Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide

Go down 
+9
georgiagirl1993
Kathleen Marie
charles ingalls
flatbroke
Savannah
bethandmanly
JW
Carol
Misti
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Happy010

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Empty
PostSubject: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm

This is so sad...

Benoit strangled wife, smothered son

ATLANTA - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."
"We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. He said test results may not be back for weeks.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects. The official who described the manner of death spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was to be released at a news conference later Tuesday.
Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Nancy Benoit filed for a divorce in May 2003, saying their three-year union was irrevocably broken and alleging "cruel treatment." But she later dropped the complaint, as well as a request for a restraining order in which she charged that Benoit had threatened her and had broken furniture in their home.

In the divorce filing, she said Benoit made more than $500,000 a year as a professional wrestler and asked for permanent custody of Daniel and child support. In his response, Benoit sought joint custody.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Neighbors said the Benoits led a low-key lifestyle.
"We would see Chris walking in his yard from time to time. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't really outwardly warm," said Alaina Jones, who lives across the street.

Jimmy Baswell, who was Benoit's driver for more than five years, placed a white wreath at the Benoits' gate. "They always seemed like they were the happiest people," he said.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."
The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., said authorities asked that it not release further information on the deaths.

Benoit, born in Montreal, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles. His names in the ring included "The Canadian Crippler."
"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.
"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said fellow Canadian Bret Hart, a five-time champion with the World Wrestling Federation. The federation has since changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment.
Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling. The Fayette County Tax Assessors Office lists the value of the house, situated on more than 8.5 acres, at nearly $900,000.
The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of a story line on World Championship Wrestling, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide HummerPro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide MistiKeeperPro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Bookclub5Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 4:08 pm

That is soo sad!! Why do people do this.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 7:37 pm

I heard about this... very sad... our world is getting worse and worse everyday Blue

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 7:56 pm

I heard about this to so sad

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Jacobk10Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 pm

How awful!!! I can't imagine what drives people to do such things.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:30 pm

I heard about it too. it's really sad makes me wonder what kind of world our children are growing up in and if the world is the way it is now, just think what the world will be for our grandchildren, kind of a scary thought huh? :think:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:38 pm

That's so awful. Blue My cousin is married to a body builder, who used steroids for a long time. He was very mean, and abusive - he put her in the hospital twice. He says that he's off steroids, but he's still very hostile looking, and is not a nice person. But my cousin won't leave him, either. Blue What a sad world.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Party010

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 5:57 am

Written: June 26, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling
Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local
authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris
Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and
speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the
press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and
the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating
authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the
media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless
murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death
(asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to
Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no
current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance
in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's
independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10,
2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate
deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she
was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the
authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death
of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate
thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act
of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to
suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts,
especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence
that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological
reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive
for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:04 am

you beat me to it misti... it is sad that he killed his wife and son
then himself

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:54 am

No matter what the cause behind it - steroids or not - it's incredibly sad.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 2:57 pm

The strange thing is that he didn't do the killings one after the other. There were several hours between them...

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide HummerPro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide MistiKeeperPro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Bookclub5Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Trying to understand why these men are killing their own flesh and blood. First the man who killed his pregnant girlfriend, the man in Illinois who killed his wife and three children and now this...what is going on that they are killing their own children and spouses??? This is so disturbing.

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 4:58 pm

That is so sad! I've been watching the story on the news. I wonder what posseses people to do such horrible, unthinkable things.

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 5:00 pm

I agree, Kathy. The world seems so insane sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 5:20 pm

I wonder what this world is coming to. I wonder if it makes people think twice before getting married. Shoot if I was young and single I think I'd be afraid to get married this day and age. There are alot of crazy people out there in the world. It's getting to where no place you go is safe not even your own home. What's wrong with people these days? OhMy
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Oh man this is so sad. I really wonder what was going through his head.

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:34 am

from what i read, he killed his son cause he was retarted
his wife don't know... he placed a bible near them

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:19 pm

Misti wrote:
The strange thing is that he didn't do the killings one after the other. There were several hours between them...

That's what I thought, too.

The WWE admitted that the "death" of their commissioner, Vince McMahon, had been staged, about 2 weeks ago I believe. This past Monday was supposed to serve as a memorial to him, but then this happened for real. It's scary to think of people doing things like this. I wonder what his state of mind - steroids or not - was, to do such a thing.

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide ChristinaKeeper2 Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 pm

now you know why vince isn't CEO and linda is
he's a chairman

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 pm

There's been a bizarre twist to this story. News reports say that someone altered Chris Benoit's entry in the internet encyclopedia Wikipedia to mention the death of his wife... fourteen hours before the police discovered she'd been murdered.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:32 pm

Rob wrote:
There's been a bizarre twist to this story. News reports say that someone altered Chris Benoit's entry in the internet encyclopedia Wikipedia to mention the death of his wife... fourteen hours before the police discovered she'd been murdered.

I read that, too. This story just keeps getting stranger and stranger. I'm sure everyone has heard that apparently he was injecting his son with human growth hormone. I had heard that his son was autistic and very small for his age.

I don't know about you all, but this story gets sadder and sadder all the time.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 10:36 am

Wow... :sad5:

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Horses10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:02 pm

you can do that on wiki

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 5:48 pm

charles ingalls wrote:
you can do that on wiki
Here is a picture of Chris and his son, Daniel at a 2004 event honoring Chris.
Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Chris

Daniel Benoit suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a chromosomal defect that causes autism-like behaviors, language delays and other physical/sensory problems, afflicting 1 in 3600 males and 1 in 4-6 thousand females.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 5:55 pm

I didn't know that about his son - wow, that's terrible! There was something seriously wrong with this guy (Benoit), even before he killed his family and himself.

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide ChristinaKeeper2 Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide   Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro wrestler Benoit kills family in murder/suicide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next