Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Least favorite Little House episode

Go down 
+29
Joe
Krissy
amyk
Vanesa
alexczarn
Rob
highwayangel
Lynette
HarrisonCrosby4387
Gin
AllieCat
Docfan
Kristina
Samantha
ChristinaAL
Kathleen Marie
carolineingalls
Teresa
Prairie Dweller
bethandmanly
jes9
Prairie Wind
Lily
Lori
Carol
Savannah
LIWnut
Rhonda
Amy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Cloud910

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:02 pm

FRED
A lot of people find it a funny eppie. I just find it dumb.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 MarilynKeeper House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm

I believe that is the one about the goat....again an episode I vaguely remember possibly having seen all the way through. But all I remember about it is that the goat seems to knock everyone over by butting them. Yeah, I don't think that would ever be very high up if I were to rank all the episodes.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Make A Joyfull Noise, Farway Cry, The Halloween Dream, To See The World and Sins of the Father.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:28 am

Spanky wrote:
Make A Joyfull Noise, Farway Cry, The Halloween Dream, To See The World and Sins of the Father.

I think "Mke a Joyfull Noise" is pretty decent epie, but "The Hlloween Dream", "To see the World" and "Sins of the Father" are more than dumb. I share your opinion. Smile

Vanesa.

House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:27 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
My least favourite has got to be He Was Only Twelve.   banghead

Apart from the fact that it was way too far fetched, it's the last ever episode with the Ingalls. I'd have thought Michael Landon could have come up with a more believable storyline that could have allowed us to say goodbye to them and them to say goodbye to Walnut Grove.
I think they should have ended the season with the family leaving Walnut Grove (if they absolutely HAD to leave, which I wish they didn't....). They could have a whole season finale episode about why they were leaving, we could have seen some lovely goodbyes between the Ingalls family and the rest of the town, and of course a big farewell at the church on their final Sunday there....
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Docfan wrote:
"He was Only twelve" has got to be one of my least favorites...it does seem too far-fetched to me, and just too....SOMETHING...can't quite put my finger on it.   OhMy

I didn't like either of the Johnny Johnson episodes in the 1st season, and I didn't like Sylvia for many of the reasons mentioned.
I think HE WAS ONLY TWELVE suffers from a few things. There were so many other tragedies in the series, and Charles always seemed able to accept them, even when they were very personal (like the death of Frederick). Yes, they prayed, but then they trusted the Lord with the outcome. But it was like Charles was obsessed or something in HE WAS ONLY TWELVE. First he was obsessed with finding the guy who shot James. Then he was obsessed with James not really being sick and not dying. Also, if James were in a coma, how did he really stay alive? He would not have been able to eat or drink anything without choking, right?

Also, when Albert is dying, Charles doesn't go out in the wilderness and build some weird altar and pray for God to heal him and wait there with him until he is healed....
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:37 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Welcome back Allie!  

My main complaint with "He was Only Twelve" is that it's the last episode with the Ingalls family in it.  If it weren't the last episode of Season 8, it still wouldn't be a favorite, but I wouldn't dislike it so much.

I read this thread over again and the darkness of "Sylvia" is mentioned a few times.  There are other dark episodes, but I think what makes this one so different is that it ends tragically.  There is absolutely nothing good to be found in it.  The optimism and belief that working together as a family will get you through anything is missing.  

In other episodes horrible things happen, but there is always one good thing or some underlying feeling of hope that allows the characters to move on like in "The Lord is My Shepherd", "Blizzard", even in "May We Make Them Proud".  But with "Sylvia" it's just doom and gloom, the girl dies and Albert is left alone to pick up the pieces.
I think SYLVIA would have been better if her own father had not been so horrible, too. So this poor girl has no mother (did she die?), her father is horrid and acts like his daughter going through puberty and developing into a woman is something that Sylvia has to hide or be ashamed of, she is viciously attacked and again has no sympathy from her own dad, and then both she and the baby die. I agree that it was rather pointless. Just almost seems like they wanted a controversial and shocking episode. At least Sylvia had a few moments of happiness with Albert, but having to hide even that from her father is sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite Little House episode   House - Least favorite Little House episode - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Least favorite Little House episode
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4