Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When Calls The Heart

Go down 
+7
Amy
Carol
LIWnut
Savannah
Lori
julmer70
Davetucson
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : When Calls The Heart Bokmal10

When Calls The Heart Empty
PostSubject: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 am

Directed By Michael Landon Jr.
Executive Producer: Michael Landon Jr.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : When Calls The Heart Happy010

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:32 am

Aw man! My cable provider STILL doesn't carry The Hallmark Channel! Blue Ranting banghead 
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 am

I hope I remember to watch it.

When Calls The Heart Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
When Calls The Heart Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:27 am

Jules, if you check your local video stores (or if you use Netflix), these movies all are made available on DVD, too. We just have to wait a little longer to be able to watch them. (*insert dramatic sigh* Wink )  I'm finally caught up on the Beverly Lewis movies he's made. I enjoyed the "When" series of books from Jeanette Oke - I haven't read them since I was like 20, but I enjoyed them.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks Lisa! I'll be sure to look out for it! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:42 am

julmer70 wrote:
Aw man!  My cable provider STILL doesn't carry The Hallmark Channel!  Blue Ranting banghead 
Try it! You'll like it!

When Calls The Heart Images11

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : When Calls The Heart Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Ok, this is a Canadian West story. I don't have Hallmark in Canada so can someone let me know if the movie sticks to the books on this. I'll be looking for it at Walmart.

When Calls The Heart MarilynKeeper When Calls The Heart Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 am

Just finished watching this one. Great story, beautifully photographed. Michael Jr. did his Dad proud tonight! This will be a great series next year!!!!! Wonderful story about a school teacher in the wilderness.....Nice to see a story of this type on television. Has it all, laughter, emotion and lots of love...Well written!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Watched this last night. I loved it! Thumbsup 
I can't wait for the series.

When Calls The Heart Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : When Calls The Heart Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 pm

I miss the Hallmark channel....(we got rid of Direct TV and just run through an antenna and have Netflix, saving a ton of money).  My friend watched this show today (I guess Hallmark re-aired it) and said it was really good too.  My dad gets this channel so I may have him start recording it for me!Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 pm

I wish I had a dvd recorder so I could record it and pass it around

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:46 am

Ugh! I forgot about it.

When Calls The Heart Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Was it set in the Canadian west like the books?
Does Hallmark put their movies online after they have aired like a tv show for those who missed it or do you have to wait for the dvd? I'm thinking of getting a VPN so that I can watch movies from American internet sites that aren't available in Canada. Watching this movie and series would help me to decide.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Was it set in the Canadian west like the books?
Does Hallmark put their movies online after they have aired like a tv show for those who missed it or do you have to wait for the dvd?  I'm thinking of getting a VPN so that I can watch movies from American internet sites that aren't available in Canada.  Watching this movie and series would help me to decide.
Marilyn, it was set in Canada. They shot it in Alberta Canada and Romania. But the story is Canadian. Canadian Mounted Police and all!

Scenes

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:46 pm

I missed it but it comes back on October 27th so I will see it then. I LOVE these movies. SO glad Michael L. Jr. is so involved in making clean, movies set in this time period.
I really wish he would do movies based on the Abrams Daughters series of books by Beverly Lewis. I loved those!

When Calls The Heart Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info Dave.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Finally got a chance to watch this. I thought it was great. EVERY teacher out there needs to see this movie. I didn't remember the book well, although it is part of my Janette Oke collection.
Again, this is Michael Jr. making it shine. There is no doubt room for a sequel.

When Calls The Heart Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Gin wrote:
   Finally got a chance to watch this.  I thought it was great.   EVERY teacher out there needs to see this movie.   I didn't remember the book well, although it is part of my Janette Oke collection.
  Again, this is Michael Jr. making it shine.   There is no doubt room for a sequel.
SERIES IN 2014.................

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Gin wrote:
   Finally got a chance to watch this.  I thought it was great.   EVERY teacher out there needs to see this movie.   I didn't remember the book well, although it is part of my Janette Oke collection.
  Again, this is Michael Jr. making it shine.   There is no doubt room for a sequel.  

Ah, I'm glad to hear this. Another friend of mine is a big fan of Michael Landon, Jr.'s work, and she told me that she "HATED" this one. I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself. yes
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : When Calls The Heart Headac10

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 am

I don't think you can get the hall-mark channel in Canada.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Ok, I bought this on video over the weekend. After reading all of your reviews I began to wonder if we were watching the same movie. I fell asleep before it was over. I am now rewatching it as I type. It just started so I will post my final review afterwards. But I did not like it the first time around. I enjoyed the "Elizabeth" from the books but hated the more modern Elizabeth, the one with the stupid sister. Why can't they just stick with the story in the book, that part was great.
What is the series going to be about, the book Lizzy or the niece?

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Ok, I bought this on video over the weekend.  After reading all of your reviews I began to wonder if we were watching the same movie.  I fell asleep before it was over.  I am now rewatching it as I type.  It just started so I will post my final review afterwards.  But I did not like it the first time around.  I enjoyed the "Elizabeth" from the books but hated the more modern Elizabeth, the one with the stupid sister.  Why can't they just stick with the story in the book, that part was great.
What is the series going to be about, the book Lizzy or the niece?

Wow really Marilyn?  Well, the fact that you fell asleep is not a good sign lol  
It was probably not a good time to see it.

I really liked it.  I think the series will be based mainly on modern Elizabeth.   I'm looking forward to it  yes

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:36 pm

It turned out that I fell asleep about 5 minutes before the end.
The second time around was better, I suppose. I still liked the older Elizabeth better. There were deleted scenes on the dvd that should have been in the movie to make it make more sense. But, whatever. Mike Jr said that the tv series would be about the younger Elizabeth. We don't get the Hallmark Channel in Canada so it's not likely that I see the series anyway, that's ok.
I'm glad that you all liked it.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Well you certainly aren't alone, Marilyn. As I mentioned above, a friend of mine completely hated it and she's a HUGE fan of Michael Landon Jr.'s work. She also is a huge fan of Jeannette Oke's work, though, and was hoping for it to be . . . more true to the books, I guess, from what she said. I still haven't had a chance to see it, so I can't say for myself. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I guess maybe I liked it because I don't have in my mind any books to compare it to lol
So I really enjoyed the story and liked all the actors  greenS 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Calls The Heart   When Calls The Heart Empty

Back to top Go down

When Calls The Heart
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next