Ending:
Return of Mr Edwards anyway where Laura & Charels go to him

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Favorite Season Finale:
He Loves me he Loves me not

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 5

Have you read the Little House books? Yes.

Don't Know

I have"t watch it yet

Only this one

I would Support

The LHOTP Fan Survey Jacobk10The LHOTP Fan Survey Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 6:49 pm

When I was a little girl. I was only seven. Channel 11 from Argentina (where I live) aired it exactly at 7.00 P.M

Why do you watch LHOTP?
For a lot of reasons. I love it for his high family, friendship , and Christian values. The story is good. It has its funny moments and also its tear-jerker moments. And it is based in a real story. I always loved much more real stories than fictional ones.

Top 3 favorite episodes.
"Country Girls", "Sweet Sixteen", "As Long as we are Together".

Favorite season: More than one. I can't really tell.

Favorite Character: Why! Laura!

Favorite one-time character.
Hmm. Hard to choce only one...but it could be Tinker Jones.

Favorite Romantic Moment:
Laura and Almanzo's first kiss. But there is a lot of good ones involving Caroline and Charles. Wink

Favorite Emotional Mment:
"Pa, Paaaa...I can't seeee!!!" bawling

Favorite ending:
Too many to remember. But if I must choice only one here you go: the end of "Remember me", when Alicia hugs Mr. Edwards. This is a classical tear-jerker too.

Back to School.

Favorite season Finale:
"He Loves me; He loves me Not" (This is really great, since it involves two love's stories: Laura's and Nellie's Love !)

Favorite DVD Cover art: Season 5

Have you read the "Little House Books"?
Yes, of course. I love them. :cabn:

If a new Little House movie was done would you watch it at the cinema and would you think it would be a popular movie?
Yes. I think I should watch it. But the fact it could popular or not, depends on the movie. If it is good, maybe it is popular. If not, I don't think so.

There was a Disney version of LHOTP. Did you watch all the episodes? And what did you think of it?
Didn't watched them. There are not available here in my country.I saw pics of them, but I did not find them convincing.

How many Forums based on the show , characters, stars or the real Ingalls do you visit?
Based on the show only this one, but I'm also member of another who speaks about real Ingallses and the books.

I will be in support! Cheer

Vanesa-

The LHOTP Fan Survey Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 7:38 pm

I was up really late on night and nothing was on T.V. I was flipping through the channels and stopped on T.V Land. There was a LHOTP marathon and I fell in love with it and stayed up until six a.m when the marathon ended. I started watching it on Hallmark every morning, and eventually made my mom buy me all the seasons.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
Wow, there are so many reasons. I like the way they aren't afraid to talk about God. The caring, loving and nurturing values. The accuracy of it, the way their not afraid to stand up for what they believed, and the way it can make you cry and laugh till you cry.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Tough one. "As Long As We're Together" (2 episodes) "Sweet Sixteen", and "Days of Sunshine, Days Of Shadows" (2 episodes)

Favorite Season:
Season 6

Favorite Character:
Laura

Jason (The Talking Machine)

Hard one....When Almonzo is picking Laura up fron Curry
and (finally) sees her as a woman.

There arehundreds of them....When Albert is talking to the men of Walnut Grove in "Look Back to Yesterday" about the community

Favorite Ending:
"Harvest of Friends"

"Laura Ingalls Wilder"

Favorite Season Finale:
"I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away"

Favorite DVD Cover Art:
Season 8

Yes

I would go see it any day, depending on who acts in it. It would probably be popular with certian generations.

No, I haven't but I want to.

I have been to all the LHOTP actors pages who have one, this forum and Prairie Talk.

I would support it any day! I would miss seeing all the wonderful LHOTP actors who have paased on though.

Kalin

The LHOTP Fan Survey Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 7:55 pm

Name: Samantha

When I was in middle school?

Why do you watch LHOTP?

I watch LH because Walnut Grove seemed to be the ideal community in which to live. People genuinlly care about eachother and they generally welcome those who are new to town and who are looking for a place to call "home". I also like the romance...

Top 3 favorite episodes:
..too many...can't answer

Favorite Season: I don't have one

Favorite Character: Mrs. Garvey

Toby Noe

The moment after Adam and Mary are joking about not eating enough of Ma's fried chicken...very sweet..but not overly sappy..

When Adam sees Mary for the first time...or when Laura is talking to Houston before Almanzo wakes up in He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Favorite Ending:

The end of Look Back to Yesterday..the shot of Laura and Albert holding hands

can't think of one

Favorite Season Finale:

Season 4 – I’ll Be Waiving as you Drive Away (I agree w/ Carol)

Haven't seen them all...can't say

I've read most of them...

I wouldn't...I don't want to see anybody but the 70's cast play these characters

I tried to...but Ma looked like a sorority girl, and not like a "Prairie Ma"...so I stopped watching...it just didn't seem "real"

One or two

I am all for it! Although, i know that it will never happen!

The LHOTP Fan Survey SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 2:45 pm

Name: Allison Wave

When I was in kindergarten I saw the pilot movie and became addicted then and there and have been ever since!

Why do you watch LHOTP?
I watch LH because it always makes me feel better. It makes me appreciate the conveniences of today's times as well as how hard pioneer life must have been. I love the close-family knit atmosphere of the Ingalls and neighbors. I love the LH messages about love, life, faith, family and tolerance of differences.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
I have so many… but the following are at the top of my big list: The Lord is My Shepherd; Remember Me; Back To School, Blizzard.

Favorite Character: Charles "Pa" Ingalls

It's a tie between Julia Sanderson (the great Patricia Neal) and Caleb Hodgekiss (the great Johnny Cash)

Favorite Romantic Moment: Anything romantic between Charles and Caroline is terrific!!

The Lord is My Shepherd: When Charles and Caroline are reciting Psalm 23 together after their baby dies. And I always choke-up when Jack, Laura's dog, dies.

Favorite Ending:
Grace & Mr Edwards wedding!!

Season 6 (Back to School).

Favorite Season Finale:

I have read them all except Farmer Boy.

If a new Little House on the Prairie movie was done, would you go watch it at the cinema and would you think it would be a popular movie?Yes, I would be so interested I'd just have to see it, but I don't think it would be popular.

There was a Disney version of LHOTP. Did you watch all the episodes and what did you think of it? I watched allof the episodes….It was difficult to picture other actors portraying our favorite Ingalls family.

How many forums based on the show, characters, stars or the real ingalls do you visit?I visit mostly just this one. Sometimes I'll go to Prairie Talk and Alison Argrim's site.

Yes, it's long overdue!!! Thumbsup[b]

The LHOTP Fan Survey AllisonKeepership
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Happy011

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Name: Beckie

When I was little

Why do you watch LHOTP?
Because of Matt, but also because they had such great stories and good morals. And some really unforgettable actors!

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Too hard to choose

Favorite Season: 5-8

Favorite Character: Albert

The wild boy, Matthew Rogers.

Favorite Romantic Moment: When Laura falls in love with Almonzo and then he falls in love with her.

To hard to choose.

Favorite Ending:
I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I have no idea which ones they are, lol

Favorite Season Finale:

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Don't have one

No

Yes, I would watch it but I don't think it would be as popular as the original.
I saw some and they were pretty good.
This one and prairietalk and sometimes imavision. Also my own Matt forum and any other sites relating to him such as matt_mates! :D
I would totally support it as long as I was in it, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Name: Debbie

When I was about 8 or 9 years old. (88-89)

Why do you watch LHOTP?
It is a wonderful family show that I never tire of.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
The Premeire Movie, Sweet Sixteen and Days Of Sunshine, Days Of Shadow

Favorite Season: That's a hard one... I would have to go for season 6

Julia Sanderson

Castoffs, when Laura discovers Jack has died and the Last Farewell(The entire thing!)

Favorite Ending:
Days Of Sunshine, Days Of Shadow

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Favorite Season Finale: I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 1 or Season 3

Yes

Yes, I would see it, do I think it would be popular? Probably not

I watched a few of the episodes. I didn't really like it. :(

I visit a few, obviously here, Prairie Talk ,Zunshine, Imavision, and and 2 Yahoo groups: Little House Memories and the K.G. Fan Club.

I would 100% support it! I would miss the cast we have lost though. :(
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 9:16 am

Name: John

When I was 8 years old, when season 2 originally aired. My 3rd grade teacher read from one of the books. I believe she mentioned the TV show, or maybe I just discovered the TV show on my own.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
Originally, I think it was because I could relate to the kids on the show, as I was close to their age, and I liked the funny scenes like kids urgently running to the outhouse and Willie having to stand in the corner all the time. Now, I like it because of the values portrayed -- loving relationships, hard work, helping each other when needed, and learning from one's mistakes.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Country Girls, The Talking Machine, Journey in the Spring

Favorite Season: Season 3

Anna Mears, the girl who leaves her baby in the woods.

Favorite Romantic Moment: One of the many romantic moments between Charles and Caroline. The scene where Charles falls while climbing up to the bedroom window of Caroline's childhood home comes to mind, but there may be a better one that I can't think of now.

In Part II of Journey in the Spring, when Laura is running and we hear the gunshot that puts Bunny down. Laura pauses briefly. She says nothing, but she expresses an emotion that's a mix of sadness and anger, and then she continues to run. It was the perfect scene for the moment, and it was acted out beautifully by Melissa Gilbert.

Favorite Ending:
Country Girls -- Laura's spoken "essay", the revealing of her real essay to Miss Beadle, and Miss Beadle's reaction to seeing Laura's real essay.

Castoffs. Although Kezia's pretending to hang out the laundry and make coffee is kind of silly, it's the death of Jack and Laura's initial rejection and eventual acceptance of Bandit that makes this episode so great.

Favorite Season Finale:
I’ll Be Waving As You Drive Away

Favorite DVD Cover Art:
No preference. I haven't really looked at them very much.

No, maybe some day though.

I'd go watch it. Sadly, I don't think it would be very popular.

I didn't see them. I didn't know about them until I read about them after I got hooked on LHotP again (about a year ago).

Other than this one, I sometimes browse the LHotP forum at tv.com. I've posted there a few times under the ID "jes92". I used to visit the LHotP forum at the Imavision site, but not too much anymore. I've visited Alison Arngrim's site a few times, especially when links to her site have been posted here. I visited Melissa Gilbert's site once or twice.

I would most enthusiastically support it!

The LHOTP Fan Survey JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 5:09 am

When I was zapping the channels on TV when I was 12 years old. I came across Little House and my mom yelled out 'Ahh that's Little House' Well she made me watch it, and I'm glad of that happy1

Why do you watch LHOTP?
Because I LOVE it so much. It's sweet, cute, funny, friendly, it has wonderful characters, it based on family values, I love the pioneer concept.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
The Richest Man in Walnut Grove, There Is No Place Like Home and Family Tree.

Favorite Season: Season 5

Favorite Character: Laura/Albert

Solomon

Favorite Romantic Moment: Charles and Caroline's kiss in the field.

When Albert became an official Ingalls.

Favorite Ending:‘Look Back to Yesterday when Albert & Laura climb the mountain.

Season 6 Back To School

Favorite Season Finale:

Favorite DVD Cover Art: I don't really have a fave.

A little part from one of the books.

Yes, I would go watch it just because it’s based on Little House.

The LHOTP Fan Survey DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
LHFanForever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHFanForever

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Name: Katie

I've watched the show as long as I can remember i'm 14 now, discovered the books when I was 8.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
I just love it! You can watch the same show over and over.

Top 3 favorite episodes: Country Girls Town Party Country Party Christmas at Plum Creek.

Favorite Character
: Laura

Favorite one-time character: The mute guy who made the bell not sure of his name.

When Charles tells Mary she is going blind.

Favorite Ending:
Days Of Sunshine, Days Of Shadow

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Favorite Season Finale: I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away

Favorite DVD Cover Art: I haven't seen the DVDs

Yes! I reread them at least once a year!!!!!!!!! I've read them like five times now.

If a new Little House on the Prairie movie was done, would you go watch it at the cinema and would you think it would be a popular movie?I would most definetly see it because I'm basically obsesed with everything related to Laura Ingalls Wilder, I don't think it would be popular.

[b]There was a Disney version of LHOTP. Did you watch all the episodes? I watched it twice all the way through! I loved it!

Two Here and Prairie Talk. I'm a new member here.

Absolutely! I would like to see them and how they've changed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 4:54 pm

The mute guy is Tinker Jones if I remember correctly :fyi:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 11:05 am

Name: Kerissa

My family watched it when it first came out. I vaguely remember watching reruns on the tv when I was four.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
It's loosely based on one of my favorite series and has some excellent episodes and some wonderful actors. It also has very little swearing and God is mentioned on a regular basis.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
boy... "I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away"
"Back to School"
"The Return of Mr. Edwards"

Favorite Season: probably season six

Favorite Character: I can't say that I have a favorite. I enjoy watching episodes about all of the main characters.

not certain

Favorite Romantic Moment: Harriet and Nels in "Mortal Mission"

Favorite Emotional Moment: Adam receiving his site. I love the part when he runs up to Jonathan and figures out who he is by hearing his voice.

Favorite Ending: Remember Me

Back to School

Favorite Season Finale:
I’ll Be Waiving as you Drive Away

Favorite DVD Cover Art: The seasons with the collage of pictures.

Yuparooski! I read them for the first time when I was seven.

I wouldn't go the the cinema to watch it, but I would definitely buy the dvd. I think that it would be pretty popular.

[b]I watched it and didn't really like it too much. I didn't like the odd zoom-ins.

[b]just this one

I think that a reunion movie would be really neat... not certain how they would do it... I would support it though.

The LHOTP Fan Survey PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Name: Aileen

About two years ago.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
I don't really know! It's just a really great show. There should be more shows like it these days.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Hmm.....The Lord Is My Sheperd (Parts 1 & 2), Harvest Of Friends, Christmas At Plum Creek.

Favorite Season: Six or one.

Olga

The Pa-Laura reunion in The Lord Is My Sheperd.

Favorite Ending: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Probably Season 6.

Favorite Season Finale:
Season 6- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Don't really have a favorite!

Yep! 3 times!

Probably. I sincerely doubt it would be popular,though.

Never seen it! I hope to rent it though.

About 3: Here, IMDb, and I lurk around Prairie Talk sometimes.

I'd support it, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 9:47 am

Name: Amy

I was 4 when it came out, and 4 when I started watching, because I had two older sisters. They didn't grow to love it the way I did. I guess the key is to start 'em young! Wink

Why do you watch LHOTP?
Although it feels nostalgic and brings back memories of childhood for me, I actually just find Little House comforting. Reminds me of simpler times and all my problems seem to disappear when I'm in front of it. Not to mention the comfort I find in seeing our special actors who are gone...Michael, Victor, Kevin, Dabbs. They really have left a legacy.

Top 3 favorite episodes:Christmas at Plum Creek, Richest Man in Walnut Grove, and The Award. And GOSH, that was hard! :think:

Favorite Season: Season 1. When I used to watch this every day on WTBS, I couldn't wait for season 1 to roll back around!! Wink

Favorite Character: Laura (gosh, another hard question....later on, Albert became my favorite, but the show was all about Laura for me for a loooong time. Now, as a 'grown-up', I would have to say Ma, actually.

Favorite one-time character: Jimmy Hill! (But a close second is the stuttering girl...was it Anna? I'm drawing a blank).

Favorite Romantic Moment:Charles telling Caroline that she's dirty and her hair is 'all askew' but that she's still the most beautiful woman in the world. *SIGH* Love

Favorite Emotional Moment: When Ma finds out Laura gave her the stove.

Favorite Ending:Richest Man in Walnut Grove

Favorite Season Premiere: Season 2 (Richest Man in Walnut Grove)

Favorite Season Finale: I'll be Waving as you drive away

Have you read the Little House books? I think I read them all as a child, but I can't remember them all. I do remember really liking These Happy Golden Years.

Of course I would watch it...but it would never come to a theater/cinema. No If there was a tv reunion movie, I believe it would be hugely popular.

I haven't liked or appreciated any other 'attempts' by others in re-making the Little House books/series. Not because I didn't appreciate Laura's life any way you slice it, but the original 'draw' for me in the NBC series was the actors and overall 'feel' of the show. You just can't recaptue that.

I only visit this one.

If they wanted to do one, I'd support it. But I just think now it's a matter of waiting WAY too long. Too many that we loved have passed on, and as others have said, no way would we want to see 'replacements' in their roles.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 9:16 pm

Name: Paula

I got to watch it as it first aired. I loved the books, too.

Why do you watch LHOTP?Well, I originallly watched it through the eyes of a child loving the characters and waiting anxiously to see what would happen next. Today I watch the reruns because I feel prime time tv is not worth viewing. I work with kids and there is nothing out there that is new that doesn't contain adult humor or put downs and they wonder why kids treat each other the way they do sometimes.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Harvest of Friends, Remember Me, Lord is Ny Shepherd

Favorite Character: Charles

Ernest Borgnine

Favorite Romantic Moment: I don't remember which episode I think it might have been Richest Man but Charles goes out to the field where Caroline is plowing and says something like "Your face is dirty your hair all askew and you are still the prettiest woman I've ever seen." Then they have the most romantic kiss from the whole season.

Definitely the Hunters when Charles has been shot and tells Laura to get the spooked horse. As She walks away and he is laying there bleeding he prays to God to not let Laura watch him die. Perfectly acted by Michael Landon. You sense his fear and the seriousness of the moment.

Favorite Ending:

When the old lady who plans her wake comes out at her own funeral to address her kids. The looks on everyone's face.

Season 2 (Richest Man of Walnut Grove)

Favorite Season Finale:

Favorite DVD Cover Art:
Season 2 DVD Box set

I've read all, but it's been a while.

It depends who is in the show. If it wasn't any of the original cast I doubt I would.

I visit 4.

Yes, I would support it is it were a reunion, but with so many of the original cast gone it would have to be a well written story that didn't spend too much time dwelling on the past, but what the characters were doing in the timeframe they were in now. I would much rather have a LHOP tribute show where cast reflect back on their experiences of being a part of tv show history
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 9:47 am

Name: Pam

I started watching it as a child, when it was a new series.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
It's a good family show. It's something I can watch with my kids now, and I don't have to worry about content. I am also interested in the time period that the show is set in.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Idon't know the names of all the shows. One of my favorites is when Laura first meets Almanzo. I also like Sweet Sixteen and I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away.

The one that Charles had to make special shoes for because her legs were 2 different lenghts. Was it Olga?

Favorite Romantic Moment: Laura & Almanzo’s first kiss.

The episode where Charles had broken his ribs and almost lost the oxen because he wasn't able to hold out his part of the bargain, stacking the grain. Just seeing Laura and Mary watching him struggle, then seeing them struggle trying to move those heavy sacks themselves. It gets me every time.

Favorite Ending:
There are so many, I can't think of just one.

Not sure.

Favorite Season Finale:
Not sure.

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Not sure.

Yes, and I loved them all.

I would absolutely watch it. I'm not sure how popular it would be. I know it wouldn't be a blockbuster it, but I'd hope it would do okay.

I watched it and enjoyed it. It seemed a bit more realistic to me. Though some of the camera shots drove me crazy. I had hoped that it would become a regular series. Partly because there really aren't any family shows to watch on regular tv any more. No shows like that, that I can think of.

Here. I used to visit Prairie Talk regulary, but for whatever reason (lack of time to spend on the computer, mainly), I haven't been there in a long time.

I would love to see a reuinion movie.
_________________[/img]

The LHOTP Fan Survey PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 pm

You are not the only one wanting a new family show to be aired regulary again...No more of these in nowadays TV! bawling

Vanesa.

The LHOTP Fan Survey Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 am

I know. I can't think of one single show on regular tv that I like to watch with my kids.

We do watch some of the Disney shows together. Those are okay, but they are mainly like sit-coms. There are just no good family dramas at all, that I can think of, that are new.

My daughter and I do watch LHOP, or the The Walton's together sometimes. I am glad that they still play the old shows.

The LHOTP Fan Survey PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:27 am

Name:
Kelly

Right after high school. I started watching when it was on TBS in the mornings.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
It's an awesome show!

Top 3 favorite episodes:
I Remember, I Remember
Fagin
Divorce, Walnut Grove Style

Favorite Season:

Favorite Character:
Albert

Sylvia

The last scene of I Remember, I Remember.

Charles finds Laura after she ran away in The Lord is My Shepherd.

Favorite Ending:
Laura accepts Albert as her brother in Fagin.

Season 6 (Back to School)

Favorite Season Finale:
Season 5 (The Odyssey)

Favorite DVD Cover Art:
Season 3

No

I probably wouldn't see it and I don't think it would be popular.

I didn't watch it.

I visit this forum and the IMDb forum sometimes.

I would watch it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:08 am

Name: Jenny

I just remember watching the later years of it when it originally on. Don't remember specific time/age

Why do you watch LHOTP?
I love history and the fact that it was based on a real person and it didn't always show the hard life of pioneers, it showed some good times, too.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Sweet Sixteen, I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away Part 1 & 2 and Laura Ingalls Wilder

Favorite Season: Season 7 (Whichever Sweet Sixteen is part of)

Favorite Character: Almanzo

Chris, the handyman that helped Ma build on to the cabin and that made Mary mad.

Favorite Romantic Moment: When Almanzo notices Laura in a new light, outside his buggy in Sweet Sixteen

Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow: When Laura discovers Almanzo has built her a new home and shows her he can walk again or in Days of Sunshine Days of Shadow when Laura sees the state of her home after the tornado.

Favorite Ending:
the end of the episode where Mary and Adam get married(The Wedding?) I love the look on Mary's face when she hears Rev. Alden's voice behind her.

Season 6 (Back to School).

Favorite Season Finale:

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 3 DVD Box set

Not yet, but intend to. To be such a fan, I'm not sure why I haven't

I may watch it, although it would be difficult to see different actors in the roles. I doubt it would be popular. It would be better as a Made For TV Movie

I did not watch it. I'm stuck on the original show.

Just this one b/c I can't find the address to the other one I use to frequent. I also visit Dean's blog and I'm Melissa's friend on Myspace and I follow her on Twitter.

I would support it if some of the original actors/actresses were in it and maybe some of the original production crew were involved with it.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 am

Just discovered this...

Name: Alex(ander)

When mum and dad bought Little House on the Prairie(book), then we got the full book set, then seasons 1 & 2 on DVD.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
Because...

Top 3 favorite episodes:
Country Girls, In the Big Inning, Pride of Walnut Grove, and more...

Favorite Season: Season 2

Favorite Character: Laura!! loveheart

Hmm...

Hmm...

Mary and Ma meeting at the end of "The Award."

Favorite Ending:
Mary arriving back in Walnut Grove at the end of "Pride of Walnut Grove."

Season 2-Richest Man of Walnut Grove

Favorite Season Finale:
Hmm...

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 2 DVD

Yep all!

Um, probably not.
I think that it would be next to be impossible to do a new LHOTP after the famous 1974-1983 one. Although I could direct one, and I know a few people to play Mary, Laura, etc... batEyes

No, and I can't see anyone else being Laura. scratchead

How many forums based on the show, characters, stars or the real Ingalls do you visit?
This forum and Melissa Gilbert’s page.

Hmm...

The LHOTP Fan Survey Alexke11
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:59 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Just discovered this...
Thanks for doing so because I somehow managed to miss it. Smile

Can't really answer this one. It was still on TV when I was born. So it has always been in my life. My earliest memories of it, though, were the reruns in the afternoon on a local TV station. Also, my mother read to me every night and she quite often read the LH books to me.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
It is a good show! I enjoy the stories and the acting. I think it is the best show out there.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
This is a hard one. My favorites change a lot of the time because of my mood. Smile So, right now, I think I would say, in no particular order, "Ma's Holiday", "Family Quarrel" and "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not" (can a two-parter be considered one episode? Smile )

Favorite Season:
Season 6

Favorite Character:
Charles (Nels is a close second)

Ebenezer Sprague (yes, I know he was on twice, but I still wish they would've used him more)

When Charles and Caroline say "Merry Christmas" to each other after he and Almanzo bring in the presents from the barn in "A Christmas They Never Forgot"

Bad emotional (is it possible to use that? Smile ) - when Charles discovers the death of his mother
Good emotional - When we discover what Laura really had written down after her speech in "Country Girls".

Favorite Ending:
When the men of the town comes to help Charles at the end of "A Harvest of Friends"

Season 6 - "Back to School"

Favorite Season Finale:
Season 6 - "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not"

Favorite DVD Cover Art:
Probably season one because the picture is so classic.

Yes.

Yeah, I'd go see it. I don't think it would be overly popular. Do I think it would be a "failure"? No. But it definitely wouldn't be a blockbuster. I think it would do a lot better if it would be more independently made.

Honestly? I tried to watch it. More than once, in fact, but I just can't get into it.

This is the only one. I signed up on another one once a long time ago but I don't know what that one was now! Yikes

I would LOVE to see a reunion movie. Sure, alot of the actors are no longer here, but that could be a part of the storyline. It would have to be so many years later, anyway, and they could have the deaths of the characters just be worked into the story.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : The LHOTP Fan Survey Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Name: Marilyn

I was in grade 7 and had to watch a tv show and write a report. I found LHOP at the beginning of it's 2nd or 3rd season and watched it regularily til it ended.

Why do you watch LHOTP?
It is a family show that has wonderful Christian morals. There are no shows out there like that today and they were few and far between when I was growing up back in the late 70's when I was in grade 7.

Top 3 favorite episodes:
The Lord is My Shepherd, The Pilot, The Christmas They Never Forgot.

Favorite Character: Charles

The man who played Almanzo's father in The Christmas They Never Forgot. He had a great way of getting Almanzo to believe in Santa. He was on Green Acres too and was a great actor.

Any and all of the moments between Charles and Caroline

When Charles finds Laura on Jonathan's Mountain in The Lord is My Shepherd.

Favorite Ending:
The townspeople helping Charles and the girls in Harvest of Friends.

Season 2-Richest Man of Walnut Grove

Favorite Season Finale:
Can't remember them all.

Favorite DVD Cover Art: Season 1 DVD

Absolutely. I'm the queen of Little House books, have over 100 about Laura.

I would definately go and watch it. Any way that Laura can be remembered is a good thing. I don't think that it would be popular in the general public but when LHOP fans get together, watching anything related to Laura is a wonderful experience. It's fun to watch with people who "get it!'

I watched it on tv and now I own it. I liked the way they stuck to the books but the camera angles were wierd and should have been edited out. I alos loved watching the Beyond The Prairie movies. They were great. I don't mind seeing others playing the same characters that we know on the show, as long as Laura's story is told to new generations, I hope her legacy lives forever.

How many forums based on the show, characters, stars or the real Ingalls do you visit?
I belong to this forum, sometimes head over to Prairie Talk and am a member of Dean's Divas, a yahoo group. I have met 10 of the cast members so I have them as friends on facebook.
My best friend, whom I have known since April 1997 is a relative of Laura. I also know her cousin. We chat daily online. They live in America and I'm in Canada. I love the internet.

Well, yes and no. As I mentioned above I've met many of the cast and they have been asked that question many times. I think they would be willing to do a reunion movie but the owners of the rights of LHOP won't hear of it. So instead they get together and have reunions where they talk about being on the show. I've been to some of these reunions and they are wonderful people.
While it would be nice to see what has happened to the characters of our favourite show, I think it might be a disappointment. Walnut Grove has been blown up, actors have died and too much time has passed. I'd watch but to be honest, I'm glad they can't make one. I wouldn't want to see it and be saddened.

Hope I haven't been too wordy and put you all to sleep.

The LHOTP Fan Survey MarilynKeeper The LHOTP Fan Survey Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The LHOTP Fan Survey   The LHOTP Fan Survey Empty

Back to top Go down

The LHOTP Fan Survey
Page 1 of 1