Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions

Go down 
+16
Kristina
Shell
Davetucson
Honeybee
Carpenters4ever
ilovelittlehouse20
JW
Gin
Jillybean
alexczarn
julmer70
Muriel88
littlehouselover
bethandmanly
Amy
LIWnut
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Cloud910

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Empty
PostSubject: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Next year (2014) will mark the 40 year since our beloved Little House on the Prairie first aired and to celebrate there will be many cast reunions.  One of them is being planned for Walnut Grove (makes sense to me!) for July.  I have created a Facebook group for those who may plan to attend these reunions.  If you are interested in joining please check out Facebook Group. Right now this is an open group but will be eventually made private to keep trouble out.  But please join if you are at all interested in keeping up with the news.  Allison Arngrim has already promised too keep us informed.
I would dearly LOVE to meet up with some of my Michigan prairie buddies!

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions MarilynKeeper 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 pm

This would be so incredible.  I actually am considering this, if over the next year I see that Alison is able to pull enough people to this spot.  It's a tough call, because I've mainly focused over the years on trying to get to Missouri---it is closer to me and a more logical meeting spot for Rhonda & Gin.  But it's all going to come down to what cast members end up where, and I'm guessing we won't know for quite awhile.  But I've never done anything like this---it would be such a dream to do something 'Little House focused' like this.   And Teresa is in Minnesota!  It would be amazing to finally meet her, and you, Marilyn!  Of course, I'd do everything in my power to get Lisa and other Michigan friends to join me!Thumbsup  Time will tell.  For me it all has to do with how finances look next year.Whistle   Wish money grew on trees!Yikes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I didn't have a major LH related event to spend money on this summer but I've been saving for Laurapalooza 2015. Guess I won't have to wait that long after all.
I am, however, going on a cheap, overnight LHOP trek to Malone next month, can't wait. Gee, it seems almost impossible for me to not have a Laura related summer experience.

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions MarilynKeeper 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Amy, maybe we can sweet talk Gin and Rhonda into a trip up north.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:19 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I didn't have a major LH related event to spend money on this summer but I've been saving for Laurapalooza 2015.  Guess I won't have to wait that long after all.
I am, however, going on a cheap, overnight LHOP trek to Malone next month, can't wait.  Gee, it seems almost impossible for me to not have a Laura related summer experience.

Awesome! Have fun! Thumbsup 

LIWnut wrote:
Amy, maybe we can sweet talk Gin and Rhonda into a trip up north.

Sounds good to me!Thumbsup 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 am

I would love to go, but in July we're usually in NC.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:49 am

Do you think that will be the only Aniv-type show? Do you think they will ever have a TV special? Even if it wasn't on a main channel, for TV Land, Hallmark, etc. Maybe they can't do a LHOP show, but the gathering of stars while they have a marathon or somthing like that, to discuss the show, memories, etc.

They mainly seem to do shows in places like Michigan which is understandable but I wish they would come to the North East sometimes.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:02 am

I'm with you. I live on in the NE too, and it's highly unlikely I'll have the money or ability to travel to the Midwest for some time.

TV reunions always seemed to be held up by the Friendly family and rights issues. Not sure if that will change, but I would love to see the remaining cast do a tribute to Michael and LHOP.

Back to top Go down
Muriel88
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Muriel88

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:28 pm

Good idea to start the planning early. It's incredible how quickly the time passes. Hubby and I are planning on going. I hope they release the dates a bit earlier than they have in the past - so people who are far away can take advantage of discounted airfares, etc. It's early days, but my vague idea at the moment is to fly into Minneapolis, rent a car, stop in at WG, De Smet, etc., - and drive back to California, stopping at a bunch of places along the way. But who knows what may happen between now and then. And there's a certain Diva buddy, I wouldn't mind spending time with!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:10 am

Alison just posted on her FB page that the reunion will be taking place July 25-27 2014.   I'm going to start saving up for this NOW.  It'll be so cool to go!  The cast members who will be attending are still TBA...however, Alison herself is already confirmed to go.  

http://www.walnutgrove.org/Reunion.htm

http://highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/its-official-little-house-on-the-prairie-reunion-next-july-in-walnut-grove-mn-highlight-hollywood-news/
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:51 am

Walnut grove is out of my way...possibly...

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Alexke11
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Alison also mentioned there is one being planned in France.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Sharon Evans, trainer of Jack and Bandit has confirmed that she will be attending. I can't wait to meet her, she is a Facebook friend. She is writing a book about training animals in the tv industry and hopes that it will be finished before July. She has a chapter in it about working on LHOP.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

That's neat, Marilyn.

Back to top Go down
Jillybean
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Jillybean

Number of posts : 39
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

AWESOME!! In the last three years my mom and I have traveled to Walnut Grove twice; first, to meet Dean Butler and second to meet Alison Arngrim and Charlotte Stewart. I could kick myself for both visits, however! I was sooooooooo nervous and excited when meeting Dean Butler, that I forgot to ask for his autograph (though I did get a photograph with him)!!!! Same thing happened next time. I got Alison's and Charlotte's autographs - but was so worried about getting their on time that I forgot my camera!!! I sure hope these three turn out for next year's celebration. Would love a redo of sorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 pm

I want to go so bad. Clay said he would get me a plane ticket , rape whistle and mace. Rhonda? How do we do this??

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:15 am

I suggest that you book a room in Tracy. Muriel and I have booked ours. SO EXCITED!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Happy011

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:31 pm

thud I WANNA GO!!! But its a little to soon for me to tell if i will be able to go but I will do everything in my power to go, its not looking to promising yet since i have a trip planned to mexico during July or August next year but i really want to do this meeting all of you would super fantastic jumphappy

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Jacobk1040th Anniversary Cast Reunions Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ilovelittlehouse20
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ilovelittlehouse20

Number of posts : 14
Mood : 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:07 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Alison Arngrim (Nellie), Wendi and Brenda Turnbaugh (Grace), Lucy Lee Flippin (Eliza Wilder), Charlotte Stewart (Miss Beadle), Sidney Greenbush (Carrie), Hersha Parady (Mrs. Garvey) will be attending the cast reunion in Walnut Grove July 25-27, 2014 according to walnutgrove.org/Reunion.htm
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Jillybean

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:10 pm

ilovelittlehouse20 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Alison Arngrim (Nellie), Wendi and Brenda Turnbaugh (Grace), Lucy Lee Flippin (Eliza Wilder), Charlotte Stewart (Miss Beadle), Sidney Greenbush (Carrie), Hersha Parady (Mrs. Garvey) will be attending the cast reunion in Walnut Grove July 25-27, 2014 according to walnutgrove.org/Reunion.htm
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all we need Is DB, MSA, MG, KG, KM, RB, and about 20 others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Jillybean

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:11 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I suggest that you book a room in Tracy.  Muriel and I have booked ours.  SO EXCITED!
You've already booked rooms for this? Will they fill up that fast? Yikes...I hadn't thought about that.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Check out the info we got today about who will be attending.

Cast members attending reunion

Back to top Go down
Carpenters4ever
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
Carpenters4ever

Number of posts : 1114

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Wow! Hard to believe it's been almost 40 years. Where does the time go?

photo MaggieKeeper_zps05cb0b4a.gif
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:43 pm

I'll love to go. What is the name of the facebook group?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Carpenters4ever
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
Carpenters4ever

Number of posts : 1114

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Please post a link to the Facebook group.

photo MaggieKeeper_zps05cb0b4a.gif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   40th Anniversary Cast Reunions Empty

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next