Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"

Go down 
+5
Rob
Amy
Savannah
Teresa
julmer70
9 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Happy010

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Empty
PostSubject: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 am

FYI- Just giving you all the heads up! Melissa Gilbert will be interviewed by Oprah on her show "Where Are They Now" this Sunday 11/2/14 9pm EST on OWN channel. Smile

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks for letting us know!

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 am

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:20 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks Julie!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:26 pm

It was a nice little interview. Fun to see the inside of her home.

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Here's a link where it can be viewed online:

Where Are They Now?

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks for posting that, Lisa!  Their house looks so cozy.  And they seem like such a nice couple.  

Sometimes actors tend to turn their backs on the role that made them famous, so it was nice to see the Little House memorabilia around the house. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Lisa wrote:
Here's a link where it can be viewed online:

Where Are They Now?

Yes, thank you!! Thumbsup
Oh my gosh I love it! I love her house and how she has that red dress framed. I'm very happy for her :)

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Horses10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Very nice, I had seen the inside before but as "still" pictures. Michael never really played the fiddle, but I can see how it meant a lot to her. So many things burned or were lost.

I hope they stay happy.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if Timothy owned that house before Melissa came along, or did they buy it together after they married?
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 am

She made it sound like they bought it recently, talked of moving in on her site, so I'm assuming it was a new home. He's from there but didn't say he lived there now.
A quote from her blog:
Not only is he from Michigan, but he loves all things Michigan and I am really starting to as well,” the Los Angeles native wrote, adding that she remained apprehensive about facing her first Michigan winter.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:53 am

Oh, okay.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:33 am

littlehouselover wrote:
She made it sound like they bought it recently, talked of moving in on her site, so I'm assuming it was a new home. He's from there but didn't say he lived there now.
A quote from her blog:
Not only is he from Michigan, but he loves all things Michigan and I am really starting to as well,” the Los Angeles native wrote, adding that she remained apprehensive about facing her first Michigan winter.

He is from East Lansing, which is 5 minutes from where I live.  Love that he had MSU Spartan sweatpants on in the interview. Thumbsup  Yes, they bought the house together last year....his parents are still in my area so I think they were looking for someplace close to where they lived but not 'too' close, ahem. Wink  Howell is about 30 minutes from East Lansing and is a really lovely area.  They come to quite a few of the MSU football games here, I know. Smile

I love that they are so down to earth and likeable---every interview with them reveals how perfectly suited they are.  They are constantly making each other laugh.  They are both intelligent and funny people and clearly adore each other.  Just the neatest thing to see. loveheart And I LOVE their home, that she loves antiques and that warm and cozy feel.  It's funny because she tends to dress more with an edge half the time---she tends to go kind of rocker chic or bohemian.  But her home and décor are very old fashioned and traditional.  Too cute!!

I knew she had the dress in her possession but I did NOT know she had Pa's fiddle!!  I LOVE that she has it!! Love  Clearly it means the world to her. And loved the half pint sign out on the porch! greenS

Also, their first winter was last winter and she seemed rather unphased even though she was here during the polar vortex!! Yikes  However, they DID flee the state down south for a good chunk of it. HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 pm

I wanted to see their bed, since she mentioned it. lol

I hope she starts to "hug" her simple ways (and dress) more and more. The cougar thing she had going for a while was honestly a little gross to me.

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:53 am

I know the guest bedroom is in her instagram pics...if you look through them, keep loading more on the bottom of the page, you might see it. She loves to share her home and food pics. I don't have the patience to look at too many.
http://instagram.com/notsohalfapint
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Here is a play that Melissa's son Michael is doing over the next 2 weekends.  
Room With A View

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" MarilynKeeper Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:56 pm

He really seems to have his head on straight. Thanks for posting that, Marilyn.

Hey, Amy, will you be going to the play??
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Oh my goodness, yes! Probably! That's awesome---thanks so much for sharing this Marilyn! I can't believe I didn't see it---that's my news station, lol! Guessing there's a good chance Melissa could be there, which would be cool too!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Amy, you need to go and report back to us how Michael does. Think how cool it would be if you met MG there. You could tell her about our little prairie.
Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm dreaming about the last part but you can make the first part come true.

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" MarilynKeeper Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now" Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Gilbert on Oprah's "Where Are They Now"
Page 1 of 1