Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now Empty
PostSubject: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 am

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now Happy010

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 7:57 am

Wow, that was well made. I can't imagine how difficult that was to put together. Thanks for posting!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:41 am

Very cool! I was under the impression the church was still there but everything else was gone... Did they tear the church down after the series?

I remember when everything blew up and I thought that was pretty cool (I was a kid). But now I kind of wish the old buildings were still there. They could make it into a museum type thing and have an actual gift shop at the Mercantile.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 5:33 am

I'm not sure what got lost in a fire later. I know the real "little house' Stan Ivar still has but had trouble giving it to a museum because of rights Ed Friendly had (but he has since died so I don't know now)
I know they put up a "fake" little house for a while and that burned. Some fans had noted that it looked different inside and that is how they learned about Stan dismantling the original and saving it in his barn. Good thing or it would have burned but sad because it would be a real tourist draw somewhere.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 9:02 am

So was there a wild fire or something?
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Yes, Rachel Greenbush said there was a bad one and many things burned, a lot of souvenir type things also.
Back to top Go down
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:58 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Very cool! I was under the impression the church was still there but everything else was gone... Did they tear the church down after the series?

Seems to me....(from what I remember somebody saying) - that they intentionally were not going to include the church in the blowing up of the town buildings.  Something about a feared backlash from Little House fans.....blowing up a building which signified a place of worship.  Understandable.   But if you remember, AFTER they blew up the town....they had the reverend
walking up the steps of the church to ring the bell for Sunday services.   They show the front view of the church....which was somewhat defaced from EITHER collateral damage of the other explosions......or they purposely "roughed up" the facade. But they chose to tear down....or a better choice of wording, "dismantle" the church after filming.  Contractually, putting back the land in a natural state....avoiding any possible building fires or hazards with livestock roaming the area.   If I'm wrong about this...please correct my memory.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now   Grove - New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now Empty

Back to top Go down

New Video of Walnut Grove, Then and Now
Page 1 of 1