Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23

Go down 
+17
Gin
Susie
susansmoose
HarrisonCrosby4387
Farmer Girl
emilyanneoftheprairie
Prairie Dweller
Trixie
pamh36
Amy
Coach Jon
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
JW
Savannah
Rhonda
bethandmanly
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Bokmal10

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Empty
PostSubject: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Hey gang,

I started a new blog a few weeks ago that is dedicated to Laura Ingalls Wilder, her books and the shows based upon them. It's got a few book reviews, a list of some of the titles I own about Laura and her family, links to some of the Ingalls/Wilder homesites, and stuff about LHOP. I have a survey running for the next few days about the new book covers versus the Garth Williams version of the books. And today I posted a question to my readers about whether they knew the books first or Michael Landon's show first. I also asked if they were okay with LHOP straying from the books.

Feel free to take a look at http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.

I don't know what else I'll be adding, but ideas are always welcome.

Thanks.

Cheryl

P.S. This blog accepts anonymous comments, so you don't have to be a Blogger user to post a comment, but all comments are moderated, so if your note doesn't appear right away that's because it's awaiting my approval.

Last edited by bethandmanly on Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:31 pm; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:49 pm

Cool Looks cool Cheryl......best of luck to you and your new blog!!! Thumbsup

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Rhonda10House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Nice job, Cheryl!! Thanks for posting the link to it!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Nice job

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Jacobk10House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:38 pm

I really enjoy your blog, Cheryl. You've put so much work into it, it's really great. And I liked your poll on there, about The Garth Williams Books vs. the new designs.

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 ChristinaKeeper2 House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Wow, Cheryl! You are hyperactive! I will visit your blog today! I admire you. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:32 am

Thanks for the support gang. I've wanted to do this for a long time.

Hey Vanesa, if you think I'm hyperactive now, you should see me after about 3 cans of Pepsi. :sillySmiley:

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:31 am

I think I'm going to bookmark this. Great job! Thumbsup

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:32 am

Wonderful job, Cheryl! Applause Congrats on it! Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:37 am

Thanks Coach Jon and Amy.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:06 am

That looks great, Cheryl. I bookmarked it so I can go back and look at it more in-depth later.

I could have used that site for a comparison essay that I had to do in my English class. We had to compare and contrast 2 different websites on a particular topic. I, of course, chose the topic of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Your site seems to contain a vast amount of information and contains all of the things we talked about in class about what should be part of a good website. Graphics, info about the author, links to websites with more info on the subject. I can't wait to read more.

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Hey gang,

Go out to Laura's Little Houses and vote in our new survey about which Little House book you like best.

While you're there, check out the results of our last survey, browse through book reviews, view the Laura Ingalls Wilder timeline from The World of Little House--which includes important historical events, view a list of some of the available titles by and about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family, find out about the Little House on the Prairie Musical and Dean Butler's work on a Peak Moore Enterprises and Legacy Documentaries production titled, Almanzo Wilder: Life Before Laura.

You'll find all this and more at my new blog dedicated to Laura Ingalls Wilder, her books and the shows based upon them. Go to
http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/ to visit Laura's Little Houses.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm

pamh36 wrote:
That looks great, Cheryl. I bookmarked it so I can go back and look at it more in-depth later.

I could have used that site for a comparison essay that I had to do in my English class. We had to compare and contrast 2 different websites on a particular topic. I, of course, chose the topic of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Your site seems to contain a vast amount of information and contains all of the things we talked about in class about what should be part of a good website. Graphics, info about the author, links to websites with more info on the subject. I can't wait to read more.

Thanks Pam. I hope to add more as time allows. Maybe one day I'll have free time.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:51 am

New posts are up at http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/ Check out my featured book of the month and I also posted about a book I received as a Christmas gift that I haven't had the courage to read yet.

Don't forget to vote in the survey for your favorite book from the Little House series.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:04 pm

I just voted Cheryl...my favorite is "These Happy Golden Years"! Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Trixie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Trixie

Number of posts : 425
Mood : House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:11 pm

That looks great!
. . .My favorite was On the Banks of Plum Creek
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks ladies. I'm really enjoying the blog so far. At least it's a blog I feel like updating regularly. LOL!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySat May 10, 2008 10:30 pm

If you go to Laura's Little Houses at http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/ you can test your knowledge of the lingo used in the 1800's.

Have fun!

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:18 am

I would fail miserably, I'm afraid. Though I do think I know what number 10 means... if I'm not mistaken it means "Handsome" and "Awesome" and "Really cool" and "Amazing." But as for the other ones, I'm drawing a blank.

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:33 am

I voted for my favorite book, "These Happy Golden Years", but I'm not brave enough to attempt the 1800s lingo. I don't think I know any of them, besides "squatter"! LOL.

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 ChristinaKeeper2 House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:09 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
I voted for my favorite book, "These Happy Golden Years", but I'm not brave enough to attempt the 1800s lingo. I don't think I know any of them, besides "squatter"! LOL.

Chicken! I'm expecting Larry to do very well. He did great with the one I had posted at PT a while back.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:43 am

What a nice blog! :)

I like your idea of featuring a book each month! I've been wondering what little pamphletty type books by William Anderson were like, and you answered my question! :)

I took a stab at a few of the 1800's words. I know about three of them for sure, and the others that I attempted were guesses. :b

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 5:22 pm

great job! i really liked it. fer sure i will go on in the future

House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 6:58 pm

Thanks ladies.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23   House - My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23 Empty

Back to top Go down

My LIW and Little House blog updated 9/25/23
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next