Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Least favorite Little House episode

Go down 
+29
Joe
Krissy
amyk
Vanesa
alexczarn
Rob
highwayangel
Lynette
HarrisonCrosby4387
Gin
AllieCat
Docfan
Kristina
Samantha
ChristinaAL
Kathleen Marie
carolineingalls
Teresa
Prairie Dweller
bethandmanly
jes9
Prairie Wind
Lily
Lori
Carol
Savannah
LIWnut
Rhonda
Amy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 7:02 am

In "Sylvia" Albert's character really shines through! He was willing to step up to the plate and care for that baby as his own, no questions asked. Yay, Albert! Too bad they had to make it so yucky. And then as someone else said, everyone just goes on their way and never mentions it again (not that I can remember). In reality, Laura probably would have been traumatised by a rape and murder right there in her own little community and in connection to her own family. And then there's what Albert's state of mind would have been for months afterwards.

I guess when a series lasts as long as LH did, the writers run out of material but it was the wholesomeness of the books that appeal to people and same with the show.

Well, have any of you fanfic writers re written that episode? It should be done!
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 10:09 am

I have to say that my least favorite episode is "Home Again" where Albert is suffering from a morphine addiction. it was hard to see my favorite show character go through such a hard time and I was not able to see all of both parts of this episode!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 9:03 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I have to say that my least favorite episode is "Home Again" where Albert is suffering from a morphine addiction. it was hard to see my favorite show character go through such a hard time and I was not able to see all of both parts of this episode!

Oh, I'm sorry you weren't able to see all of both episodes Blue Do you have access to the Hallmark TV channel? They still air LH daily and maybe you could catch them there. But, you've right about them being tough episodes to watch. It's hard to see a character like Albert, who was always so good natured, going through something so dark. But I love Matt's acting in these episodes, I thought he really did fantastic.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 9:17 pm

acutally, I own Season 9 of Little House On The Prairie, which was the season in which "Home Again" was aired. I'm thinking I may watch it again, or at least try to. I did see most of it but not the end of the second part, which is the most important part! and no, I don't have access to the Hallmark channel, which is really dissapointing!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Counting only the episodes through season 6 (because I'm rewatching them in order as an adult, and my opinion is different now than when I was a kid). These are the ones I really haven't cared for:

**The Godsister - sorry, Carrie.
**Be My Friend - It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't an extra long episode. The scenes between the girl & her father are just really drawn out.
**The Fighter

I skipped To See The World (I'll go back & watch it at some point), because my sister said it wasn't very good, and I really wanted to get Founder's Day since it was an old childhood favorite.
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:06 pm

"He was Only twelve" has got to be one of my least favorites...it does seem too far-fetched to me, and just too....SOMETHING...can't quite put my finger on it. OhMy

I didn't like either of the Johnny Johnson episodes in the 1st season, and I didn't like Sylvia for many of the reasons mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:23 pm

I have to say that most the ones mentioned here are ones I would agree with. And so dislike Johnny Johnson ones. I just don't like that guy's face. lol I do not watch the ones about Mary's baby and Sylvia. They are just to sad and some of it is just annoying. I am glad to see I am not the only one that doesn't care much for the episodes with Jenny in them. Sorry I just can't stand Shannen Doherty. She has never been a very good actress IMO.
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 pm

My least favorite episode of all time is The Halloween Dream, hands down. I can't even watch it; I think it's so stupid. Not far behind are Older Brothers and The Godsister.

I also dislike Fred, The Faraway Cry, and anything with Kezia or Johnny Johnson.

I find May We Make Them Proud and Sylvia deeply disturbing and heartbreaking. I cannot watch those two episodes often.

I actually like He Was Only Twelve; it's one of my favorites because i think it's Michael Landon's finest acting performance.

BTW...I haven't been here in over a year, but am glad to be back!

Wave

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 AllisonKeepership
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 pm

Welcome back, Allison. Don't be such a stranger in future!!!! Wave

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Welcome back Allie!

My main complaint with "He was Only Twelve" is that it's the last episode with the Ingalls family in it. If it weren't the last episode of Season 8, it still wouldn't be a favorite, but I wouldn't dislike it so much.

I read this thread over again and the darkness of "Sylvia" is mentioned a few times. There are other dark episodes, but I think what makes this one so different is that it ends tragically. There is absolutely nothing good to be found in it. The optimism and belief that working together as a family will get you through anything is missing.

In other episodes horrible things happen, but there is always one good thing or some underlying feeling of hope that allows the characters to move on like in "The Lord is My Shepherd", "Blizzard", even in "May We Make Them Proud". But with "Sylvia" it's just doom and gloom, the girl dies and Albert is left alone to pick up the pieces.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 4:22 pm

I dont care for The Younger Brothers. There is always room for a little comedy in an episode full of drama, but this one was way over the top. I do have to admit, Katherine Mcgregor was funny. She really had a knack for comedy.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Welcome back Allison!! Wave

bethandmanly wrote:
I read this thread over again and the darkness of "Sylvia" is mentioned a few times. There are other dark episodes, but I think what makes this one so different is that it ends tragically. There is absolutely nothing good to be found in it. The optimism and belief that working together as a family will get you through anything is missing....

Good point....I'd never thought about that but that's very true.

One I don't see mentioned that kind of surprises me is "Rage". Talk about your dark episodes! That's the problem with some of the later season epies---they FEEL like a 1980's plot thrown into the pioneer era. Whistle

Ugh, yes Gin, "The Older Brothers", *BLECH* (Or was it the Younger? Can't remember now! :think: ).

To See the World is another epie that I really can't stand to watch. This isn't nice, but Johnny Johnson just makes my skin crawl.House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Peureux05

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Definately Sylvia and A Faraway Cry. Blech, A Faraway Cry was so boring.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Amy wrote:
One I don't see mentioned that kind of surprises me is "Rage". Talk about your dark episodes! That's the problem with some of the later season epies---they FEEL like a 1980's plot thrown into the pioneer era. Whistle

fighter "Rage" is actually one of my favorites from Season 9, though you're right about the 1980's domestic violence, crazy person thing. In one of my fan fics--not that I can remember which one right now--Laura compares being held hostage by Tom Stark to being held captive by Ellen's mother in the episode "My Ellen". The only thing that bothers me about "Rage" is that we didn't get to see Almanzo reunite with his family. It goes right from the shoot out to Stark's funeral. In my fan fic, I show them reuniting.

In a sequel to that fan fic, I wrote a story based upon Almanzo having been the one to kill Stark and the troubles he had in dealing with killing another person.

They are two of my favorites.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
The only thing that bothers me about "Rage" is that we didn't get to see Almanzo reunite with his family. It goes right from the shoot out to Stark's funeral. In my fan fic, I show them reuniting.

In a sequel to that fan fic, I wrote a story based upon Almanzo having been the one to kill Stark and the troubles he had in dealing with killing another person.

They are two of my favorites.

And that's what the writers should have shown---they should know we LH viewers want to see that 'happy ending', especially to an episode like that. At LEAST make it somewhat romantic at the end. It actually was a good episode, I agree, I just thought it was a tad 'out there'.

I like the idea of the fanfic too Cheryl, of having Almanzo deal with the fact that he killed a person...

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:18 pm

I finally finished watching "Home Again" today, and it wound up not being as bad as I thought, except for one or two scenes. though, its still certainly not on my list of favorite episodes, it's not my least favorite either
Back to top Go down
Lynette
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 219
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:58 am

I never really cared for the episode Chicago. I thought it boring and dark ( most scenes at night). I don't watch May We make Them Proud and Sylvia really either; I find them troubling.
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 26
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I like them all! Sure there are certain episodes that I like more, but I could not single out a least favorite.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:53 am

I seriously disliked "The Legend of Black Jake." House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Get-smiley
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Amen Rob. I didn't care for that one either.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm one of the rare few who like the Legend of Blake Jake.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Lynette
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't mind The Legend of Black Jake now and then. lol
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:00 am

Hum only have seasons 1&2...
I loathe Family Quarrel and A Matter of Faith

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:59 pm

"A far away cry" was very boring for me...Really. HeeHee grinsmiley

Vanesa.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 am

Oh...I forgot the others I wouldn't stand: "May we make them proud", "Sylvia" and "For the Love of Blanche" ...It seems we all share our feelings about them. HeeHee "May we make them proud" and "Sylvia" are dark and disturbing episodes. I think that if a little child sees Mary becoming almost crazy like she did and watching sweet Alice and baby Adam dying among the fire right before their eyes, they will not sleep for a whole week. And an adult would feel upset watching certain scenes , both in "Sylvia" and "May we make them proud". "For the love of Blanche" is quite ridicoulous... Yikes

Actually I'm one of these who likes "The Legend of Black Jake" ShyGirl

Vanesa.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Least favorite Little House episode
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next