Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ann B. Davis dies

Go down 
+8
Kristina
littlehouselover
bethandmanly
julmer70
Krissy
Shell
LIWnut
Rob
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Goodsi10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Ann B. Davis, who played Alice on The Brady Bunch, died today as a result of a fall in her home. She was 88.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Cloud910

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Ann B. Davis dies MarilynKeeper Ann B. Davis dies Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:26 pm

I love this quote from the link above.
“I’m convinced we all have a God-shaped space in us, and until we fill that space with God, we’ll never know what it is to be whole,”
Ann B. Davis

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Purple2

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:46 pm

RIP I like her on The Brady Bunch. Sad to hear about Ann's passing. Rest In Peace, Ann.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Headac10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:52 pm

She was great in that show

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Happy010

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 pm

First Reuben Kincaid, now Alice. Goodbye Ann B...you will be missed!   RIP 
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Bokmal10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:06 am

I was shocked to hear of this. What a tremendous loss.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 am

Some comments from co-stars and others:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ann-b-davis-dead-brady-708550

She was one of those actress's that was always more talented than given credit for...2 Emmy's though!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Bokmal10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 am

RIP Ann. SHe was one of my favorite parts of the Brady Bunch.

I watched an interview on the Today show this morning with Barry Williams, and he was remembering Ann and talking about how much fun it was to work with her in a television series. Ann will be greatly missed.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Love-s10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 am

LIWnut wrote:
I love this quote from the link above.
“I’m convinced we all have a God-shaped space in us, and until we fill that space with God, we’ll never know what it is to be whole,”
Ann B. Davis

That is so beautiful. And so true.

littlehouselover wrote:
Some comments from co-stars and others:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ann-b-davis-dead-brady-708550

She was one of those actress's that was always more talented than given credit for...2 Emmy's though!

Thank you for sharing that. I love what Marlee Matlin said! HeeHee 

I know 'Alice' was a comic character, but the scenes I loved the most with her were her sensitive scenes---she delivered some beautiful moments, sometimes the main source of comfort to 'the kids'. She really was a lovely actress. Sounds like a lovely person in 'real life' too, who lived her life 'well'.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Purple2

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:30 am

Blue  Such a tragic loss....heard she fell and hit her head, while in her bathroom. She was a great actress and one of my favorites on The Brady Bunch....she was always there for the kids.....ALWAYS! She will be missed.....

Ann B. Davis dies Rhonda10Ann B. Davis dies Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 am

Just found out that she was a day younger than my dad.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Ann B. Davis dies Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Happy010

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Aw, that's sad news. But what a legacy she left behind! She was SO memorable as Alice.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Rhonda wrote:
 Blue  Such a tragic loss....heard she fell and hit her head, while in her bathroom.  She was a great actress and one of my favorites on The Brady Bunch....she was always there for the kids.....ALWAYS!  She will be missed.....

That just doesn't seem fair!! No  I was reading that Florence Henderson talked to her a few months ago and she was doing great at the time. It makes you wonder how many years she may have had left, had this not happened. Blue 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:20 am

I LOVED the Brady Bunch as a very young kid. My Dad even recorded the theme song for me so I could listen to it whenever I wanted to.

Funny story: I was about 4 yrs old. We lived in a small town called Star City, Ar. My Dad was minister at a very small church there. One day my mom said she had a lot of house work to do.( Meaning, for me to go play and stay out of the way.) She was knee deep in laundry and working on that when I heard her scream. Running into the kitchen I saw that she was trying to put out a grease fire. She ran out the back door with the skillet ( which she has learned since, you are never supposed to do. Putting it out with baking soda is the way to do that.) and came back in with a smoky looking face. Mom sat down at the dining table to catch her breath. I looked at her and asked: " Can we get Alice to come to our house?" Mom knew who I was talking about. She grinned and said " GO FIND HER PLEASE!"
That has always been a joke when there is a lot to do.

Ann was such a sweet actress and yes, her tender moments , not just her funny ones meant so much. She will always make me smile.

Ann B. Davis dies Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 am

Gin wrote:
Funny story:   I was about 4 yrs old.  We lived in a small town called Star City, Ar.  My Dad was minister at a very small church there.   One day my mom said she had a lot of house work to do.( Meaning, for me to go play and stay out of the way.)   She was knee deep in laundry and working on that when I heard her scream.  Running into the kitchen I saw that she was trying to put out a grease fire.   She ran out the back door with the skillet ( which she has learned since, you are never supposed to do.  Putting it out with baking soda is the way to do that.)  and came back in with a smoky looking face.    Mom sat down at the dining table to catch her breath.   I looked at her and asked:  " Can we get Alice to come to our house?"   Mom knew who I was talking about.  She grinned and said " GO FIND HER PLEASE!"    
   That has always been a joke when there is a lot to do. 

Love that! Laughing  Yes, I think we've all had those moments where we could have used an 'Alice' in our lives!! HeeHee 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Goodsi10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 am

I could have used a Marcia.  Whistle
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:02 am

Panning.... ROTFL 

Ann B. Davis dies Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Ann B. Davis dies Headac10

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Smile Yes! A house keeper who cares!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ann B. Davis dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ann B. Davis dies   Ann B. Davis dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Ann B. Davis dies
Page 1 of 1