Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New test for pancreatic cancer developed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
New test for pancreatic cancer developed Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : New test for pancreatic cancer developed Happy010

New test for pancreatic cancer developed Empty
PostSubject: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm

This is completely amazing - and a HUGE step forward in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, which, of course, took the life of Michael Landon, as well as countless others. As of last year, more than 85% of the cases of pancreatic cancer were discovered once the disease had reached its final stages, when people have about a 2% chance of survival. Not only can this test be used to accurately detect pancreatic cancer in its earliest stages, it can be altered slightly, and used to detect multiple OTHER forms of cancer in their early stages! This could be SO. SO. HUGE in the fight against cancer. AND the test costs 3 cents to make. Three cents! (The former test for pancreatic cancer was $800, was time-consuming to wait for results, and less than 75% accurate.) This test takes 5 minutes to run, and is 99% accurate. VERY exciting news, so I had to share! Here's the TEENAGER who developed this test:

And here's a link to the original broadcast:

TED Talk
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : New test for pancreatic cancer developed Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 pm

That's amazing! Applause 

Ha! On the main board, your header shows up as "New test for pan...", and I figured I was in for it. HeeHee 
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
New test for pancreatic cancer developed Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : New test for pancreatic cancer developed Happy010

PostSubject: Re: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 pm

laugh3  Yesssss, I have a new pan test...Oh, Rooooooooooob! Would you step over here for a moment, please? laugh3 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : New test for pancreatic cancer developed Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Welllllll... if it only costs three cents... okay. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : New test for pancreatic cancer developed Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh my gosh, this is incredible!!  Thanks for sharing this, Lisa!  This is one of those cancers, like ovarian cancer (my mother in law died of) that you hear and think, "Oh no."  I mean, you KNOW it's not very promising when you hear someone has either of these.  To think of the fighting chance people will have now---and to think it was developed by a teen?!thud   WOW.

Oh, and Rob, I thought exactly the same thing when I read the header!Laughing 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : New test for pancreatic cancer developed Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm

That's fabulous news. I'm so glad you shared it.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New test for pancreatic cancer developed   New test for pancreatic cancer developed Empty

Back to top Go down

New test for pancreatic cancer developed
Page 1 of 1