HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

The Reincarnation of Nellie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1235
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:54 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I never thought she loved Harriet, just used her for her own needs. She pretty much told her at the orphanage she understood her and it was "okay". "Maybe" if the story about her abuse was true you could find some sympathy, but it wasn't.
I agree with you that she used Mrs.Oleson. She didn't want anything to do with her until Mrs.Oleson promised to spoil her with dresses, dolls and candy. She should have been puinished for lying about bering abused by her mother when her mother died giving birth to her. Strange that they never mentioned her father.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1014

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:54 pm

That's true, re the Dad...I guess a not useful bit of info they felt. Nellie was a pretty good student also, lazy, but a good student. I don't think Nancy is that either.
It would have been interesting to see how everyone would have dealt with things if the show continued.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm

After Nancy threw mud on her dress and ripped her sleeve and lied and said Cassandra did it, Mrs.Oleson accused Laura of siding with Cassandra because of Cassandra being Laura's adopted sister, yet Mrs.Oleson took Nancy's side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 141
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am

Vanesa wrote:
amyk wrote:
Maybe you could make her into a real tomboy!

Interesting idea, Amyk!

But even if it IS creepy, I think that it was pretty common back then that if a son or a daughter would marry and go far from home, or died, their parents would act with one of their other children as if this one was the belved one that wasn't with them any more. My great-great grandma had had a girl named America and when she died at age of three, the next girl close to her was named America too, and dressed exactly the same way than her died sister. I know it sounds not nice for nowadays ideas...But yeah, people DID this kind of things back then. Yikes

Vanesa.

Actually, the Quiner family had a little girl named Martha who died when she was four. A year later they named their new baby girl Martha. I always thought it was kinda sweet to name her after her older sister, but, yea, a little creepy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6799
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Mon May 20, 2013 6:27 am

I think this is the episode where Nancy is playing the piano and is really terrible at it. When Nels gets up to leave the room Harriet says "Nels, where are you going?" and Nels responds with "Crazy, Harriet! I'm going crazy!" I'm not sure if this was the episode, but that was one of my favorite Nels/ Harriet moments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 676
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:55 am

Yes that is a funny bit!

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:45 pm

I've been watching the episodes on Vudu and am a few episodes into season 8 and this is the first time I've really got to watch the whole series in order without missing episodes here and there. I really enjoyed season 7 and thought the series had a good flow to it, but then by the time The Lost Ones and The Reincarnation of Nellie are done, Jonathan, Andy, Nellie, Percival, Adam, and Mary are gone and have essentially been replaced by Nancy, James and Cassandra. I think that was the beginning of the end, and then the Ingalls leaving after season 8 was the final nail in the coffin. There are still a few episodes in season 8 that I really like, but it wasn't the same. I think the series would have lasted a few more seasons if they would have kept Jonathan, Andy, Nellie, Percival, Adam, and Mary around and aged Laura and Nellie's children to school age for season 9, but I guess I shouldn't be greedy since we did get 9 seasons and over 200 episodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3551
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:11 pm

From locking Belinda Stevens in the ice house in "The Reincarnation of Nellie" to kicking Willie in the leg before a foot race in "Gambini the Great", Nancy was a genuine brat all the way and was an awesome asset to the show. Although episodes such as "A Wiser Heart" and "He Was Only Twelve" in which she was not involved were tolerable, I view the presence of Nancy Oleson as a positive despite her @$!*&iness. Super job by Allison Balson.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:59 am

Normally, I dislike when a character on a show is "replaced". (Dick York, Dick Sargent). But this was perfectly done, I always enjoyed hating the Nancy character. It was very well done in replacing a "character". The title of the episode says it all. Here she is today, simply stunning:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 am

bethandmanly wrote:
amyk wrote:
Didn't Nellie also make fun of an overweight boy when they lived in Mankato?

They made fun of Mr. Bevins, Amelia's father. He worked at the blind school.
It was Laura, Albert and Andy who made fun of Mr. Bevins. I don't think Nellie and Willie saw him. At least Nellie did seem sorry for some things she did. Nancy was never sorry for anything she did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:16 am

I know what you mean, MikeIn FLa about Dick Sargent replacing Dick York on Bewitched. I think it's weird they had a different Grace and Carl in the episode, A Promise To Keep and a different Royal Wilder. In the Nephews, Woody Eney played Royal, then when he came back, Nicholas Pryer was Royal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reincarnation of Nellie   Today at 1:55 am

Back to top Go down

The Reincarnation of Nellie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3