Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mom's, I need your advice!

Go down 
+2
Rob
Debbie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Mom's, I need your advice!  Xmassm4

Mom's, I need your advice!  Empty
PostSubject: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:03 pm

How in the world do I put weight on my baby?  She is almost 6 months old now and seems to be stuck at 13 pounds..  She is so active..  I feel that she is burning off her calories as soon as she gets them in her.  She is reaching all of her milestones, so I am not too concerned about her.  I just want her to gain some weight.  Thanks!   Smile 

Mom's, I need your advice!  Photo

Last edited by Debbie on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:04 pm

I added a picture, but I all I see is a little blue box...   scratchead

Last edited by Debbie on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Mom's, I need your advice!  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Just seeing the blue box, too, Debbie.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : Mom's, I need your advice!  Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:15 pm

If you and your husband are small (petite), she is going to be that way as well.   Are you breast feeding or using formula?  Is she now on her cereal?  I would make sure she is getting the amount of cereal needed and formula (breast milk) and not worry about it.  If she is healthy and meeting all her goals, she will be fine.  Once they start being mobile, they do burn up their calories.   Her weight will start to catch up to where it needs to be.  I wouldn't worry too much about it....if you start feeding her and feeding her to help her gain, it will soon become a habit and you will be trying to put her on a diet later on...... Thumbsup

I copied the image url for you....What a cutie!!! And she looks VERY healthy to me!
  Love 

Mom's, I need your advice!  10334347_1413764188908565_5704623587721781802_n

Mom's, I need your advice!  Rhonda10Mom's, I need your advice!  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 pm

What a little beauty!  loveheart 
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 pm

I meant to say, I CAN'T believe Keira is already 6 months old!  OhMy 

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Thanks Rhonda & Rob! Rhonda, neither my husband or I are petite. I am 5'7 and my husband is 6'. She is in the 50th percentile for her height which is average, but only in the 5th percentile for weight. I do breast feed her and we have started to introduce rice cereal, carrots, bananas & peas so far. We also bought some formula to try her on in hopes of putting some extra weight on her. We have only tried the formula twice so far and she HATES it! I just worry when I visit some of these baby forums and see other babies her age that weigh 16-20 pounds or more.. I was a skinny kid growing up so maybe she is taking after me in that respect. Being a first time mom, I guess I just tend to worry about things too much.. I'm trying to get better though.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I meant to say, I CAN'T believe Keira is already 6 months old!  OhMy 

I know! She will be 6 months on the 10th. Time sure is flying!  cryB 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Debbie wrote:
Being a first time mom, I guess I just tend to worry about things too much.. I'm trying to get better though.  Mom's, I need your advice!  811339

That's a sign of a good mom.  yes 
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Debbie wrote:
Thanks Rhonda & Rob!  Rhonda, neither my husband or I are petite.  I am 5'7 and my husband is 6'.  She is in the 50th percentile for her height which is average, but only in the 5th percentile for weight.  I do breast feed her and we have started to introduce rice cereal, carrots, bananas & peas so far.  We also bought some formula to try her on in hopes of putting some extra weight on her.  We have only tried the formula twice so far and she HATES it!  I just worry when I visit some of these baby forums and see other babies her age that weigh 16-20 pounds or more..  I was a skinny kid growing up so maybe she is taking after me in that respect.  Being a first time mom, I guess I just tend to worry about things too much..  I'm trying to get better though.  Smile 

If she does not like the formula, don't make it for her....she gets better from you.....If you were a skinny kid, I wouldn't worry about it.  These days, people that are 30+ pounds or more overweight, call themselves average.  I guess with all the obese people out there, they are average, but it is not healthy.  I would only begin to worry if she wasn't eating and not active, but from what you have said, she eats well and is active.  Just sit back and relax, she will gain her weight in time.  Enjoy her, the time goes by very fast!!!  Love

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 am

I agree with Rhonda. If she's eating and meeting milestones, you have nothing to worry about. She looks great in the picture.

Mom's, I need your advice!  Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Mom's, I need your advice!  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 pm

I concur. Each baby is different, and unless the doctor expresses some serious concerns, she might just be on the slimmer side. Our youngest was my largest and longest baby. She started out at the 25th percentile in weight, but by the time she was a year old she was in the 9th or 10th percentile and pretty much has stayed there. I weighed only 82 pounds when I got pregnant for her, so you can guess who she takes after.

Your little one is adorable. Thanks for sharing that photo. It made my day.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Mom's, I need your advice!  Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 pm

She is a sweet thing.  

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mom's, I need your advice!    Mom's, I need your advice!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mom's, I need your advice!
Page 1 of 1