Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Purple2

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Empty
PostSubject: Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza   Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza 2b40cd4bcd98926fdf82acfc80bd391b

Ingredients:

1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust
1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons your favorite BBQ sauce
1 cup cooked, sliced chicken breast (about one 8-ounce breast)
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese*
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro, for topping

Directions:

Prepare the pizza dough through step 11, including preheating the oven to 475F as described in step 8.

Toss 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce with the cooked, chopped chicken to coat it. Set aside.

After waiting 15 minutes as described in step 11, top the crust with the BBQ sauce. Add more or less BBQ sauce depending on your taste. Then layer on the shredded mozzarella, then the BBQ-coated chicken, shredded Gouda, then the onion slices. Bake for 14-16 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That's optional.

Top hot pizza with fresh cilantro. Slice pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.

*If you do not have smoked Gouda, replace with the same amount of shredded mozzarella. You may leave out the onion and/or cilantro if you do not prefer them.

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Rhonda10Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1