Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ice Storm in Ontario

Go down 
+4
bethandmanly
Savannah
Krissy
LIWnut
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Cloud910

Ice Storm in Ontario Empty
PostSubject: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

As some of you may have heard, we in Ontario have had a major ice storm in the Toronto area.  It hit last Saturday and for some the power has not been turned on yet.  People are suffering.  The following is a post that I posted in another thread:

Guys, I need you to pray for my pastor and his family. They have been without power since Saturday. Church was cancelled on Sunday and tomorrow's Christmas Day service has already been cancelled. The pastor lives in the parsonage right next door to the church. There are 8 people in that house right now who are suffering. My pastor messaged me yesterday saying that he is getting tired. This dear family is from Portugal, this is only the second snowy Canadian Christmas that they have experienced and so they are feeling the cold much more than we would who have been in these conditions all our lives. Also with them in the house is a couple from Brazil who have just immigrated here and only arrived on Dec 14th! They really must be miserably cold!! I can't even imagine.
I know that our church family have been taking care of our dear pastor and his family over this past week but really, we need their power to come back on so they can thaw out, get warm and get some rest. I feel so sorry for them.
Our family is scheduled to have our annual family Christmas on Dec 26th in the church but right now just thinking about that seems selfish to me. Yes, I would be disappointed if we have to cancel it too but that is no sacrifice compared to what my dear friends have sacrificed.
Please pray and thank you.

Ice Storm in Ontario MarilynKeeper Ice Storm in Ontario Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:24 pm

I really do hope they get there power back on soon. Like I said I totally understand how they are feeling.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Ice Storm in Ontario Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Prayers are going out for those affected by the ice storm in Ontario.  Blue  And prayers are needed for those here in Michigan as well. We were hit with that same ice storm, and thousands are still without utilities - including our own Amy. Here in my town there are still hundreds without power, and they aren't expected to have it back until at least Friday. Poor souls. I've been praying a lot - we lost power for only 12 hours, and that was bad enough. We're still encased in ice, and have been warned that further outages are not out of the question.  Yikes  We had to cancel our church service Sunday - and the kids had worked so hard on their Christmas program. . . but there was just no way. There was no power anywhere in town, and the roads were incredibly dangerous. They still aren't all that great!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Praying for everyone impacted by the storm, especially your pastor, his family, and this couple who has just arrived in the country. Mother Nature sure can causes some major headaches.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Prayers going out, Marilyn.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 2:17 am

praying for the people in Ontario.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Oh my. I hadn't realized your area has been affected too, Marilyn! I'll be praying as well.

As you know, we just got ours back a short time ago. I will certainly never take it for granted again! Blue 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Either will I. I used to get pissed of my internet wasn't working. Having no heat or being able to cook dinner is worse.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh my.   I hadn't realized your area has been affected too, Marilyn!  I'll be praying as well.

As you know, we just got ours back a short time ago.  I will certainly never take it for granted again! Blue 

Amy, the power at my house didn't even flicker but people in my area did have quite a problem.  The power was out across the street from where I work and beyond and so everyone was in buying coffee from us.  The line in the coffee shop was at least an hour long.  I wouldn't have stood that long in line but they did.
There are still people in the city of Toronto who still have no power, 6 days later.  There is no information as to when it will be back on fully for everyone.  The weather forecast is calling for some very windy nights and they are worried that there will be, and have already been, new outages as a result.  They are calling for the coldest day to happen next Monday and I really hope that it all gets turned on by then.

Thanks for your continued prayers.  Church for Sunday was iffy too up until today.  We needed a furnace repairman to come and turn on the boilers.  I'm excited, can't wait to see my church family again.

Ice Storm in Ontario MarilynKeeper Ice Storm in Ontario Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm glad I don't live in Toronto. Don't think I could go 6 days with no power. The power in my city went out for 3 hours yesterday.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Ice Storm in Ontario Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Wow Marilyn, it sounds like your area got hit really hard too, and you dodged a bullet! There are still so many people here without power...it's getting better, but thousands are still out. Michigan really took a beating. I am so relieved to have it back, but feel so sorry for those who are still going without. No 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:57 pm

I think everyone got power back up finally. But this been one of the worst winters/

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Our power didn't go out. Thank the Lord. Praying for the people who has power out, that the power be turn back on soon.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 pm

That's good.

Back to top Go down
Muriel88
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Muriel88

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Our prayers are going to these families and all those affected by the bad weather at present.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Storm in Ontario   Ice Storm in Ontario Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice Storm in Ontario
Page 1 of 1