Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Happy010

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Empty
PostSubject: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:48 pm

FROM PRAIRIEFANS.COM

Lionsgate Films is set to release the Blu-ray edition of the first season (1974-75) of "Little House" on March 25, 2014 for the 40th anniversary of the series. Special features are unknown at this time. Will the series be un-cut? Again, Unknown. I was told from a source they will be un-cut. We were also told the special features will be the same as previous DVD editions however the theme song has been added to each episode and the pilot is included. When we have more solid information we will share with everyone ASAP.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  1554435_10152095130850546_1897310963_n

What do you guys think about this???
Will you be buying it?
I think the only way I will buy it is if it is done in Widescreen... but I am not sure how the original series was filmed... does anyone know?
If it is Widscreen format and uncut, I'll be the first in line to buy this!  Laughing

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Horses10

Last edited by Carol on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:23 am

Hi Carol!
The original film is 35 MM, so I doubt that it will be wide screen. But with today's technology, you never know. I wouldn't get my hopes up about not being uncut. If by some miracle, it is uncut, I would purchase the whole 9 seasons. There are some great scenes cut out of many of the existing DVD's.

I've had the full set of DVD's for a couple of years. I don't know what they are talking about with the theme song. There are beginning and ending credits with the theme song on every one of my episodes.

Would I buy it? YES.......believe it or not, I've never bought the pilot, so I think having it in
re-mastered Blu-ray would be cool........

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:29 am

UK versions are completely uncut so I don't think I'll be going to the extra expense of Blu-ray. So many scenes have been cut from the US releases.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 am

You are so lucky Maureen!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 am

No I won't be buying it . I already have the whole set on DVD. I don't have a Blu-ray player to start. I don't really see the point of re buying it.

Last edited by sweetkrissy2011 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:05 pm

It will be tempting if they are uncut.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:07 pm

I wonder what the price will be/?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Muriel88
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Muriel88

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

I was quite bemused when I saw this advertised online.

I **might** buy Season 1 just to satisfy my own curiosity, but to be honest, the only way they'll produce a higher quality product is if the original 35mm film is scanned.

If the film is scanned, then great - I applaud all involved, but it won't be a cheap (or quick) exercise.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 pm

I think the die heart fans will buy this.

Yeah wouldn't hurt to buy season one. Then you could review it for us. Or anyone who buy's it.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Davetucson wrote:
You are so lucky Maureen!

I agree!!

By the way, Dave, have you seen the price for 'just' the Pilot episode?! I haven't looked recently, but I was noticing on Christianbook.com that it was around $50.00!! OhMy  I'm glad I already have it!

Oh sure, now they come out with Bluray, after ALL these years of my waiting to buy more seasons, only to get 5 new seasons for Christmas!! Yikes   I guess it's safe to say I won't be buying this....my hubby would NEVER understand that. Huh? 

I'm with you, Krissy---I hope someone here does buy season 1 so we can hear an honest review!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:06 pm

I'm buying it when it comes out, and you guys will be the first to hear a review. If the quality is that much better, I'll post some screencaps! Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
I have pre ordered it for 20 bucks from Wal Mart

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:15 pm

I don't know if I would buy it. I have the entire collection on DVD (including the pilot and last 3 films). I can't really see spending money on the blu-ray. Not right now, at least.

I haven't looked at any of the DVD's in quite awhile. Something was cut off of the episodes. I don't recall now whether it was the opening or ending credits. Meaning, it was on the first episode of each DVD (that is why I am thinking it was the opening) and not on the other 3 episodes (I think that is how many it is per DVD). I watched the collection as straight through as I possibly could and I haven't watched them since then. I haven't had the time, really.  Blue So I don't really remember what it was exactly.

Now, I have the separate sets. Does anyone have those AND that one set that was in a box of a covered wagon? Didn't that complete set have different interviews on them (along with the ones that were included on the separate sets)?

I have a blu-ray player. I don't have that many of them to watch, though. There is a silent movie that I really love called "The Big Parade". They FINALLY released it on DVD. They have also released it on blu-ray (that is actually the way it had been advertised for sale - I discovered the DVD release later). So, I looked into the two to see which is better. Of course, the blu-ray is more expensive than the DVD. But, from what I can tell, the two have the same things on both. So, truthfully, when I get the money for it, I am not going to buy the blu-ray of it. I am just going to buy the DVD. And if these LH blu-rays are just the same as the DVD's, then I don't know if I'd spend the money.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Yeah, I've only watched my DVDs maybe 3 time since I've had them. I've spend about $ 50 bucks or less a peace for them. I don't feel like dishing out that kind of money again. I'd Rather spend the money on RTA HQ DVDS.

Maybe if they were sale real cheap.

But I mean if I didn't have them on DVD already then maybe I would buy them.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Cool I look forward to reading your review

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 am

Davetucson wrote:
I'm buying it when it comes out, and you guys will be the first to hear a review. If the quality is that much better, I'll post some screencaps! Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
I have pre ordered it for 20 bucks from Wal Mart

Okay, if the price is $20 bucks for an entire season AND pilot in Blu Ray... it sure makes you wonder if it will have the uncut scenes of if it is widescreen format.. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if that was the case with that price.

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Today on the www.tvshowsondvd.com it was announce about season 1 going to Blu Ray I will buy it and see if it's uncut. They say they are but I want to see for my self. It's by LionsGate I don't know if you can send a email or not if they can confirm it or not. I think I know what someone was talking about when it came out on DVDs years ago the first 2 seasons didn't have the opening intro or who was the guest stars. I think people complain and they added season 3 onward with all the intro openings. I just hope it's uncut as it original aired on TV I would be so happy if it's true. Crossing my fingers!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:12 am

Fourteen Hours Ago! Uncut!
Little House on the Prairie - Blu-ray Discs, DVDs Scheduled for 'Season 1: Collector's Edition'
New remastered release contains the original pilot telefilm and more!
Posted by David Lambert
1/15/2014

For the first time since their original TV broadcast, all 24 season one episodes are now presented complete and uncut, newly restored and remastered for optimal picture and sound quality! Plus, you'll discover where the "Little House on the Prairie" TV legend began: with the original, full-length pilot movie that introduced the Ingalls family to millions of viewers around the world! Relive all the heartwarming adventures from season one - from the arrival of Charles Ingalls and his family in Walnut Grove, through the building of a new home and friendships, to battling for their lives against a vicious blizzard - in this ultimate collectible for "Little House on the Prairie" fans!Whispers have come our way from unofficial sources during the past week or two, but now we've finally seen the official, formal word sent to retailers today by distributor Lionsgate Entertainment: on March 25th we will get DVD ($29.98 SRP on 6 discs) AND HIGH-DEF BLU-RAY DISC ($38.99 SRP on 5 discs) releases of Little House on the Prairie - Season 1: Collector's Edition!!!

As the studio description quoted above explains, this title will include the original pilot telefilm which began it all. Extras also include the Original Screen Tests Featuring Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert, as well as a 40th Anniversary Documentary: "The 'Little House' Phenomenon, Part One - A Place in Television History." Both versions are also closed captioned and include subtitles in English (both formats), Spanish (both), French (DVD only) and Farsi (Blu-ray only).

The DVD version has an English 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack, and the Blu-ray sports an English soundtrack in 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio. Both versions will even come with the option to get UtraViolet digital downloads of the episodes! Packaging isn't available yet, but stay tuned. In the meantime, you can pre-order these from Amazon.com right away (both listings are marked "DVD," but the higher-priced one erroneously marked that way is actually the Blu version!).

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-Season-1-Collectors-Edition/19359#ixzz2qZg8luak

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 am

And there is a scene that someone posted on YouTube from Lord is my Shepherd that was cut from all regions from across the world and if that scene is in it that it will be the uncut version. Can't wait to find our if it's true.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm

This is good news  grinsmiley 

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Do you have the link for the YouTube video that was just mentioned?

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:20 pm

My DVDS have the intro full on all Seasons.

Wow! Sounds nice. But they wouldn't play in my player.

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 pm

https://youtu.be/4XOriXTLmWE. It's in French. The person said that there is no other release of this scene. He recorded this a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Chris, that link sasy, 404 NOT FOUND

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Type in YouTube Lost images Lord is my shepherd it's by Eric Caron
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Here's another scene that never made it! grinsmiley 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 1 of 31Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next