Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31
AuthorMessage
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:01 pm

reneerose wrote:
I just realized the remastered box set doesn't have the Thanksgiving special movie? I thought there was one movie where Adam and Mary visited again during Thanksgiving....I think it was one of  those retrospective clip/flashback type of specials...I guess these are not on the remastered box set?  I'm just discovering/remembering stuff watching through the sets...

The Little House Years is the name of a three hour Thanksgiving special from season six and it was mostly flashbacks from previous seasons with Laura telling Albert about their life before Albert came to live with them. It has never been released on home video and can only be seen in reruns on TV. Adam and Mary came to visit again during season 8 in A Christmas They Never Forgot which had a flashback from the pilot movie and newly filmed clips from Caroline, Almanzo, and Hester Sue's childhoods.

Carol wrote:
Do Seasons 7, 8 & 9 Blu Ray versions have also codes to STREAM EPISODES ONLINE?

Seasons 7, 8 & 9 almost weren't released on Blu-ray, but due to fan outrage they decided to keep costs down as much as possible and only sell them on Amazon. They don't have digital codes which I'm guessing is somehow one of the cost cutting moves along with having no slipcovers and having generic menus instead of the motion ones like the first six seasons.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 am

Good News.....Just got my Season 9 Blu-ray in the mail yesterday afternoon (4-20-16) !  It came about five days earlier than the earliest Amazon had originally estimated.   Bitter sweet though.  Looking forward to playing the 1st disc.  But it's agonizing at the same, that I'm going to play each episode to the final journey of the series.  Maybe someday, they'll create a pill that will allow you to forget select portions of your memory. That way you could say, " Little House on the Prairie... hmmm....that sounds like a good wholesome show to watch !   hehehe
OhMy
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Toby wrote:
reneerose wrote:
I just realized the remastered box set doesn't have the Thanksgiving special movie? I thought there was one movie where Adam and Mary visited again during Thanksgiving....I think it was one of  those retrospective clip/flashback type of specials...I guess these are not on the remastered box set?  I'm just discovering/remembering stuff watching through the sets...

The Little House Years is the name of a three hour Thanksgiving special from season six and it was mostly flashbacks from previous seasons with Laura telling Albert about their life before Albert came to live with them.  It has never been released on home video and can only be seen in reruns on TV.  Adam and Mary came to visit again during season 8 in A Christmas They Never Forgot which had a flashback from the pilot movie and newly filmed clips from Caroline, Almanzo, and Hester Sue's childhoods.  

Carol wrote:
Do Seasons 7, 8 & 9 Blu Ray versions have also codes to STREAM EPISODES ONLINE?

Seasons 7, 8 & 9 almost weren't released on Blu-ray, but due to fan outrage they decided to keep costs down as much as possible and only sell them on Amazon.  They don't have digital codes which I'm guessing is somehow one of the cost cutting moves along with having no slipcovers and having generic menus instead of the motion ones like the first six seasons.  

That's sad that Lionsgate is not consistent with all of the Blu Rays...would think they would at least do Seasons 7 and 8 with a digital copy

Back to top Go down
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 Pbucket

PostSubject: Season 9 Out on DVD   boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Little House on the Prairie, season #9 has been released this past Tuesday.

No, I didn't purchase it because, I don't want to discuss my DVD smashing stories.

I like seasons 1-8

Back to top Go down
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 2:32 am

CarrieandCassandraFan wrote:
Little House on the Prairie, season #9 has been released this past Tuesday.

No, I didn't purchase it because, I don't want to discuss my DVD smashing stories.

I like seasons 1-8

Ahhh...come on ! I would love to hear the DvD smashing stories. I tell you what....I think it would be kinda therapeutic. But, and this is very important....while you are expressing your stories.....make sure you are getting the frustration out, by using a potato masher and whip up some mash potatoes. Just think, dinner could be on it's way too ! But, I hope that you gave in....and decided to go ahead and by the Blu-ray Season 9.....that way you could use the discs as putty knifes and fill in the cracks in the wall with mash potatoes.....from the DvD incident.
banghead
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 pm

I was watching "I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away" on the remastered recent DVD set and I swear I think some scenes are still missing from that.  I remember actually watching the 2 parter when it aired originally on TV and I think there may have been a few more scenes where in Part 2, Adam shows Mary how to walk alongside walls and also unpack her bag.  Those were really little scenes. And later in the episode he tells her "Remember I told you, you could see with your hands? Well, now you can learn to read with them...." That alluded to an earlier scene where he was teaching Mary to see with her hands and I could have sworn when it was originally broadcast that there was an additional scene where he was teaching Mary to see with her hands using a sculpture that was in the blind school drawing room. I don't think my memory is faulty....in those days NBC would air 90 minute episodes sometimes in the 2nd half of a two parter.......and may be this could have been one that had been trimmed for the DVDs AND for syndication.....

Are there possibly more deleted scenes on any other releases?

Last edited by reneerose on Tue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:34 pm

I watched Growin' Pains today and never noticed any scenes that could be missing. Right now, I'm watching Dark Sage. I wish they would have had Dr. Ladoeux stay.
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 6:35 pm

I'm just about done with all the Little House now on Blu Ray just need to see Bless All the Dear Children and The Last Farewell. I didn't see any missing scenes in season 8 that I recall. There was one in part 1 of Times of Changing part 1 when Almanzo was changing the diaper on Rose and Laura comes home saying it waa so hard not being a teacher anymore. The other one that I don't recall is A Child With No Name when Laura was at Dr. Baker's office asking him about her son she was worried about his health. And brougbt up losing her brother from Lord is my Shepherd.

I can't believe it be 25 years ago on July 1st that Michael Landon passed away. Makes me feel so old now. Seems like yesterday to me.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 7:39 pm

I found only one missing scene in Season 8. He Was Only Twelve......Charles consoling Albert about James being shot.....

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 2:57 pm

I finally got season 9. I was in Target and just happened to see it and I didn't know they had it. I thought, awesome, now I have the whole series on the remastered version. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 am

I finally got around to ordering the 3 movies. I should have it by the weekend. Happy that I have all 9 seasons and will complete my set by having the movies even though 2 came with season 8 and one with season 9. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm

I got the final movies in the mail today. I will watch them after I finish season 9. I am still in season 8. I watched No Beast So Fierce yesterday. I only watching Look Back to Yesterday and the Final Farewell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    boys - DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 31 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31