Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Margot' by Jillian Cantor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : 'Margot' by Jillian Cantor Bokmal10

'Margot' by Jillian Cantor Empty
PostSubject: 'Margot' by Jillian Cantor   'Margot' by Jillian Cantor EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Right now I am reading Margot by Jillian Cantor. It is a novel about Margot Frank, sister of Anne Frank, whose diary I first read while in middle school The novel is about what Margot's (or Margie Franklin, as her character is called) life might have been like if she had escaped after being captured, instead of being sent to a concentration camp. The year that Margot takes place in is 1959, the same year that the first book based off of Anne's diary was made. Margie's character is still haunted by memories of the war and of her sister, and is trying to adjust to her life in America.

Even though this book is fiction, it is still very realistic. It debates a lot of things that were written in Anne Frank's diary because, after all, Margot is about the older sister that is not often thought of. It is also told from Margie's point of view. It is an interesting book because it makes me think about a lot of things that Margie's character writes about, such as, why was it Anne's diary that was published and not Margot's? That is a question that Margie asks often in the book. I think it is a good book, and I reccomend it to anyone who has read The Diary of Anne Frank, is interested in history, or is looking for something new to read!
Back to top Go down

'Margot' by Jillian Cantor
Page 1 of 1