Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mother has Cancer!

Go down 
+12
Lori
Amy
Gin
Kristina
Krissy
Davetucson
bethandmanly
Savannah
Rhonda
Teresa
Rob
LIWnut
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Happy011

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 4:07 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Jacob, Ontario does have low income housing and I just found out yesterday that I was approved for one bedroom apartment. God is so good in providing what we need, when we need it.

Thats wonderful news!!! Hopefully its close to your work place!

Rob wrote:
Jacob, you're so right about that. My Mom suffered from dementia, and it gives me great comfort that I was able to care for her in her own home until she passed away last July

I didn't know Rob, I am so sorry for your loss!

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Jacobk10My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Thank you, Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Marilyn! So happy for you in working into another place! You just need to remember that you can make this your own and know that where you go your parents love will be with you. God will provide in all things!! LOVE!!

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Glad things worked out on the housing. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Gin wrote:
  Marilyn!  So happy for you in working into another place!  You just need to remember that you can make this your own and know that where you go your parents love will be with you.   God will provide in all things!! LOVE!!

Goodpost

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Mom is progressing downhill so fast. 2 days ago she could make it down the hall to the bathroom. Now she can barely stand as I pull down her pants. Tonight I would have been in trouble if brother Tim wasn't here to help. I can no longer manage her by myself. Please pray that I am able to find helpers, especially at night.
Mom's name is on the pailative care list at the hospital but there is a bed crunch and so other floors are not as available as they usually would be due to flu season. Pray that a bed comes available soon!! It is so hard to see her struggle. When she is in bed, she is weak and sleeps a lot but in no pain, for that we are grateful.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 MarilynKeeper My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Aww. I'M sorry to here that. Hope you find some helpers and a bed for your dear mother. Smiley Hug Love

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:30 pm

My mom is not doing well. She went downhill so fast this past week. She went from going to the washroom by herself last weekend to being totally bedridden and semi aware of us yesterday. Until now she was not in pain due to cancer but today it has begun and she is getting mess through a port. We were hoping that she would get a bed in the pailative care ward at the hospital but it seems that she will leave us from home. We are not expecting her to last much longer.
Please continue to pray for us.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 MarilynKeeper My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm sorry, Marilyn. Still praying. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 pm

I'm so very sorry, Marilyn. Many prayers going out for you, my dear friend.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:59 am

My mother has gone Home to Glory, her battle with cancer is over and she is in the arms of her Lord. Please pray for my family on this very difficult day.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:00 am

Blue I am SO sorry, I pray for strength and comfort for you and your family, dear Marilyn. Smiley Hug

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Rhonda10My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:21 am

I'm very sorry to hear this, Marilyn.  Smiley Hug I'll be praying, too.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:26 am

I was not home when my mother went to her reward.  I was staying at my brother's house and my sisters in law were with her at the end.  One of them was singing hymns to her as she passed.  My last memory of her is a funny one. When I was leaving I gave her a kiss. In her pain from the cancer, she flinched and moved her hand across her cheek. She rubbed off my kiss, the little stinker! It was funny, I gave her another kiss and told her to keep it on. She opened her eyes a crack and nodded.
We were blessed that mom had no pain until the last day or so. Her doctors were amazed but I know that it was the Lord protecting His faithful servant. Now she is pain free and cancer free and with Jesus.
I am doing well, so far. Please pray for us, especially my youngest brother's small kids. They saw mom last night and there were many tears. God is good and He is our strength.

Last edited by LIWnut on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:23 am

Love you Marilyn. You are so blessed to have her know you even at the end. I know she is pain free now. I will pray for you and your family to have strength in the coming days. God bless.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 am

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing, Marilyn. Remember that all of you are never far from my thoughts and prayers. I sent you a package right around the turn of the year, hopefully you get it.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

I am so sorry, Marilyn. I will be thinking about you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Smiley Hug I'm so sorry for your loss, Marilyn. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. I love the sweet memory you have of her right at the end - and I'm so thankful that you have so many precious, beautiful memories of her to treasure. You and she were both blessed to have had such a close friendship, and that love will live on in the memories.
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:57 pm

So glad you have your housing taken care of.  Praying for your loss.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 pm

I couldn't sleep very well last night, my brain wouldn't shut off. All I could think about was my mom in Heaven singing praises to her Lord. I had to sing too! So I turned on some music and sang His praises with her.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Marilyn, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers during this difficult time.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:57 pm

You and your family are in my prayers, Marilyn. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 pm

It's all over except the tears. I have been strong for the past two days, no tears and comforting all those around me. The visitation yesterday was huge, she knew EVERYONE! The funeral today was so much fun with so many memories, it was awesome. I didn't cry once but was there to hold up others who needed strength. My friend sang a solo and I signed it in sign language in mom's honour. I am still staying with brother Tim and now that everything is over, I am a tearful mess. I miss her, my heart is in pieces. I dread going home, she won't be there. The hard part starts now. I have to find a new home and pack up the one she leaves behind. Please keep praying, I need it more now than ever.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 am

I'M so sorry for your loss. bawling Blue Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Mother has Cancer!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next