Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax

Go down 
+3
Savannah
Rob
Krissy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Headac10

Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Empty
PostSubject: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 am

My aunt posted this on her FB. I changed my picture & Password just to be on the save side. You never know.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/517670/20131029/giraffe-riddle-game-facebook-hack-password-answer.htm#.Um-7y51zacM
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 am

Yikes! Yikes  I changed, too.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 am

Not to worry. Changing your avatar - no matter what picture you use - won't give hackers your information. People change their avatars and upload pictures on a regular basis. It makes no difference whether you put a giraffe or a picture of yourself. (Unless you download a picture from a site that has malware.) But don't worry - changing your profile picture to a giraffe pic doesn't give hackers any personal information from your account.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 am

Yeah, I didn't read the article - and the comments - until after I'd changed my pic. Yeah, it seemed a bit farfetched to think that hackers could clean out your bank account just by accessing your Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

I think people like to rain on others fun...... scratchead 
From the article:

"However, according to a blog explaining the process of changing profile pictures, changing a profile picture to an image of a giraffe is not going to give hackers a user's password. It will also not make FB users targets for hackers.

However, users must be careful where they get the photo of the giraffe that they use. Netizens should make sure that the photo was not obtained from malicious Web sites."

Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Rhonda10Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm

I didn't play but I figured out what the right answer is right away.

Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax MarilynKeeper Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:15 pm

OhOk. Yeah I understand. I just my aunt post this. I guess i freaked for nothing.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Well, you did the right thing, Krissy. Better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:17 pm

I guess that is true.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Absolutely. yes
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Can't afford to have a crashed pc.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Sure can't.  Or a raided bank account. affraid
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Seems the correct answer is the one most are giving.... HeeHee 

Giraffe Riddle

Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Rhonda10Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Here's the riddle of the Giraffe. It's harmless game.

3:00 am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors. It's your parents and they are there for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open?

If, you get it right. You keep your profile picture. Got it wrong, you change your profile picture to a giraffe for three days. Someone, just make up the Hacker can access your account, when changing your profile picture. Probably, that person got it wrong, didn't want change their profile picture to giraffe. Someone had a cow, for nothing. I got it right. I still change my profile picture. So, I could join the giraffe people in a group, that I'm in, over at facebook. Their was a donkey riddle and a hippo riddle as well. I did the donkey riddle, got it wrong. Just look for donkey picture. Did not do the hippo riddle.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 am

Buttercup wrote:
Here's the riddle of the Giraffe. It's harmless game.

3:00 am, the doorbell rings and you wake up. Unexpected visitors. It's your parents and they are there for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open?

If, you get it right. You keep your profile picture. Got it wrong, you change your profile picture to a giraffe for three days. Someone, just make up the Hacker can access your account, when changing your profile picture. Probably, that person got it wrong, didn't want change their profile picture to giraffe. Someone had a cow, for nothing. I got it right. I still change my profile picture. So, I could join the giraffe people in a group, that I'm in, over at facebook. Their was a donkey riddle and a hippo riddle as well. I did the donkey riddle, got it wrong. Just look for donkey picture. Did not do the hippo riddle.  
Laughing All these animals! I can't keep up!Yikes  Yeah, I stayed out of this one, lol. Thanks for posting the riddle...I was kind of curious. And I really don't see how there's a 'right answer' to this, but I'm not good at riddles anyway.Whistle 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:18 pm

I give the answer to the riddle. It's the eyes. Some say, it's the door. But, actually your eyes. Since, you have to open them, to answer the door.

The giraffe pictures are dying down.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:29 pm

A lawyer friend of mine on Facebook argues that the answer SHOULD be the door, because the riddle seems to be asking what the first thing is that you'd open AFTER your parents ring the bell.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

The article I posted above gives the same argument..... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Oh, sorry, I missed that!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Some people didn't see my post in another thread as well......Do you ever feel invisible? Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax 8_1_1v

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Who said that? Is someone talking? Hello? scratchead 

Wink 
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm

................ Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax 4_9_8

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Sometimes riddle has 1 or 2 answers. That's what people get confused by.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:54 pm

True!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax   Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax Empty

Back to top Go down

Giraffe Riddle Game in Facebook a Hoax
Page 1 of 1