Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Love Lucy

Go down 
+12
littlehouselover
amyk
Lori
Rob
Carol
Krissy
Debbie
Amy
Rhonda
Savannah
JW
Kristina
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Purple2

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:41 pm

There is a Santa Claus, and he's bringing the I Love Lucy Christmas Special to CBS at 8/7c tonight! grinsmiley

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 1487c8b48c72850d8e03cd7393cccebb

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Rhonda10book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:46 pm

I hope the channel works on my tv so I can watch tonight! I Love Lucy is my favorite tv show and it's neat to see the episodes in color. Last year it was the Christmas Episode and the 'grape stomping' episode in color, but this year they're doing the 'chocolate factory' episode instead of the grape stomping one.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:06 pm

This is the description for tonight....apparently, they are showing the Christmas one AND the grape stomping one. Either one is fine with me, I could sit and watch Lucy all day....  Wink

"Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred put up Christmas decorations while reminiscing about the changes in their lives since the arrival of the Ricardos' son, Ricky. Later, Lucy works in an Italian vineyard to "soak up some local color" for a movie role."

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Well, the program has been postponed by about 20 minutes. I guess a football game was on or something. They just said that the chocolate factory will be the one shown....Seems like the stations and the TV Guides need to get together and double check what is going to be on... scratchead

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 am

I saw the Christmas episode and the chocolate factory one last night. I'm glad the tv station worked! I love the scenes in 'Job Switching' when Ricky and Fred are trying to be the housewives, they are so funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:02 am

I just bought 2 books on amazon for me and my BIG lucy fan, my sister. One was written by Desi Arnez and one called Desilu about both of them (and approved by daughter and family then)

Just for the pics, it was worth the 5.00, but a lot of info too.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Smile Neat!!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Locals from Lucille Ball's hometown are not happy with a public statue that was erected to honor the actress' legacy, complaining that it's "frightening" and looks nothing like her, and are now looking into fundraising options to fix it.

The Celoron, NY, residents have been clamoring to refurbish the statue on a Facebook group called "We Love Lucy! Get Rid of this Statue." One user suggested starting a GoFundMe page to raise money to replace it; another suggested a Kickstarter.

The 400-pound life-size bronze statue was erected in 2009 after being privately commissioned. The artist Dave Poulin has not responded to the media, including a request for comment by The Hollywood Reporter.

“I don’t think this can be repaired,” the Facebook group founder told Yahoo! News. “Take a look at the beautiful statues Nick at Nite created for Bewitched and The Honeymooners and Bob Newhart ... it needs to be something more like those.”

The man behind the Facebook group said he didn't want to disparage the artist's entire body of work, saying Poulin has other works that are quite good, but this one needs to go. “I think it looks like a monster. That is just my opinion,” the man said. “When you see it at night, it is frightening.”

But replacing the statue is no small feat. "It would be a lot of money," Celoron mayor Scott Schrecengost told the local Post-Journal. "Over the past couple of years, I've reached out to Dave Pouli and have had at least four conversations with him about redoing the statue. He finally came back and said he wanted $8,000 to $10,000 to do it. I've also reached out to several other sculptors in the region, and some said they would do it, but we're still looking at about $5,000. We'd like to work with the original sculptor and wish he would stand behind his work enough to step up and fix it for free."

scratchead FROM THIS... book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Etab-v2-lucy  

TO THIS... Yikes book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Lucille_ball_statue_a_l

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 9:32 pm

laugh3 I saw this on my break at work tonight, and it made me laugh out loud! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 pm

It's just so SAD...... HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:36 am

It put me in mind of the Creature from the Black Lagoon. 

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Creature_black
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:41 pm

So Darn ugly. Just Icky

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:05 am

They should commission Gin to do a drawing.........that thing is awful....

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 pm

It's such a shame...Lucy was SO funny. That statue is just hideous, and certainly not befitting her talent.

Dave, you're right - Gin could do 1,000 times better than THAT!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Thumbsup It's going to be fixed....

The artist responsible for the freaky Lucille Ball bronze in her New York hometown is taking responsibility for what he calls his "most unsettling sculpture" and saying that he'll refurbish it for free because it doesn't do justice either to the late comic actress or to his creative skills.

"[I]in retrospect, it should have never been cast in bronze and made public, and I take complete ownership of that poor decision," sculptor Dave Poulin said in a letter to the Hollywood Reporter in which he claimed "full responsibility for 'Scary Lucy.'"

The crazy-eyed, 400-pound statue went up in a Celoron, N.Y., park in 2009, and a Facebook page advocating its demise was created in 2012. But the debacle didn't go global until last week, after a local newspaper published a story about the Lucy loved by few.

"When you see it at night, it is frightening," the founder of the Facebook page told the Post-Journal, advocating removal and replacement with a statue by another artist rather than paying to have the current one refurbished.

Since the Vitameatavegamin-inspired likeness hit the spotlight, the We Love Lucy! Get Rid of this Statue page has been reposting pictures showing the statue's face edited into scenes from old stills from "I Love Lucy," plus an image indicating that if a person were to mix Lucille Ball and Chucky the killer doll, the Celoron statue would be the result.

On Sunday, the Facebook page creator, who remains anonymous, announced he'd be going public "in the next few days" with a plan to raise funds for a new statue that would be erected in Jamestown, N.Y., instead of Celoron. He also expressed little faith in the idea of fixing the existing work.

"Celeron has been talking about chopping the head off this statue and putting on a new head," he wrote. "That would turn this monster into a true Frankenstein! You can see that even with a new face... and even if they get the face right... the body is as horrible."

Poulin, whose website says he's done more than 120 commissioned life-size bronzes, said he was "heartsick" over the feelings his creation had elicited. The "I Love Lucy" statue was privately commissioned.

"From the day of its installation, I have shared my disappointment in the final outcome and have always believed it to be by far my most unsettling sculpture," Poulin said in his letter.

It was never his intent, he said, to disparage the image of Lucille Ball.

Article

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm

The article Rhonda posted wrote:

It was never his intent, he said, to disparage the image of Lucille Ball.

Mmm-hmm....But it was also apparently never his intent to make it right until the story (and image) went viral and it threatened his "art" business. It's been there since 2009, so he's had plenty of time. And the fact that he would actually present that to a client and expect them to purchase it in the first place is beyond my imagination. I *am* glad that it's going to be made right, though.  
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:31 pm

I think you need to send him your sketches of Lucy......In fact, post them here too!!! I love how you captured her in all your drawings of her..... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:05 pm

For sure! I second that!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Love Thank you, Rhonda and Rob! I'll post them in just a few minutes. You two both just made my whole day. loveheart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 pm

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Nose510

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Vita910

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Choc410

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Grape710

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Ld10_c10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Applause I love those!! Brilliant! yes
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:27 pm

I LOVE LUCY, and I LOVE THOSE DRAWINGS!!! stars

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:20 pm

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249
book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Fb5c81ed3a220004b71069645f112867

Video Snippet

Newly Colorized Episodes of “L.A. at Last!” and “Lucy and Superman”
To Be Seamlessly Combined

Special Includes Additional Footage Not Broadcast in 60 Years

I LOVE LUCY SUPERSTAR SPECIAL, a new one-hour special featuring two colorized back-to-back classic episodes of the 1950s series, will be broadcast Sunday, May 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The two episodes – like those presented in previous years during Christmas – are newly colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which they were filmed. The main titles and end credits are seamlessly combined into one set – at the beginning and end of the hour – with no interruption between the episodes.

Included in the special is material from “L.A. at Last!” that has not been broadcast since the episode first aired on CBS 60 years ago.  

The episodes star Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and Vivian Vance and William Frawley as the Ricardos’ friends and landlords, Ethel and Fred Mertz.  William Holden guest stars in “L.A. at Last!” and George Reeves, star of the “Adventures of Superman” series, reprises his role in “Lucy and Superman.”

“L.A. at Last!” finds the Ricardos and Mertzes arriving in Hollywood, where Ricky is appearing in a new motion picture. Star-struck Lucy is anxious to meet some movie stars up-close, and decides to have lunch with the Mertzes at the famed Brown Derby Restaurant, where she meets film star William Holden and causes a major mess. Ricky innocently complicates matters when he meets Holden at the studio later, and invites him home for coffee.

“L.A. at Last!” originally aired Feb. 7, 1955, and became an instant classic.  The script was nominated for an Emmy® Award.  

In “Lucy and Superman,” Lucy and longtime friend and rival Caroline Appleby want to schedule their child’s birthday party on the same afternoon. Lucy finally “wins” the battle by promising that TV superhero Superman will appear at Little Ricky’s party. However, things take a hilarious turn when the “Man of Steel” has a scheduling problem and Lucy decides to replace him.

“Lucy and Superman” originally aired Jan. 14, 1957, and was an immediate hit with fans of both “I Love Lucy” and “Superman.”

“I Love Lucy” aired on CBS from Oct. 15, 1951 until June 24, 1957. It was voted “the best TV show of all time” in a 2012 viewer poll conducted by People Magazine and ABC News.

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 10:24 pm

I can hardly wait for this!!! I run a Lucy tribute page on facebook called That's So Lucy .
Can't wait to share the news on there!

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:14 am

Rob wrote:
Applause  I love those!!  Brilliant! yes

Rhonda wrote:
I LOVE LUCY, and I LOVE THOSE DRAWINGS!!! stars

loveheart Smiley Hug Thank you both! (And I'm sorry that I'm just now seeing your comments!)

I hope I remember to watch the I Love Lucy special broadcast!! Those are both such fun episodes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Love Lucy   book - I Love Lucy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Love Lucy
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next