Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Robin Williams has Died

Go down 
+13
Davetucson
bethandmanly
Krissy
Honeybee
Amy
Savannah
julmer70
Teresa
Kristina
Rob
littlehouselover
Shell
Rhonda
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Bokmal10

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 am

Maybe his passing will bring more awareness to mental health, and people will realize that it is a serious illness that cannot be ignored. Some people might think that they cannot be touched by it, but Robin Williams has shown that it can affect anyone.

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 10409610
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:21 am

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I had dream about Robin Williams. He was alive. Making people laugh. When he came by me. He turn around wearing a red nose. I start laughing real loud. Cause, he was so funny in my dreams.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:31 pm

From one funny man to another. Jimmy Fallon did a wonderful tribute to Robin Williams last night on his show. Brought tears to his eyes, the audience, and me.....  bawling 

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Rhonda10died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Carol posted this on her face book wall, and I thought it was so great, so brought it over here. This is SO true!  bawling 

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 10549943_796600083713833_8875703427300050294_o

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Rhonda10died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:43 pm

His daughter Zelda's comments were touching, too bad there are people who hate so much though, she had to take her accounts down online.

http://zeldawilliams.tumblr.com/post/94586234216/my-family-has-always-been-private-about-our-time
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Theirs going be people will say nasty thing about someone's death. The best way, just stay away from social media for while. Or just ignore the haters.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:39 pm

That's what she is doing, taking a break, for how long, she doesn't know. Can you believe she even got doctored pictures of her father as he might have been found? Sick people, social media just gives them more of an outlet.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 pm

The Social Media? It's ALL media!

Rush Limbaugh Says Robin Williams Killed Himself
Because Leftists Are 'Never Happy'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/rush-limbaugh-robin-williams_n_5673626.html

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:52 pm

I just saw that, don't know how anyone listens to him.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:59 pm

I read that this morning. It's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:09 pm

I can't believe some of the things people are doing to his daughter! She is a grieving young woman who just lost her father, immaturity and stupidity is the last thing she should have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Did anyone else see the clip from Conan O'Brien's show on Monday night? I saw it replayed yesterday... he found out during a commercial break about Robin Williams and told his audience what had happened when cameras were rolling again. O'Brien was so somber and serious, it was so sad
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Davetucson wrote:

Boy, that's really crossing the line.  To speculate that someone's social/political views were somehow responsible for their death is just capitalizing on their death to pursue an agenda.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Davetucson wrote:
The Social Media? It's ALL media!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/12/rush-limbaugh-robin-williams_n_5673626.html

People, shouldn't bring politics into this.

wootwoot

Last edited by Buttercup on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 pm

I hate the fact that people have to bring politics into EVERYTHING. I just ignore that idiot...he just talks to hear himself talk!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Rob wrote:

Boy, that's really crossing the line.  To speculate that someone's social/political views were somehow responsible for their death is just capitalizing on their death to pursue an agenda.

Well said. Depression can affect anyone from any political or social background. It's ignorant and cruel to attempt to use his death to further an agenda.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 4:32 pm

His wife is saying now that he had Parkinson's, early stage. I can see how with all his other troubles and illness's, how things must have looked even bleaker.

I hope his memory is with smiles though, that is what he would have wanted.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 pm

littlehouselover wrote:

I hope his memory is with smiles though, that is what he would have wanted.

I agree with you, I think he would have wanted people to remember him as the funny man he was and continue laughing and enjoying his films, not dwell on how he died
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 pm

I think it's so stupid & disrespectful how people treating his death. This for sure is a serious matter. Hope this will help safe more lifes

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm

bawling 

As the world struggles to make sense of Robin Williams' death, his wife Susan Schneider revealed in a statement that the beloved actor was suffering from early stages of Parkinson's Disease:

“Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child — Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid.”

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 pm

That is so sad. Poor guy. Blue 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks for posting that, Rhonda.

Susan Schneider wrote:
It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid.”

That may be his greatest legacy.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

I known i've been down and really depressed about life. But i just could never do this.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Nice article from TIME, (Dick Cavett) on depression and understanding it from a celebrity view and friend of Robin Williams.
http://time.com/3106170/robin-williams-dead-dick-cavett-suicide-depression/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams has Died
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next