Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Robin Williams has Died

Go down 
+13
Davetucson
bethandmanly
Krissy
Honeybee
Amy
Savannah
julmer70
Teresa
Kristina
Rob
littlehouselover
Shell
Rhonda
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Goodsi10

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:44 pm

That's a very interesting article. Thanks a lot for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:20 pm

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Well, what I think is so amazing is that there are so many people who still just don't understand what depression truly is.  It is far beyond a simple case of just being sad or unhappy.  It is much deeper.  And that is something that I have been hearing/reading lately.  Essentially people have been making comments along the lines that a lot of people in the world have "sad moments" and they don't go so far as to kill themselves.  And I am a little dumbfounded by statements like that because it is so clear how little people know what depression really is.   I am not going to get into personal situations, but it gets so frustrating trying to explain it to someone who has never had experience with it in any sort of way.

Anyway, onto favorites, this has been my top 5 of his for years:

1.  Dead Poets Society
2.  Good Morning Vietnam
3.  Awakenings
4.  The Fisher King
5.  And, of course, this one -

Yes, I do own the original soundtrack on LP.  Smile 

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:39 am

David Letterman had a touching tribute. They had been friends for 38 years.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/david-letterman-robin-williams_n_5690906.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:03 pm

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Gty_robin_williams_billy_crystal_jc_140820_16x9_992

How Billy Crystal will Honor Robin Williams at the 2014 Emmys

Robin Williams is getting the tribute the comedic legend deserves.

His very dear friend Billy Crystal will be honoring the late icon at this year's 66th Emmy Awards on Monday night.

Williams died last week at the age of 63 from an apparent suicide.

Read: How the 66th Emmy Awards Show Will Honor Robin Williams

Related: Actor Robin Williams Is Dead at 63 of Suspected Suicide

"We felt we needed to do something powerful and memorable. Billy seemed like the perfect choice," said Emmys producer Don Mischer, according to E! News.

This announcement comes after Mischer revealed last week that something for Williams was definitely in the works.

"Plans for the In Memoriam segment are in discussion," Mischer, told ABC News via a statement. "We are working to give Robin Williams the proper and meaningful remembrance he so well deserves."

Williams was no stranger to the Emmy Awards, having been nominated eight times and winning twice.

The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards are set to air Aug. 25 on NBC.

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Rhonda10died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Robin Williams' Last Message Of Hope Is A Must See.

Shortly before taking his own life, Robin Williams granted the wish of a terminally ill cancer patient. One thing on 21-year-old Vivian Waller's bucket list was to meet the actor, but her condition deteriorated making her unable to travel. So one of Vivian's friends contacted the 63-year-old comedian and asked if he would record a short video to send to her. He agreed and this is the video clip that was sent to her family.

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Rhonda10died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 6:28 am

I saw that video among others. I think her husband said he didn't tell her (at least then) that Robin passed away.
He helped a lot with "Make a Wish" children too. One dad said his child was too sick to fly so he came to her. She died 2 months later but enjoyed her visit so much, when he heard of his passing, he cried for half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 am

He did a lot of work for St. Jude too. I remember seeing his St. Jude commercials on TV, and after he passed they posted a message about him on their facebook page.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:33 am

I don't normally watch award shows, just see the highlights later, but I do want to watch to see his good friend Billy Crystal give him a proper remembrance.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:01 pm

I watched Disney's Aladdin tonight, and did alright, till I got to the end, where Aladdin sets the Genie free, and says, "Genie, I'm gonna miss you."  Afterwards, I started searching for different info and tributes and found this. Wink  I still can't believe he is gone...  Blue  

Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:00 am

Couldn't watch the awards , it's so sad news. I liked him in in Peter pan with Julia Roberts.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:17 pm

ON RIGHT NOW!   Blue

Rhonda wrote:
died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Gty_robin_williams_billy_crystal_jc_140820_16x9_992

How Billy Crystal will Honor Robin Williams at the 2014 Emmys

Robin Williams is getting the tribute the comedic legend deserves.

His very dear friend Billy Crystal will be honoring the late icon at this year's 66th Emmy Awards on Monday night.

Williams died last week at the age of 63 from an apparent suicide.

Read: How the 66th Emmy Awards Show Will Honor Robin Williams

Related: Actor Robin Williams Is Dead at 63 of Suspected Suicide

"We felt we needed to do something powerful and memorable. Billy seemed like the perfect choice," said Emmys producer Don Mischer, according to E! News.

This announcement comes after Mischer revealed last week that something for Williams was definitely in the works.

"Plans for the In Memoriam segment are in discussion," Mischer, told ABC News via a statement. "We are working to give Robin Williams the proper and meaningful remembrance he so well deserves."

Williams was no stranger to the Emmy Awards, having been nominated eight times and winning twice.

The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards are set to air Aug. 25 on NBC.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:30 am

We rode the ride in Imagination at Epcot and there's a picture of Robin Williams as one of the scientists there. He was definitely a genius.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 9:43 am

I watched the Emmy's last night, and Billy Crystal gave a wonderful speech about his friend Robin Williams. He said "it's so hard talking about him in the past tense, because he was so present in everyone's lives." bawling

I only wish his speech had been longer. They let acceptance speeches go on forever but when it was a tribute to a beloved star it can only be a minute or two long.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I watched the Emmy's last night, and Billy Crystal gave a wonderful speech about his friend Robin Williams. He said "it's so hard talking about him in the past tense, because he was so present in everyone's lives."  bawling

bawling

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I only wish his speech had been longer. They let acceptance speeches go on forever but when it was a tribute to a beloved star it can only be a minute or two long.

I didn't get to see it. Seriously?? I would have thought he'd be talking quite awhile too. Maybe he didn't feel he could handle it? I don't know. Honestly I'm thinking this has got to be one of the hardest times of grieving for friends and family---reality has sunk in by now and coping can be even more difficult at this stage. I'm sure it was difficult for so many witnessing this memorial at the Emmy's last night. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Sara Bareilles sang, "Smile",  as the others who had passed, played through on the big screen. This video flowed right into the Robin Williams tribute by Billy Crystal.

Tribute by Billy Crystal.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Billy could have gone on forever but this wasn't the place, he needed to keep it compact. I've read so many stories about him helping others, you could write a book. I like how you didn't know either, wasn't for show.
His house was like a playground inside when his kids were small. Child couches, toys, forts in the living room, video games, etc. This interviewer said it was a breath of fresh air compared to other "star" places. In some ways, a star, others, very down to earth.
I hope he could see how much people loved him.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Sara Bareilles sang, "Smile",  as the others who had passed, played through on the big screen.  This video flowed right into the Robin Williams tribute by Billy Crystal.

Wow. I'd heard of Sara, but had never heard her sing. She has a beautiful voice.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Rob wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
Sara Bareilles sang, "Smile",  as the others who had passed, played through on the big screen.  This video flowed right into the Robin Williams tribute by Billy Crystal.

Wow.  I'd heard of Sara, but had never heard her sing.  She has a beautiful voice.

OH GOODNESS!  Make sure you look her up on Youtube.  She did the song to Disney's Brave, and at one time, was a judge on, "The Sing-Off" where A capella groups competed against each other for a record deal and cash winnings....She is very talented....plays guitar and piano, as well.... Wink

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Well, that definitely has me bawling .  Thanks so much for posting those links Rhonda.

I thought the tribute was beautiful and just long enough.  I'm sure there were a LOT of women with their make-up all messed up in the audience after that one. cryB  Billy is so wonderful....have always loved him, and his and Robin's deep friendship was always apparent.  I can't imagine his pain.  The end clip was just beautiful.  

I actually did ok during the 'in memorium' clip, until they got to Maya Angelou and hearing her words, "I am grateful to have been loved," and seeing that tear. bawling  Wow, we sure did lose some amazing actors and people in entertainment this past year. No

Oh, and Rob---yes, Sara is pretty amazing. loveheart

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Did you notice that they didn't include Richard Bull in the memorial tribute. He died right around the time that someone more famous did or something happened in history, I forget which. Kinda stinks in my books.

died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 MarilynKeeper died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:18 pm

I did notice that Marilyn.....Back when they did the Memoriam during the Academy Awards, I mentioned them not mentioning him, and people said because he was television, not movies.....So, I figured he would be shown for the Emmy's, which is television.....was disappointed.... Blue Below, someone posted on the Emmy Awards Facebook Page, along with many, many others that were forgotten.  Besides my "Like" for it, Emmy Awards even "Liked" it...wonder if they'll do anything about it..... scratchead

Naomi Stevens‎ Emmy Awards
21 hrs ·
Forgotten in the 2014 Memorial Tribute on The Prime Time Emmy Awards~
Richard Bull June 26, 1924 – February 3, 2014
Best known for his performance as Nels Oleson, the kindly proprietor of Oleson's Mercantile and the long suffering husband of his wife Harriet on the NBC TV series Little House on the Prairie which aired from 1974 to 1983 and "Doc" on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.
Bull began his stage career at the famous Goodman Theatre in Chicago, Illinois. He left Los Angeles in 1994 with his wife Barbara "Bobbi" Collentine to live in Chicago. Richard Bull, passed away on the morning of February 3, 2014 at the Motion Picture Television Fund campus in Calabasas, CA. He was 89 years old.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Did you notice that they didn't include Richard Bull in the memorial tribute.  He died right around the time that someone more famous did or something happened in history, I forget which.  Kinda stinks in my books.

So, I am obviously NOT the ONLY one who noticed this! That is completely irrelevant, though, whether someone more well-known also died at the time that he did, as far as I am concerned. I won't name names of some of the people that were mentioned, but they were no "bigger" than he was, in reality. And those people got mentioned. If nothing else he was a man who appeared on TV for many years (not including just LH). He deserved some sort of respect for that alone. Call me silly, but I am getting to the point where I am tired of the In Memoriam segments because they do lack so many people that should be included. They could add those few seconds. Limit the time of everyone's speech (not just those obviously selected ones who get cut off before others), if necessary, to make the time to acknowledge the people who deserve it. Show them some decent amount of respect.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:39 am

I watched an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit the other night with Robin Williams as a guest star, and he played the bad guy. It was quite interesting to see him playing a villain, when I am so used to seeing him in funny roles. There was one moment in the episode of SVU when I noticed the regular Robin Williams I was used to seeing, after his character was found not guilty at trial he said "This was fun!" and hugged the other lawyer. But other than that moment, his character was a cruel man and it was just so odd to see him as the bad guy!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:19 am

I looked that episode up a few months ago, was interesting to see him in that type of role. He did play a bad guy with Al Pacino in a movie but I didn't like that one.

I will always treasure his earlier roles, especially the drama ones even more than the comedy.
Although his death will always be a tragedy, too soon, I don't agree with people who say he left us without more comedy, etc. With his dementia and Parkinson's disease, I don't think he would be able to do very much unfortunately. His last months were so sad, I hope he is at peace. I know his family with every milestone will miss him very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robin Williams has Died   died - Robin Williams has Died - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams has Died
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next