Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa's New Home

Go down 
+13
Lori
LHOTPfan2000
Rhonda
Jillybean
JW
Davetucson
Gin
Savannah
Rob
Teresa
LIWnut
bethandmanly
Amy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Cloud910

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am

I read in an online newspaper article that she was moving to Michigan to see a dr and be treated for symptoms of menopause. Her new husband found this dr for her. I think that this article also said that they were just renting this house.

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Lisa wrote:
If it was only a part-time, get-away home, though, it doesn't seem like they'd have packed everything up. Plus in one post she referred to it as her "new hometown". So I would guess that they intend to make it more than just an occasional get-away place. They may not live there FULL-time, but I don't see them going to all the trouble of packing all of their belongings if they only meant to be there once in a while.

As far as the media is concerned, Melissa is kind of "yesterday's news". So I don't see them traveling across the country to hound her to see what she and her husband are up to. Now........her Michigan neighbors might not consider her yesterday's news. HeeHee
Yesterday's news is putting it lightly Lisa.
Maybe they will throw a barbecue! How exciting!

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Meliss10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I read in an online newspaper article that she was moving to Michigan to see a dr and be treated for symptoms of menopause.  Her new husband found this dr for her.  I think that this article also said that they were just renting this house.

Oh, interesting!

I had read that they were renting with the option to buy too, but to hear her talk (write, lol) it sounds like she is thinking more permanently.  I've never heard anyone so excited to 'rent' a home in Michigan.scratchead HeeHee  That just doesn't make sense.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 pm

[quote="Davetucson"]Yesterday's news is putting it lightly Lisa.
Maybe they will throw a barbecue! How exciting!

Dave, I will SO be there!! LOL!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Amy, if she throws away her plate at that barbecue, will you dig it out of the trash and mail it to me? LOL
I may NEVER get to Michigan. : (

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:09 pm

If i ever get to Michigan again which i hope i will, I might just have to pop in and borrow a cup of sugar from Melissa Laughing 

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Jacobk10Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 am

Yes, there might be a great long line at Melissa's door for sugar. lol

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:17 am

A call from Howell came up on our caller ID yesterday, but I don't think it was Melissa. She would have left a message. HeeHee 

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Laughing  Lori!

Jacob! Laughing  I love it! You should come allllllllllll the way from Canada just to borrow a cup of sugar from her. greenS  Now THAT might make news.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Melissa's home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:22 am

I found these pics searching for some LHOP info...I saw her new home before but decorated for Xmas, It does look beautfiul.

I like how she lives with others nearby, a real neighborhood, not like Hollywood.

http://instagram.com/p/h6xJvzPoHM/

http://instagram.com/notsohalfapint

She always loved to share pics of her home, LHOP memorabilia, etc. I might not agree with doing it as much, but it's her call. I do love her home though...if I could afford it, I'd love a home like that....I have an old home, but not with the pretty touches this one has.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks for sharing this!

My friend (who lives in Howell) had said she had it done nicely for Christmas.  Seems she gets more excited for Halloween décor, lol, but I like the simplicity of the fresh greenery too.  Lisa and my friend and I all went on a stalking mission not long ago and did a drive by. HeeHee (and then another and another Wink ).  So amazed at how this is right downtown, not in 'hoitytoitville' in the least.  I wonder how Melissa is liking her first winter here!

I see, as I looked through her instagram pictures, that she has a new cookbook coming out?!  I want one---would be neat to get one signed!  I have to find out more details on this...

And I love that the family are MSU Spartan fans!!  I was wondering, and now I have clarification! yesss

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm sure it's cheaper living here than her old house and maybe they (or her husband) like the weather...I'm not a winter girl myself.

She did sell the other and they did a lot to this one to be "renting"..I never read that, she just said "our new home".

I hope people don't bug her and let her be part of the crowd. She doesn't have young children so she didn't have to worry about schools, etc. I hope she is happy with the simplicity of the area and less congested CA.

Re the cookbook, maybe it's local for now, usually amazon has books long before they come out and I didn't see anything. She does love to cook though...always has recipes and pics of food judging from her newsfeed.

The book she is signing in the picture is this one though:
http://www.amazon.com/Daisy-Josephine-Melissa-Gilbert/dp/1442445785/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1387473888&sr=8-10&keywords=melissa+gilbert
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 2:01 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I hope people don't bug her and let her be part of the crowd. She doesn't have young children so she didn't have to worry about schools, etc. I hope she is happy with the simplicity of the area and less congested CA.

What's interesting to me is how she's put herself out there.  This house is RIGHT in town (literally on a street right around the corner from all the downtown businesses) and she lives right on a corner lot with almost no front yard and very narrow streets.  And she posts things like the view of her street, the front of her house....clearly we are all more concerned with her privacy than she is. HeeHee  I thought the SAME thing, hoping that people don't bug her, but it doesn't seem like she's a very private person at all.  I really think she's 'old hat' in the neighborhood though.  Also, the house across the street from her is for sale (I want it!! Laughing ) and I have to wonder if the owners are going to try to cash in on the fact that a celebrity lives right across the street!  Not a bad marketing idea, when you live in little ol' downtown Howell and suddenly a famous actress rolls into town!

littlehouselover wrote:
Re the cookbook, maybe it's local for now, usually amazon has books long before they come out and I didn't see anything. She does love to cook though...always has recipes and pics of food judging from her newsfeed.

The book she is signing in the picture is this one though:
http://www.amazon.com/Daisy-Josephine-Melissa-Gilbert/dp/1442445785/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1387473888&sr=8-10&keywords=melissa+gilbert

Thank you for that!  Good to know! Thumbsup   Looks like a cute book.
[/quote]

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:53 am

Good for her. Hope she is happy at her new place.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Amy wrote:

What's interesting to me is how she's put herself out there.  This house is RIGHT in town (literally on a street right around the corner from all the downtown businesses) and she lives right on a corner lot with almost no front yard and very narrow streets.  And she posts things like the view of her street, the front of her house....clearly we are all more concerned with her privacy than she is. HeeHee 

HeeHee  That was what I thought, too. Everyone else seems terribly concerned about her privacy, and she doesn't seem to be concerned in the LEAST. It looks like she just wants to be part of everything and experience "small town America" to the fullest. (Even though her town is quite a bit bigger than mine. Wink But it's a LOT smaller than LA.)
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Some fun pictures....I have to wonder what she's thinking about these insane temps/wind chills as of late!  But she seems to appreciate the beauty of the area.  (Although she did leave for Miami for 2 weeks, lol!). Here's her instagram page.  I LOVE her new wedding ring!!  Rose gold and morganite, and amazing combination. Love 

http://instagram.com/notsohalfapint#

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Muriel88
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Muriel88

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 pm

I initially thought it was unusual for Melissa to be posting photos of her home and interior on Instagram. But you know what? Maybe she just wants to be "normal" now that she's a mid-westerner....and live a regular life, in a modest home and to share what she's doing online - like many of us. Who knows...
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 pm

She did say it was "Little House on the Prairie" weather. ; )
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:17 pm

A new 15 minute long interview with Melissa and Timothy, and I must say, he seems like such a lovely man!  They are both just a very nice down-to-earth couple.  The things she says about Michigan absolutely warm my 'Pure Michigan' heart!loveheart 

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/melissa-gilbert-for-clickon/-/1719418/24863936/-/15hmmcb/-/index.html

She did a book signing in Howell today...I would have been there in a heartbeat had I not had my son home for spring break from college, and needing to bring him back there tomorrow.  It's just too much travel in one weekend.  But the good news is, I AM meeting Melissa at the end of May!  My sister is the CEO for a center for grieving children here, and Melissa is going to be a guest speaker for a fundraising event they're having!  So my sister bought me a ticket and I will be meeting her.  Dream come true!!! Applause 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:12 pm

thud  So happy for you, Mimi!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Love  You know how happy I am for you! I can't wait to hear all about it!! And what a great interview. Thank you for sharing that, Amy! She really does seem to be thoroughly enjoying Michigan. (I think that being in love helps. HeeHee ) And I agree with Timothy - even though this has been a LONG winter, it's been GORGEOUS. I love that she enjoyed playing in the snow!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Wow!! That's awesome, Amy!!! I'm so excited for you! Are you going to tell her that you've been stalking her with all of your drive-by's?????
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Very nice!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Awesome. How exciting.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:17 pm

I loved the video. They seem like a really happy couple.
I am excited that you will be meeting her Amy. I have met many LH actors but I haven't met Melissa. I saw her in the musical, was about 10 feet from her but we didn't meet. I am sure that you will have an amazing visit. Can't wait to see pictures.

Melissa's New Home - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa's New Home - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa's New Home
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next