Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waltons vs LHOP plots

Go down 
+10
Rhonda
maria1
Honeybee
MissOleson
bestshowever
bethandmanly
Davetucson
jes9
Krissy
littlehouselover
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Headac10

Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:51 pm

That is cool. I liked when the kids was small. I think this is the show that just grows on you.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Ok, here's my other problem with The Waltons.
It's set in the Great Depression, (beginning years.) But in the opening, it shows John coming home bringing a radio! Who had money to be buying something like that? From all the accounts of people whose grandparents lived during the Depression, middle class was being able to eat and a roof over your head. People just didn't buy extravagant things. Poor meant you meant you warded off starvation and lived in a shanty.

The Waltons, though, have it all. Sure they had land and could raise chickens, and have a garden and a milk cow, but if they need something, "I got to buy some wire to fix the chicken coop", they just hop in the truck and get it. Not, it'll be months before we can afford to fix this or that.

I guess John Walton had a sawmill? Who had money to buy lumber? Unless he had a sweet deal with a FDR New Deal program, the mill would have gone belly up.

It is a good show though. One of the reasons I can't relate to them is there are so many of them! The kids are like a flash mob! Their personalities get lost because there's just so many of them.

The Ingalls girls though, you relate to tomboyish, feisty Laura or studious, quiet Mary. Their personalities stand out more.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 3:15 pm

They did have hard times and times when money was tough and he couldn't get paid. Most stories are based on past history and I think it's pretty accurate. They tinkered with broken items like radios and many people had radios from when they did have money. I just saw an episode where John finally pays off the mortgage and then bails out Ike Godsey who is going to lose the store by co-signing his. That must have hurt but showed the bonds they had.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Lots of Little House folks on that show.....It was never the same after Richard Thomas left.........Like Little House, it got pretty weak the last two seasons......

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Yes, I liked it more when everyone was younger. A lot of shared plots, seemed LHOP borrowed some ideas, but then again Bonanza had some too. ; )
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 pm

i used to watch christmas story with the waltons on youtube but it got deleted. banghead
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Rhonda10Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Wow, I didn't know that "The Homecoming" was available online. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Corabeth was a piece of work. Weird how she called Ike Mr.Goodsey instead of Ike. At least Corabeth wasn't nasty like Mrs.Oleson. I think Corabeth expected too much of Aimee. She wanted Aimee to have the best of things, but you can tell Aimee didn't want all those things.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Shell wrote:
Corabeth was a piece of work. Weird how she called Ike Mr.Goodsey instead of Ike. At least Corabeth wasn't nasty like Mrs.Oleson.  I think Corabeth expected too much of Aimee. She wanted Aimee to have the best of things, but you can tell Aimee didn't want all those things.

True indeed

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks for posting that Rhonda!!! I wasn't a big fan of the Waltons but I did like that episode! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:05 pm

I kind of feel like watching the waltons again.

Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24
Mood : Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 am

As a child I didn't like The Waltons and only started to watch it two years ago. My sister and my mum on the other hand loved it and they purchased all the seasons. I actually felt in love with the Show 2012 and now this show is one of my favourites. With LHOTP i know all the episodes almost word for word with Waltons it's still new because I only watched the show once. But I think both shows are great and they have similar themes. Never would I say that The Waltons are boring.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:53 pm

I was the same. I didn't like the show either when i was young(er). I used to find it boring. I didn't watch it when it was re-runs on t.v. ( The show came on before i was born ha). My mother brought the whole DVD set when it came out. So i was bored and started watch them. I really liked it now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waltons vs LHOP plots   Waltons vs LHOP plots - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waltons vs LHOP plots
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2