Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood :  Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe Purple2

Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe Empty
PostSubject: Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe    Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe Slow-Cooker-Balsamic-Pot-Roast-700x1050

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe

Ingredients:
1 (3-4 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound baby carrots
3 stalks celery, chopped into large pieces
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup tomato juice
1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
2 bay leaves
3 tablespoons corn starch
3 tablespoons cold water

Directions:
In a large saucepan heated to medium-high, heat olive oil. Place roast in pan and sear on all sides. Remove from saucepan and place in a slow cooker sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (I used a 6 quart slow cooker).
Cover roast with carrots, onions, and celery. In a bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, tomato juice, beef broth, garlic, thyme, and sage. Pour over the roast. Place 2 bay leaves on top and cover with lid. Cook on low for at least 9-10 hours (you can cook it on high for 6-7 hours, but I highly recommend the low and slow method!).
When done cooking, remove roast and vegetables and keep warm. Skim the fat off the liquid and pour liquid into a saucepan. In a small bowl, mix together the corn starch and cold water; pour into the saucepan and mix well. Place saucepan on stove top and heat over medium high heat until it starts to boil. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Serve gravy with pot roast and vegetables.

Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe Rhonda10 Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe
Page 1 of 1