Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)

Go down 
+25
Honeybee
Krissy
Lori
littlehouselover
Shell
Davetucson
Savannah
easyt72000
tresiemay
Gin
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
alexczarn
Farmer Girl
Vanesa
rana
LIWnut
JW
Amy
Misti
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
bethandmanly
carolineingalls
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Happy010

Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 am

Rob wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
Maybe he noticed that Katherine MacGregor had a great potential of a comedian in her, and could add some salt to the show portraying her as the adult version of her daughter Nellie.

I think you're exactly right, Vanesa. Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 185146

Come to think of it, that's probably correct. Wink

Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 am

alexczarn wrote:
Episode 21: Money Crop Season 1

[*]While Mary is usually depicted as a very shy and reserved girl, this is an episode where she really loses her cool and dares to call a group of grown men names, telling them that God will punish them for their cruelty. For a child like Mary, especially, this is a sight to see, and it's one of the few times in the series that Mary gets in someone's face and lets them see what's behind her sweet, gentle smile(refer also to Season 2's "Troublemaker" and Season 4's "Whisper Country").

.[/i][/list]

I've noticed that too. I think that these little details are those who makes me see how much I could relate to Mary. I'm somewhat shy and reserved, just like her, and I always liked to read and to study (specially history!)...but when some injustice touches me too much I can become as furious as a lion without anything to eat! HeeHee I suppose that people who looks too gentle could cause the impression they are stupid or passive when it is not always the case.

I'm quite sweet most part of the time, but ...oh, please don't make me angry or you'll want to run away from me! grinsmiley ShyGirl

Vanesa.

Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 am

Vanesa wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
Episode 21: Money Crop Season 1

[*]While Mary is usually depicted as a very shy and reserved girl, this is an episode where she really loses her cool and dares to call a group of grown men names, telling them that God will punish them for their cruelty. For a child like Mary, especially, this is a sight to see, and it's one of the few times in the series that Mary gets in someone's face and lets them see what's behind her sweet, gentle smile(refer also to Season 2's "Troublemaker" and Season 4's "Whisper Country").

.[/i][/list]

I've noticed that too. I think that these little details are those who makes me see how much I could relate to Mary. I'm somewhat shy and reserved, just like her, and I always liked to read and to study (specially history!)...but when some injustice touches me too much I can become as furious as a lion without anything to eat! HeeHee I suppose that people who looks too gentle could cause the impression they are stupid or passive when it is not always the case.

I'm quite sweet most part of the time, but ...oh, please don't make me angry or you'll want to run away from me! grinsmiley ShyGirl

Vanesa.

That's very true and no, you are easy to get along with, maybe because I haven't made you angry yet. Wink

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:32 pm

OK Mr Trivia is back-

MSA(Mary) and Ramades Pera(John Jr) actually didn't really get along. In the Episode "Going Home" MSA didn't want to kiss Ramades Pera; she kept trying to put her fingers between their lips. Actually MSA had said in an interview around that time, she didn't like kissing boys.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:10 am

alexczarn wrote:
OK Mr Trivia is back-

MSA(Mary) and Ramades Pera(John Jr) actually didn't really get along. In the Episode "Going Home" MSA didn't want to kiss Ramades Pera; she kept trying to put her fingers between their lips. Actually MSA had said in an interview around that time, she didn't like kissing boys.

She went quite well along with Radames, I think, but she wasn't in love with him and it's hard to kiss someone you don't love...and much more if you never kissed a boy before. She was too young when the scene was aired.

Oh, and by the way, when she performed little Milicent in "The Brady Bunch", she must kiss a boy too! Poor Melissa! HeeHee

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:22 am

I remember reading that when MSA acted as Milicent and kissed that boy, they did the scene very fast and it had to be slowed down. greenS

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm

The Ingalls always talk about how bad lying is, but practically all of them have lied in at least one episode.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 pm

Alex:

Of course the Ingallses used to lie more than once! There's no person who NEVER had would say a single lie. ShyGirl

We all are against sin, but since we are all sinners, I think all of us sined and will sin! The Ingallses were good people, but not angels (I think that Charles said it better than me in more than one episode). grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:40 pm

How do I start a new thread? Or am I too new? Anyway, how many people on LHOTP also appeared on "The andy Griffith Show?"
Off the top of my head, Otis Campbell, Hope Summers, Thelma Lou, Lars Hanson was Mr. McBeevey.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:35 pm

easyt72000 wrote:
How do I start a new thread? Or am I too new? Anyway, how many people on LHOTP also appeared on "The andy Griffith Show?"
Off the top of my head, Otis Campbell, Hope Summers, Thelma Lou, Lars Hanson was Mr. McBeevey.

You're not too new - anybody can start a new thread. Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 70708 You just click the "New Post" button at the top left of whatever section you're in, and it will create a new post. But it just so happens that there is a thread about the very subject you're talking about. (I'm a BIG fan of The Andy Griffith Show, and started noticing shared cast members.) If you click on the link below, it'll take you to the thread:

Andy Griffith Show and Little House
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Bear Claw Trivia   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:04 pm

The Arm Underneath The Bear Claw That Mauled Mr. Edwards
Belonged to Michael Landon!

"His Father's Son"
Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Bear_m10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Of course! I'm sure Michael HAD to get in the fun of mauling Mr. Edwards!

Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Did you know that Michael Landon's daughter,Shawna is the little girl running into a library who pulled a LH book off the shelf at the end of Once Upon A Time in season9?

Last edited by Spanky on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm going to hijack this thread for a moment with some trivia that I would like you to answer. Kent McCray had a cameo in The Race from Season 3. This is the episode where Mrs. Oleson buys Nellie a thoroughbred to race against Laura and Bunny. Kent and Jack Lilley's wife were in a wagon and Kent was cheering Nellie on, "Go Nellie go!" Jack Lilley was one of the stunt coordinators on LHOP.

Kent also appeared in one other episode of Little House. Does anyone want to guess which one?
He played the bum in Men Will Be Boys from season 5, who scared Albert&Andy. They ran off and he ate their food.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Did you know that Victor French and Kevin Hagen both guest starred on Bonanza and that Mitch Vogel who played Johnny Johnson played Michael's brother on Bonanza?
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Spanky wrote:
Did you know that Victor French and Kevin Hagen both guest starred on Bonanza and that Mitch Vogel who played Johnny Johnson played Michael's brother on Bonanza?

Yes!But that's because I used to watch "Bonanza" in regular basis... grinsmiley I'm a great Michael Landon fan... Ooops

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 am

I think Mr. Oleson was made a little too mean at times, but if she wasn't, Nellie would have been disciplined much more often and there wouldn't have been a "bad girl" to play off of.

I understand why readers of the books (me included) want more accuracy but I could not see the show being at all interesting after the first year. The girls barely got into trouble, Mary almost a saint, they didn't have a lot going on for a continuing drama.
The characters were given more dimension and although I think he went overboard later, especially with the Coopers, so many wonderful and funny episodes wouldn't have happened.

I just saw the episode where Adam gets his site back and I noticed "McCray Explosives" on the wagon..I'm sure that was a nod to Kent...maybe he was the driver?
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 am

I saw this bit of trivia today...I think it was a bit mean, but I guess it worked. This was on the
Turnbaugh Twins site:
The twins loved being part of the happy Ingalls family (although they sometimes argued about who got to do what scene). Both twins were close to Michael Landon (who played their father, Charles Ingalls), in spite of the fact that he once gave them VERY spicy food for an episode of "Little House on the Prairie". The idea was to get Grace to refuse to eat the food that Pa had cooked - and boy did it work! Both twins refused to eat ANYTHING Michael offered them after that...
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 am

Did you know that Radames Pera's mother appeared on two LIttle House Episodes?

Lisa Pera appeared in:
Harriets Happenings - 1978 - Maria Schiller
Centenniel - 1976 - Fanya Pyatakov

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 am

Anybody know what Doc Baker's horse's name was? I know Alex knows!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am

Wasn't it Hippocrates?

Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Horse   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 am

Lori wrote:
Wasn't it Hippocrates?

Absolutely correct o mundo! Lots of experts on here!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Did You Know?   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Do you know why Albert didn't actually die on screen in "Lookback To Yesterday"?

"Look Back to Yesterday" was aired on December 12, 1983, with Albert Ingalls contracting a rare and deadly blood disease. However, Albert survives the ordeal as Michael didn't believe in killing off good characters on his show. The silence of film explains it perfectly.

Not to mention he and Matthew Laborteaux were very close, like father and son.

Source: Bonanza Bio
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Does anybody know what the first TV series was that Michael Landon worked on after Bonanza went off the air?

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: OUTHOUSE   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Did you know that the "Outhouse" at the Ingalls place was never moved in ten years!
A True Lack of Realism!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)   Prairie - Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you know.... (LHOTP Trivia)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next