Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Reincarnation of Nellie

Go down 
+23
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
alexczarn
Harrietfan
Honeybee
easyt72000
amyk
Krissy
Cetacea
david
Robinsgirl
Gin
emilyanneoftheprairie
Kristina
bethandmanly
Teresa
Savannah
jes9
HarrisonCrosby4387
Vanesa
RoseRed
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Bokmal10

nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Nancy made the show more instersting,

I agree. Nancy was not a copy of Nellie. She was a psychotic character, not only the spoiled brat of a new rich family . I liked her character very much. Of course she had not "nice" sides as Nellie did, but these kind of people exist, they are NOT fictional at all. Most of the children are not like Nancy , but some of them sadly are...

What a pity we cannot see her in her teen years, as we could appreciate Nellie... scared Maybe a new Percival could make a change in her... HeeHee

Vanesa.

nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 am

I think I would not have minded a new "evil character," but I think it would have been better if it was someone other than the Olesons who had her and if they had not tried to make her dress like Nellie, look like Nellie, etc.
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:01 pm

what was the name of the fat boy she made fun of? Elmer? Wilbur?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Elmer. nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 185146
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 am

ELLLLLLLL-MERRRRRRR!!! That was from the episode "For the Love of Nancy", I believe.

nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 am

Didn't Nellie also make fun of an overweight boy when they lived in Mankato?
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 pm

I really can't stand Nancy. Lie about everything. I was so glad, Belinda & Mrs. Olsen hit the ball & dunk her. The look on Laura's face when Nancy went to school. Was priceless.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:31 am

amyk wrote:
Didn't Nellie also make fun of an overweight boy when they lived in Mankato?

They made fun of Mr. Bevins, Amelia's father. He worked at the blind school.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:52 pm

I personally would have loved to see the Oleson's adopt a nice girl. As evil as Nancy is I feel that what she has is so complex. This whole psychotic personality that drove everyone crazy.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I was happy to see Albert and Willie trick her and get her to go in the dunk tank at the end of the episode!

Actually Harriet ended up dunking her too. Laughing

nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:42 am

Since someone mentioned about the Olesons adopting a nice girl, yes, that could have been a neat twist. If they adopted some sweet girl who refused to be spoiled by Mrs. Oleson, that could have been quite funny. It would be like Mrs. Oleson is insisting on her not doing any work, trying to buy her all kinds of fancy things, and maybe this girl would just give away the fancy things to others or something. She could have exasperated Harriet!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 am

P.S. I personally find it kind of creepy that Nancy dresses exactly like Nellie did when Nellie was her age. Even the title "The Reincarnation of Nellie" is sort of creepy. Reminds me of that episode where that lady's daughter died and she tried to make Laura "be" her daughter.
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:20 am

amyk wrote:
Since someone mentioned about the Olesons adopting a nice girl, yes, that could have been a neat twist. If they adopted some sweet girl who refused to be spoiled by Mrs. Oleson, that could have been quite funny. It would be like Mrs. Oleson is insisting on her not doing any work, trying to buy her all kinds of fancy things, and maybe this girl would just give away the fancy things to others or something. She could have exasperated Harriet!
I'm actually writing a fanfic about if they adopted a different girl. Some of those ideas you mentioned, I was going to put in my story. Great minds think alike! Wink
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:47 am

Maybe you could make her into a real tomboy!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 pm

amyk wrote:
Maybe you could make her into a real tomboy!

Interesting idea, Amyk!

But even if it IS creepy, I think that it was pretty common back then that if a son or a daughter would marry and go far from home, or died, their parents would act with one of their other children as if this one was the belved one that wasn't with them any more. My great-great grandma had had a girl named America and when she died at age of three, the next girl close to her was named America too, and dressed exactly the same way than her died sister. I know it sounds not nice for nowadays ideas...But yeah, people DID this kind of things back then. Yikes

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 am

They probably faced childhood death a lot more than many of us do now, so maybe that was some kind of way that they could cope with more of these kinds of deaths at young ages.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Vanesa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Nancy made the show more instersting,

I agree. Nancy was not a copy of Nellie. She was a psychotic character, not only the spoiled brat of a new rich family . I liked her character very much. Of course she had not "nice" sides as Nellie did, but these kind of people exist, they are NOT fictional at all. Most of the children are not like Nancy , but some of them sadly are...

What a pity we cannot see her in her teen years, as we could appreciate Nellie... scared Maybe a new Percival could make a change in her... HeeHee

Vanesa.

I agree very much with you. You are right about that.I went to school with children mean like her/

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:02 am

Teresa wrote:
Oh yeah, I agree!! She was a little TOO nasty for me, especially with the Belinda incident.

I agree.......she was a little to evil. Could you imagine if she paired up with one of Almanzo's nephews? (Royals sons?)lol.........

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:32 am

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
Teresa wrote:
Oh yeah, I agree!! She was a little TOO nasty for me, especially with the Belinda incident.

I agree.......she was a little to evil. Could you imagine if she paired up with one of Almanzo's nephews? (Royals sons?)lol.........

They do a lot of trouble.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Nancy made Nellie look like a saint. Nancy was evil. She would be more tolerable if she hadn't been so nasty and evil.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 pm

I never understood how you could love Nancy...as a parent..she gave no love in return and was evil. She cheated, lied, stole, and had no empathy which was really scary.
Why did the writers have them keep her? She didn't help with chores, didn't see her ever show Willie any kindness. When she locked the girl in the ice house, she didn't care if she died. She killed a rabbit and said, "It was only a rabbit". The list goes on and on, but I can't understand what the writers were thinking. Spoiled is one thing, evil is another.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 pm

I don't think the writers realized how scary Nancy was. She wasn't spoiled, she was incorrigible. She made her grandmother's life hell, she had to give her up, she broke things, set things on fire, couldn't relate to the other children or adults. She manipulates and never shows compassion. Nellie would at times be good and help out, Nancy never says a kind word and has a blank face when other students are showing compassion to someone.
She lies, uses her parents and knows what buttons to press.
She let a rabbit die as stated above in another post, from not feeding it, almost killed someone without thought because she was jealous, used an admirer to do her homework, the list goes on and on.

To have Harriet see her as "Nellie" is hard to swallow, she is not like Nellie, even my 12 year old daughter saw that. She is more like a child I saw on Criminal Minds once.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:32 am

Yes. Nancy seems to be one of those Lombrosian criminal children that you reads about in old psychiatry books. She is mean, even cruel, she is always lying, her heart is really hard and she is manipulative. Her shouts of: "....You hate me!", puts me on my nerves... banghead banghead

I don't think the writers wanted to portray her that way...Maybe they just wanted another Nellie and went too far trying to do so. They mae up a really psychopatic girl. Huh?

However, I liked the storylines in which she appears. Of course she was rather creepy!

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:46 am

I never thought she loved Harriet, just used her for her own needs. She pretty much told her at the orphanage she understood her and it was "okay". "Maybe" if the story about her abuse was true you could find some sympathy, but it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:52 pm

The bad thing about Nancy with her not only being evil, she threatened to run away every time Nels threatened to punish her and yelled "You hate me". She gets on my nerves. Poor Nels having to deal with her in the 3 movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   nellie - The Reincarnation of Nellie - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Reincarnation of Nellie
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next