Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHTOP Christmas Episodes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  Bokmal10

christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  Empty
PostSubject: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 pm

How many Christmas Episodes does Little House on the Prairie have?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Actual Christmas episodes?

Christmas at Plum Creek (Season 1)
Blizzard (Season 3)
A Christmas They Never Forgot (Season 8)
Bless All the Dear Children (TV Movie)

There was, however, a Christmas scene in the pilot, where Mr. Edwards crosses the creek to bring the Ingalls girls presents while they lived in Kansas.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:33 pm

^That's all. I thought their was more.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 pm

There aren't actually a lot of episodes with snow in them; I'm guessing because it was hard and/or costly to produce them. There is one episode called Survival, which takes place when the Ingalls family is on their way back from somewhere and a blizzard comes out of nowhere. They are forced to seek shelter in an abandoned house. Charles is helped by an Indian who is being hunted by a bounty hunter.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:58 am

Yes, I always wished they had more Christmas episodes (instead of Halloween) There is a warmth with them, although the blizzard one was sad. I remember when reading the books many years ago, the Christmas barrel and the fun getting gifts from it and they had a gifts from church too if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  Headac10

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:42 am

I don't really like the Christmas movie one. I think the Christmas episode from the first season was the best one.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 am

I never cared for Bless All the Dear Children either. It's winter in Minnesota and no one is wearing coats; Almanzo has his sleeves rolled up. The arguing between Laura and Almanzo, Laura's hurtful words about Isaiah, and that over the top ending was a bit much for me.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I never cared for Bless All the Dear Children either. It's winter in Minnesota and no one is wearing coats; Almanzo has his sleeves rolled up. The arguing between Laura and Almanzo, Laura's hurtful words about Isaiah, and that over the top ending was a bit much for me.
Yeah, I think this was a very strange of them not wearing winter coats when it's winter. It didn't feel like a Christmas movie to me. Wish they would have came up with a better idea.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:09 am

A lot of people hated that one...I remember vaguely complaints about the warmth, etc. but hey that's acting, you can't always have the real feel of the time or weather, etc. : )

If they had a reunion within 15 years of the ending, I thought Xmas would have been perfect, everyone comes to one house (since town was destroyed) and catch up, hopefully most make it, some might have been "delayed" if they didn't want to do it.

I watch the first movie and Plum Creek almost every year at least once in December.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 am

Yeah! I understand that.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I like watching The Pilot movie, Christmas at Plum Creek & The Blizzard. Those are my favorite Christmas episodes on LHOTP.

Bless All Dear Children, is next. But that will be some other day to watch. Then, I'll be watching The Waltons Christmas episode. greenS 

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:39 pm

The waltons had a Christmas special? You mean that movie before the show came out?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHTOP Christmas Episodes    christmas - LHTOP Christmas Episodes  Empty

Back to top Go down

LHTOP Christmas Episodes
Page 1 of 1