Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum

Go down 
+8
Lori
AdIngalls
LIWnut
MissOleson
Krissy
bethandmanly
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Purple2

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

We are pleased to announce that Richard Thomas (Pa Ingalls, Beyond the Prairie) will be interviewed on stage during the annual Laura Ingalls Wilder Home and Museum luncheon during the Missouri Cherry Blossom Festival in Marshfield, Missouri. Richard will speak about his role in the film. The luncheon is scheduled for Friday, April 24th at 11:30 AM at the Marshfield Assembly of God Fellowship Hall. Tickets are $25 per person and will go on sale President’s Day (Monday) at 9 AM by calling 417-924-3626 or https://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product=wilder-luncheon-2

This is his second visit to the festival and tickets will go quickly! This luncheon is sponsored by Federal Protection.
ORDER ONLINE TODAY!
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6010

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Rhonda10home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6110

💥 NEW RELEASED ITEM - LIMITED QUANTITIES.💥

Wendi Lou Lee “Baby Grace” – Autographed Package

Limited quantities available. Package includes:

▪ Autographed book – A Prairie Devotional: Inspired by the Beloved TV Series – Hardcover
▪Autographed covered wagon ornament
▪Autographed covered wagon magnet.

Purchase through the link below:
Purchase Here

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Rhonda10home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Everything I know about surviving in quarantine I learned from ‘The Long Winter’

Laura Ingalls Wilder has been sharing wisdom and stories for over a century--from her writings as a country journalist, and author of books for children. Here she is again, during America's, and the world's current challenges, sharing wisdom and courage. Her writings are authentic classics: works of art communicating the highest values of philosophy, literature, and history.  Read Here

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 TYS4ZW7I5VPT6IPTZTH6I6C5UY

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 11:12 am

We are sad to report the May1 passing of Dr John Miller, author and history professor emeritus of South Dakota State University. Dr. Miller is the author of Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder, Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little Town, and Laura Ingalls Wilder: Authorship, Place, Time, and Culture. Additionally he wrote many Wilder articles and presented at numerous conferences and public events dedicated to Laura Wilder. He was a periodic visitor at Rocky Ridge Farm, researching, presenting, and signing copies of his books. His work and dedication to Wilder lore are part of his legacy as a teacher, historian, and author. RIP John.

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g213

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 6:57 pm

💥"Laura Ingalls Wilder, PIONEER GIRL, The Annotated Autobiography"💥

For the first time, Laura Ingalls Wilder’s autobiography will be available in print. This annotated edition, published with the approval of the Little House Heritage Trust, is a must-have for any fan of the Little House books, and it will finally bring Wilder’s hidden writing to the public.

To order follow the link: ORDER HERE

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6410
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6510

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 5:48 pm

🎻"LAURA INGALLS WILDER ALL SITES TOUR PASSPORT"🎻
Get your passport stamped at each Laura Ingalls Wilder site that you visit:
Pepin, WI
Independence, KS
Walnut Grove, MN
Burr Oak, IA
DeSmet, SD
Spring Valley, MN
Mansfield, MO
Malone, NY

Approximately 3.5 x 5 inches
By Joel McKinney – Walnut Grove, MN

To purchase follow the link below: ORDER HERE
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g127

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g1a10
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g1b10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:59 pm

🌺"LITTLE HOUSE SITES COTTON THROW"🌺
This high-quality cotton afghan depicts the travels of America’s beloved author, Laura Ingalls Wilder.

To Purchase follow the link: LHOTP Afghan

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g129

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 10:32 pm

How were the Wilders spending the summer of 1910, 110 years ago? Most significantly, Laura and Almanzo moved back to Rocky Ridge Farm permanently. And daughter Rose spent the summer with her parents. The 1910 census taker counted Rose as part of the Wilder household, although Rose had been living in Kansas City. Another member of the household was a young hired man, also from Kansas City. Almanzo often needed help with haying, the orchard, row crops, tending farm animals, mending fence, and other early farming chores. The women spent time discussing writing and Laura's desire to write-for-income. The 1910 photo of mother-daughter was likely taken in the farm ravine or other beauty spot nearby.

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6610

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm

💐"GIRLS SUNBONNET"💐
Description: Please specify size in “Order Notes” when checking out. Sizes available: Small (for babies and small toddlers), Medium (for pre-school and small school-aged children), Large (for school-aged children and small adults) and X-Large (for MOST adults and older children) *Please note that the above are general guidelines and not specific for any age or size. Feel free to contact us for information or to inquire about a specific color. Available colors vary.

To purchase follow the link: Buy Bonnets Here

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g130

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Who doesn't enjoy a summer picnic? Laura and Almanzo Wilder (seated at left in the historic photo) surely did, and so do current visitors at Rocky Ridge Farm.

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6710

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:56 am

🌹"Bracelet from replica of Laura’s Silverware Pattern"🌹
Description: Roger Bros. Silverware 1885. This is the exact pattern that Almanzo gave Laura for their wedding.
Laura's pieces that survived the fire may be viewed in our museum.

We have limited quantities of these bracelets. Other colors are on our shopping page under "Collectables and Gifts".

To purchase follow the link: ORDER HERE

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g131

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 4:50 pm

🎀"My Little House Paper Dolls: The Big Woods Collection"🎀

Description: Share happy times in the little house in the Big Woods! Here, for the first time, is your very own collection of paper dolls inspired by the classic “Little House” books. Inside this book, you’ll find Laura, Mary, Baby Carrie, Ma, Pa, and their faithful bulldog, Jack. From helping Ma gather food in the garden to watching Pa play his fiddle, now you, too, can be a part of Laura and Mary’s happy days in the little house in the Big Woods.

To purchase this item follow the link: ORDER HERE

Link to Paper Doll Discussion on Forum

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6810

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 11:51 am

🌹 "Little House Picture Book Treasury – Hardback, Full-Color"🌹
Description: A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder, illustrated by Renee Graef

A Little House Picture Book Treasury from Laura Ingalls Wilder makes for a wonderful addition to any child’s library. This collection features 6 classic Little House stories with art inspired by Garth Williams’s classic illustrations. Perfect for reading aloud, these classic stories are sure to delight readers both young and old. The six stories included in this treasury were originally published as stand-alone picture books: A Little Prairie House, Going to Town, County Fair, Sugar Snow, Winter Days in the Big Woods, and Christmas in the Big Woods.

This hardcover, full-color treasury includes six picture book stories adapted from the classic Little House books.

208 pages, hardcover, full-color

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g132

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Some very significant and exciting news! A beautifully wrought Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Literature Award medal has been established and will be presented this fall to Missouri author, David Harrison. Both Laura Ingalls Wilder and David Harrison contributed outstanding books which have enriched children's reading worlds. Read the whole story in the article from the Springfield News & Leader below. Congratulations Mr. Harrison!  Read Here
Related Story About Award
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g215

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 5:29 pm

I am thrilled to hear about this considering they had renamed the original award in Laura's name.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 3:04 pm

On September 21, 1894 "Laura and Almanzo bought forty acres of land...It was not a promising piece of ground, covered with sassafras patches, rangy thickets, questionable slopes, and heavy woods,. But there was already a log cabin at the top of a wooded knob, and below it, in a rocky deep ravine, a clear spring-fed a creek that wandered around the base of the hill." [from A LITTLE HOUSE SAMPLER.] After much labor, Laura wrote: "I look around the farm now and see the smooth, green, rolling meadows and pastures."

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 1g134

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 am

Beautiful. Wish I was there.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 6:44 pm

Autumn leaf time on Rocky Ridge Farm is also picturesque at Almanzo's boyhood home near Malone, New York. There are are some great fall-themed chapters in FARMER BOY, showing us what farm life was like in upstate New York when Almanzo was a boy in the late 1860s. He remained a 'farmer boy" all his life, finishing his active career at Rocky Ridge in the 1920s when he was in his sixties. Interesting fact: the trowel used to build this farmhouse was the same one Almanzo used to build his home in South Dakota and finally the Rocky Ridge farmhouse. Unfortunately, its whereabouts are no longer known.

Patchwork of Fall Colors
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw6910

The Almanzo Wilder home in Burke is surrounded by a patchwork of fall colors on Friday. Wilder’s boyhood experiences on the farm are described in the book ‘Farmer Boy’ by his wife, Laura Ingalls Wilder, part of her ‘Little House on the Prairie’ stories. Christopher Lenney/Johnson Newspapers

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 4:51 pm

NEW PRODUCT
💥"POSTAGE STAMP BOOKMARK"💥
Description: Featuring the postage stamp issued on October 23, 1993, that was designed by Jim Lamb.

The bookmark measures 6 1/2″ X 2 1/4″

An officially licensed product of the United States Postal Service

To purchase follow the link: Purchase Here

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw7010

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 11:31 am

Along with Laura Wilder's career as a regional journalist, she published poetry in her pre-Little House book career. She and Almanzo admitted they never got over being homesick for South Dakota, so it is not surprising she wrote about the prairies for the home paper in De Smet. Her very first published writing was published in that newspaper. Not surprising, as the proprietors, Carter and Elgetha Masters Sherwood were close friends of the Ingalls family.

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw7110
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw7210

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Very nice, thanks for posting!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 10:37 am

💥"Laura’s Album"💥
Description: Noted historian William Anderson has collected the photographs, letters, documents, and mementos of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s life for “Laura’s Album”–a unique look into the private world of the pioneer girl.

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw7310
home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw7410

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Literature Festival

Congratulations to this year's recipients of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Literature Award. Here's your class of 2020!

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw20211

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 2:03 pm

·
⭐ "LAURA INGALLS WILDER HOME & MUSEUM MASK" ⭐
Description: Laura Ingalls Wilder Home & Museum Mask – White
Washable Adult Mask
To Purchase follow the Link: ORDER HERE

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Liw7510

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 6:18 pm

🎄"BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL🎄
Purchase a "Boxed Set of "Little House" books and receive a "China Shepherdess" FREE.  Offer only applies through DECEMBER 15, 2020.
To Purchase follow the link: ORDER HERE

home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Lhshep10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   home - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next