Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HGTV Host Dies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : HGTV Host Dies Bokmal10

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:52 am

HGTV Host Dies Dynami10
Bill Beckwith, a carpenter and co-host of the hit HGTV home improvement show "Curb Appeal," has died after a motorcycle accident in San Francisco, the medical examiner's officer said on Tuesday.
Beckwith, 38, died at a local hospital after his motorcycle collided with another vehicle in San Francisco's Lower Haight neighborhood on Monday night, authorities said. Police said they had yet to determine the cause of the accident.
The driver of the car, who was not injured, was cooperating with police, said San Francisco police spokesman Gordon Shyy. Police did not release the driver's name.
Beckwith founded BBDesignBuild, a high-quality construction company, 12 years ago and co-hosted "Curb Appeal" for two seasons.
His father, a Maine farmer, taught him to grow vegetables, but Beckwith preferred to tend to the farm's old structures, according to a website for the show. He graduated from the University of Montana with a degree in modern dance and English, danced in New York City and studied kickboxing and acting, according to his actor's union profile.
Among his special skills Beckwith listed himself as a mountain climber, boxer, yogi and motorcyclist.
Beckwith's girlfriend, Yulia Korneeva, joined friends and relatives in writing about their loss on a Facebook page. "My love: so kind, so bright, adventurous and strong," Korneeva wrote. "I wish you could stay with us for way longer."

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : HGTV Host Dies Cloud910

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:43 pm

I heard this week that Bob Denver died too. He was Gilligan. How sad to lose all of these celebrities.

HGTV Host Dies MarilynKeeper HGTV Host Dies Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:50 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I heard this week that Bob Denver died too.  He was Gilligan.  How sad to lose all of these celebrities.
That is true, but it was eight years ago...........

The Internet is full of celebrity death hoaxes and they are nothing new as websites auto-generate some of these rumors and sometimes people are just bored and start something. Real deaths of celebrities do happen all the time as well, and sometimes the world just can't help but keep mourning them. Such is the case of Bob Denver who was having his passing mourned across social media sites on Dec. 3, 2013.

The only problem is that Bob Denver, of "Gilligan's Island" fame, died eight years ago.

Yes, people were jumping on Twitter and using hashtags such as #BobnDenverDies and #RIPGilligan. On Facebook, users were posting articles advising of Denver's death and saying how it was such a sad story for him to die right before Christmas.

Oddly enough, those articles were from when he died on Sept. 2, 2005, but no-one seemed to noticed that fact.

Some people truly believe in the "Rule of Three" stating that bad things always come in triplicate. They related to recent celebrity deaths and said the triangle was complete when Brian Griffin died, then Paul Walker, and now Bob Denver.

On Dec. 3, 2013, a lot of people are sad that a little part of their childhood went away when Bob Denver died. They just don't realize that it actually happened a full eight years ago.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : HGTV Host Dies Cloud910

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Wow, that's weird.

HGTV Host Dies MarilynKeeper HGTV Host Dies Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : HGTV Host Dies Love-s10

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Yeah, as soon as I read Marilyn's post  I thought, "wait, didn't he die a long time ago?" scratchead  Crazy how things get brought back up on the internet.

So sad about this guy from Curb Appeal.  I don't recognize him...I used to watch this show back when I got the channel, and I don't remember him from it, so I guess he was brought in later...I see he hosted for two seasons.  I'm sure it's going to be so hard for the crew to go on without him. No Sad.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 pm

I didn't know about this co-host, either. I haven't watched the show in a long time, so I didn't recognize the name at first. How very sad.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

HGTV Host Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: HGTV Host Dies   HGTV Host Dies Empty

Back to top Go down

HGTV Host Dies
Page 1 of 1