Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!

Go down 
+3
Krissy
Rhonda
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Happy010

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Empty
PostSubject: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:30 pm

I thought that my Prairie pals might find this interesting! Missouri State University is offering a free online course on the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder! Here's a link to the article:

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2014/07/22/msu-offers-free-online-course-laura-ingalls-wilder/13003547/

And here's the link where you can sign up for the course:

MSU Course

There are no credits associated with the course. You can enroll at any time during the 8-week class. It begins Sept. 22.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:37 pm

You can't beat FREE, and with it coming from the state where Laura lived the majority of her adult life, and wrote the books here......sounds like you can't go wrong.....Maybe one of the admins can make this a sticky so people will remember, since it isn't until September....  Thumbsup 

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Rhonda10Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Can people outside U.SA do it? I may consider it

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Nice find, Lisa!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 pm

A little longer article from the local newspaper.  Thumbsup 

Laura Ingalls WIlder-Newleader

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Rhonda10Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Lauram10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 am

I enrolled, woohoo, I'm excited. I just visited 4 LIW sites so I'm in the spirit of LIW.

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! MarilynKeeper Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm probably going to enroll too.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I enrolled, woohoo, I'm excited.  I just visited 4 LIW sites so I'm in the spirit of LIW.
I just happened to see something about this a few weeks ago.  I decided to enroll the other day.  So, I guess I will be one of your "classmates".   grinsmiley 

And I did JUST finish reading all of Laura's books again.  So, they are fresh in my mind.  And it will make it easier to have to read them AGAIN.   grinsmiley   I never bought Laura Ingalls Wilder: A Writer’s Life.  I will order it through Kindle, though.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Cloud910

PostSubject: ONLINE Laura Ingalls Wilder Course--Student Thread   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:16 pm

In September many of us will be taking the online course about Laura Ingalls wilder and her life as a writer.  I thought that perhaps we should start a thread where we could talk about the course and all that we are learning.  If you haven't signed up yet, there is still time.
 Enroll Here

I am excited about this course and hope that many of my prairie friends here will be joining me.

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! MarilynKeeper Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm curious about something, though.  I am not the biggest fan of using my real name online (I really don't want to use my full name at all - I wouldn't say if it was just my first name).  And when I signed up, it said that I had to give my whole name.  So, I didn't think much about it until it said that that was the name that would be appearing on that site.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way that I could have a username?  I am just really curious about that. If nothing can be done about it, so be it. But I am just not sure if I have been missing something where I could change the username on the profile page on there. I don't know if I am overlooking something.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:26 pm

MissOleson wrote:
I'm curious about something, though.  I am not the biggest fan of using my real name online (I really don't want to use my full name at all - I wouldn't say if it was just my first name).  And when I signed up, it said that I had to give my whole name.  So, I didn't think much about it until it said that that was the name that would be appearing on that site.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way that I could have a username?  I am just really curious about that.  If nothing can be done about it, so be it.  But I am just not sure if I have been missing something where I could change the username on the profile page on there.  I don't know if I am overlooking something.
Well, I just answered my own question today. Smile So, forget that I posted this. Smile

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:14 pm

I was reading on the LIW Home and Museum Face Book page that the second semester has started for the MSU class. Not sure how many are taking this, but thought I would throw out the reminder to those who forgot.  Not sure if you can come in the middle of it or not, but it does sound interesting. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 pm

The second semester has started already? I thought it wasn't going to begin until April.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!   Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE! Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Online Course on Laura Ingalls Wilder! DISCUSS HERE!
Page 1 of 1