HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2749

PostSubject: Work   Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:02 pm

I remember a few months ago when I was just starting out my internship, I really didn't like it. I've gotten through the last several months having mixed feelings I guess - I definitely don't love it, but I can tolerate it now, since I have more knowledge of what's going on.

I completed my hours at the end of last week, and my boss told me I can "stay if I want". Not very receptive, but, well, it's something, LOL. I didn't know whether or not I'd be offered a position after the hours were up, but I think that staying here will help me increase my chances of finding an even better job after I graduate next year (experience and such). But this means that since there is another intern who was offered the chance to stay as well, that I will be working there several days a week, and will have to keep up doing several other days/nights in the clothing store I've been picking hours up in. I liked the idea of having a job where I just worked there all week, but, I feel that taking this might bring better opportunities along.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just having some mixed feelings on this. Huh?

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19953
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Work   Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Things will all work out for the best Christina, just keep your ears opened for when opportunity knocks......... grinsmiley

CANCER FREE!!! †April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Work   Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:50 pm

I think it would definately help you in the long run if you stayed. I think the reason I didn't get the pharm tech job at the other place was because I haven't even been doing it for a year yet. So I say go for it and much luck to you. :)
Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Work   Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:40 pm

{{{Christina}}} Do what you believe is best for you. Find some time when you've had enough rest, and can have a few moments of quiet and prayer. You'll know what to do. You'll have my prayers, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work   Today at 8:40 am

Back to top Go down

Work
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1