Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New from the Netherlands

Go down 
+3
Savannah
MissOleson
Mieke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mieke
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 6

New from the Netherlands Empty
PostSubject: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Hello Everybody,

I'm new!!!!
I'm a big fan of the books of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Not really the televisionseries. Of course I've seen them all, but I like the books best. I'm also a member at a Dutch forum, but in the Netherlands there is less to discuss about Laura. In 2000 me and my husband went to the USA and visit several Laura-sites. It was a wunderful experience to be there and I hope to go back once. I'm a fan of Laura Ingalls since my 9 th year (and I'm now 38 years old!). I read all the books in Dutch and English. After all this years I collected a Laura-library of over 100 books from and about Laura. This collections is my proud!
I work as an orthoptist in a hospital. I have two children and my daughter is named Laura (not really named after Laura Ingalls, but of course I liked the name).
I hope to find much new information about Laura and her whole family and to discus nice things about Laura. Forgive me if my English is not always very good.

Groetjes, Mieke
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : New from the Netherlands Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Welcome

Which sites have you been to? I am really curious to hear!

Well, welcome, and I am sure you will find enough of non-television series discussions here to your liking. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Mieke
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:34 pm

We went to Pepin, Wisconsin, Walnut Grove, Burr Oak en De Smet and, of course, Mansfield.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
New from the Netherlands Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : New from the Netherlands Happy010

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome to the board! How lovely that you were able to visit some Laura sites! Which of her books is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
Mieke
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Eh, I don't have one favorite. I like the stories of Laura, Caroline and Rose and Laura's Album of William Anderson
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : New from the Netherlands Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Mieke wrote:
We went to Pepin, Wisconsin, Walnut Grove, Burr Oak en De Smet and, of course, Mansfield.

I have been to all of those that you mentioned, too. Which one do you think was the best? I still think that I like De Smet the most. Mansfield is good, too, of course. But I actually really liked Burr Oak. I thought it was such an interesting little place.

I am from Wisconsin. So, it was very important that I make it to Pepin. Smile But Caroline was born in the town right outside where I am from. They, unfortunately, have no houses - or anything like that - for her there now. But they do have a marker on the corner of where her house would've been.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : New from the Netherlands Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Welcome to the Prairie, Mieke! Wave
Back to top Go down
Mieke
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:44 pm

I like DeSmet and Mansfield best. In DeSmet there is so much which conects with the family Ingalls. And I love the house Laura and Almanzo build. How I wish to look upstairs in the house at Rocky Ridge...
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : New from the Netherlands Headac10

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Welcome.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : New from the Netherlands Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Great to have you with us. My friends and I traveled this summer for the 40th Cast Reunion in Walnut Grove. We got to see De Smet, SD, Walnut Grove, stopped in Spring Valley, MN, and the last leg of our trip found us in Burr Oak, IA. Hope you have a chance to come back to the States some day.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : New from the Netherlands Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:43 am

Welcome to the Prairie! Wave
Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from the Netherlands   New from the Netherlands Empty

Back to top Go down

New from the Netherlands
Page 1 of 1