HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Do you know what you were watching at 8 p.m. on September 11, 1974?  Was it Little House on the Prairie?  Today marks 40 years since the first episode of Season 1 aired on NBC.  I am afraid to say that I wasn't watching that night.  It took me 4 years to catch onto this amazing show but it has been apart of my life ever since.

Many thanks to the cast and crew for all of the hard work that you endured so many years ago.  But they are still entertaining us as we rewatch these episodes today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6799
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!   Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Happy 40th Anniversary to one of my favorite television shows, Little House on the Prairie!! stars

The earliest episodes of LHOTP I remember watching are the Christmas episodes, particularly Christmas at Plum Creek. I also remember seeing parts of other episodes, though I can't remember which ones. Today, I own every episode of the show, including the pilot movie. LHOTP is one of my favorite shows for many reasons.

I would like to quote what Marilyn said- thank you to all the cast and crew who worked so hard to bring this show to life. Without it, I wouldn't have met everyone here on the prairie forum. I think I will be watching an episode or two of LHOTP tonight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7230
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:06 pm

The earliest episode I remember is Country Girls. Who knew that this show would bring all of us together one day.

Happy anniversary and many thanks.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!   Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Happy Anniversary of the first airing, Little House!! I can only second what everyone else has said. Simply put, this show changed my life! loveheart

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!   Today at 1:52 am

Back to top Go down

HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1