HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Organic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1875
Mood :

PostSubject: Organic?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 am

Has anyone here gone organic??

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7312
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 am

Not 100%. We eat some organic foods, but I find my family isn't overly keen on them. I grow vegetables and herbs, so that helps me feel like I have more control over what is in our food.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37918
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:26 am

No...

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13415
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 am

I wish I could afford to go all organic.  If produce is say, only 30 cents or 50 cents more, I'll tend to go organic.  They say that it's most important to buy the fruits and veggies that you eat the skin of---like apples, celery, that kind of thing, as opposed to oranges, etc.  They say that coffee is one of the #1 things we should be buying organic, but I still don't.  I've tried it and didn't like the taste.  But I tend to like organic fruits and veggies better than non-organic.

And I wish I could afford to buy more grass-fed beef and organic chicken, but who has that extra $$ for the grocery bill?scratchead

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37918
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Yeah buying all organic foods be a pretty penny. I've seen organic milk. ehh . 10 bucks

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1875
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 am

It's a crying shame how expensive organic is, but I've discovered it's worth it. I'd rather be paying high for healthy foods than a doc's bill. It is amazing the changes that have happened in my health and body since going organic!! Smile 

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muriel88
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:19 pm

We live in a rural community with plenty of certified organic farms around the place. We do buy some organic foods, but not everything. We also grow some of our own fruits. Even if we went completely organic with the foods we ate, there would still be synthetic products around that can cause real problems. The dyes in the clothes we buy, the chemicals in most cleaning products, furniture and in the general atmosphere.....so that's part of the reason we haven't gone the whole way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organic?   

Back to top Go down

Organic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1