Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions about colorizing pictures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Questions about colorizing pictures Indiff10

Questions about colorizing pictures Empty
PostSubject: Questions about colorizing pictures   Questions about colorizing pictures EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:29 pm

It seems like I may have seen some on here along time ago.  I am just not sure.  

Anyway, have any of you done it?  I want to do it desperately.  Whenever I see some older photos of historical figures, I love the way it looks (when it is done well).  I like to think it humanizes a person.  It makes them more "real".

Well, in case anyone is wondering   Smile  , that is my great-grandmother in the avatar.  I just think she looks so cute in the picture.    Smile   Anyway, I have a few photos of family members that I'd like to colorize.  Whenever I look up on how to do it, I can only find links about photoshop.  I have never used it.  I don't really want to spend money on something that I am not going to use for a long period of time.  At least I don't want to spend a lot of money on something like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this?  If you think photoshop is the best, no matter what, OK.  But I really want to give colorizing family photos a try.  Just for the fun of it, if nothing else.    Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Questions about colorizing pictures Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Questions about colorizing pictures   Questions about colorizing pictures EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 pm

You might send a PM to Julia a/k/a MissYoungClassic and ask her. She has done many pictures. Click on link to view her colorizing.

Photo Edits

Questions about colorizing pictures Rhonda10Questions about colorizing pictures Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Questions about colorizing pictures Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Questions about colorizing pictures   Questions about colorizing pictures EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Thanks.  I thought she was the one whose colorized pictures were the ones I saw on here, but I wasn't 100% positive.   Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about colorizing pictures   Questions about colorizing pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about colorizing pictures
Page 1 of 1