Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blizzard!

Go down 
+4
Carol
Debbie
JW
ChristinaAL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

blizzard - Blizzard! Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 4:41 pm

It's been snowing here since around 6 PM last night. Everything around here is closed - state buildings, the mall, schools. They already have school cancellations for tomorrow (yay! another snow day! LOL), and my work may possibly be closed tomorrow too. So far, we've had close to 2 feet of snow and it's showing no signs of letting up. I can't see where the sidewalk ends and the road begins! They haven't even plowed yet it's so bad, and all the highways are shut down as well. I'm hoping that everyone stays home, and is safe.

blizzard - Blizzard! ChristinaKeeper2 blizzard - Blizzard! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 4:43 pm

I Hope evreyone is safe theire i wonder if we are gonna get any snow?

blizzard - Blizzard! Jacobk10blizzard - Blizzard! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 4:52 pm

I hear you, Christina! We didn't get quite that much snow.. About 6-7 inches at this point. What the real problem here was that the snow turned to freezing rain and sleet last night and continued through about 1 pm this afternoon. The ice was so thick on top of the snow, you can barely shovel it.. The cars are a different story... I had my car running for about a half an hour with the defrosters blasting, and it didn't even put a dent in the ice.. I'm soooooooooooooooo ready for spring!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:37 pm

It seems like the snow has stopped for now, but you can hardly tell b/c it's so windy and the snow is blowing everywhere. My mother and I tried to shovel off the front steps before to make it easier for my dad, who was using the snow blower on the driveway and sidewalk. He was actually excited, b/c he got the snowblower at the beginning of the year and hasn't been able to use it til today, LOL.

I know this is terrible, but I couldn't help but laugh. I was actually sitting here at the computer when I heard a comotion outside so I went to the window, and I saw my neighbor stuck in front of our driveway. He pulled the car out of the driveway into about 2 feet of snow, got stuck, and then proceeded to try to fix the situation by putting the car in reverse. That didn't work, so he tried going forward again. Failing, he got out a shovel and started shoveling out the back of the car for a few minutes. Then, he went inside his house, and a little while later a plow comes, while plows the path back to his driveway so he can put his car back - and leaving a mountain of snow in the middle of the street. [rofl] I don't know where he was triyng to go, b/c all the roads are closed.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:40 pm

ROTFL That is too funny. He should stay safely inside!

blizzard - Blizzard! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
blizzard - Blizzard! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Stay safe and warm! The snow finally stopped here, but the plows haven't caught up.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm

Savannah wrote:
Stay safe and warm! The snow finally stopped here, but the plows haven't caught up.

Thanks, you too! :) They only plowed our street a little while ago but they've been covered again since then :(

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 pm

This weather is rediculious. I called off and they tried to get me to come in. I am the only technician that hasn't had a day off since I started. Someone has been calling off every day for the past couple weeks and every time I try to call off they always complain. I will be there a year next month. I wish I could get a job working retail instead of the hospital because they are open 7 day a week. The phramacy is open till midnight on weekdays and 9pm on weekends. I hate it!!!, lol. The only thing about being a technician in retail is that they get paid less. So I am just gonna stick it out at the hospital.

I was worried that my new car was going to be ruined because of this stupid weather. Huh? Ok I'm done ranting now, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 9:15 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
It seems like the snow has stopped for now, but you can hardly tell b/c it's so windy and the snow is blowing everywhere. My mother and I tried to shovel off the front steps before to make it easier for my dad, who was using the snow blower on the driveway and sidewalk. He was actually excited, b/c he got the snowblower at the beginning of the year and hasn't been able to use it til today, LOL.

I know this is terrible, but I couldn't help but laugh. I was actually sitting here at the computer when I heard a comotion outside so I went to the window, and I saw my neighbor stuck in front of our driveway. He pulled the car out of the driveway into about 2 feet of snow, got stuck, and then proceeded to try to fix the situation by putting the car in reverse. That didn't work, so he tried going forward again. Failing, he got out a shovel and started shoveling out the back of the car for a few minutes. Then, he went inside his house, and a little while later a plow comes, while plows the path back to his driveway so he can put his car back - and leaving a mountain of snow in the middle of the street. [rofl] I don't know where he was triyng to go, b/c all the roads are closed.

Lol, Our homeowners association is supposed to plow our sidewalks and driveways, but as 5pm rolled around and not a single plow or snow blower in sight, everyone started to do it themselves.. I also heard a commotion outside so I took a peek out the window and saw one of my neighbors across the street trying to back their car out of the driveway, with approxamatley 5 people pushing from the front! Unfortunatley they didn't have much luck.. I'm starting to think that I am going to have another snow day tomorrow.....
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 8:41 am

We had snow thru the night, and although it wasn't a lot, we have had such cold temps and air, there is a layer of ice below and a layer of ice above it. My boy has a snow day and I will try and venture off to work. My boss has a steep driveway, so I figure he won't be going anywhere, which is perfectly fine with me!!! :haha: HAPPY WINTER EVERYONE!!! :tapdance:

blizzard - Blizzard! Rhonda10blizzard - Blizzard! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 10:21 am

The hubby tried to snow blow the driveway this morning, but we had to call the plow because it had turned to sleet early and then snowed on top of it. It is like one block of ice. Even the plow had a hard time clearing off the driveway.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 12:30 pm

:agree:

blizzard - Blizzard! Jacobk10blizzard - Blizzard! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 3:06 pm

Rhonda wrote:
We had snow thru the night, and although it wasn't a lot, we have had such cold temps and air, there is a layer of ice below and a layer of ice above it. My boy has a snow day and I will try and venture off to work. My boss has a steep driveway, so I figure he won't be going anywhere, which is perfectly fine with me!!! :haha: HAPPY WINTER EVERYONE!!! :tapdance:

Yay now you can play on the prairie with us today :) LOL. I have another "snow day" as well. College is closed down and my boss told me to not even try getting down to work since I live outside the city and in a higher elevation where the snow accumulation was higher. He's so understanding, I'm really going to miss working for him all the time :( *sigh* But, I hope everyone enjoys their snow day and is safe!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 3:29 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Yay now you can play on the prairie with us today :) LOL. I have another "snow day" as well. College is closed down and my boss told me to not even try getting down to work since I live outside the city and in a higher elevation where the snow accumulation was higher. He's so understanding, I'm really going to miss working for him all the time :( *sigh* But, I hope everyone enjoys their snow day and is safe!

Guess who showed up at 9:30 am?!?!?! No

blizzard - Blizzard! Rhonda10blizzard - Blizzard! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 4:00 pm

He did?! :sad5: lol

blizzard - Blizzard! Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 4:18 pm

Rhonda wrote:

Guess who showed up at 9:30 am?!?!?! No

Oh, no! :(

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard!   blizzard - Blizzard! Empty

Back to top Go down

Blizzard!
Page 1 of 1