Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The colored illistrations.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

The colored illistrations. Empty
PostSubject: The colored illistrations.   The colored illistrations. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:17 am

:fyi:
I bought a few new copies of the colored
illustrations version of the original Little House books!
I love them!
The black and white illustrations are nice
but the colored ones are more fun.
The pages are thicker in these too!
Has anyone else seen them?

Holly
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: The colored illistrations.   The colored illistrations. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 12:05 pm

I haven't seen them, but they sound beautiful! I still have the old black-and-white ones and am hoping to expand my collection someday to include the hardcovers, and maybe the colored illustrated ones too.

The colored illistrations. ChristinaKeeper2 The colored illistrations. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : The colored illistrations. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The colored illistrations.   The colored illistrations. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:33 am

My first introduction to the colored illustrations was through a huge five-in-one hardback that a friend gave me for Christmas. I've been rereading the series and read the first five books from that collection and really enjoyed the color illustrations. I still prefer the black and white illustrations (I think because I saw those first and would spend minutes just looking at the drawings!), but I really do like the color illustrations.

My mother sells used books and she recently picked up a color copy of LHitBW. I think that the pages are thicker too... probably because of the color photos? I told my mother that if she finds the last four books in the color edition to let me know because I'd take a copy of them too.

The colored illistrations. PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: The colored illistrations.   The colored illistrations. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Yes, the pages are thicker. I like that!
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The colored illistrations.   The colored illistrations. EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:05 am

I love the colored illustrations! And I love how they stand out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The colored illistrations.   The colored illistrations. Empty

Back to top Go down

The colored illistrations.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: The Little House Book Club-
Jump to: