Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Christmas movie

Go down 
+19
Harrietfan
Julia
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
MissOleson
LIWnut
alexczarn
Lori
Kristina
Rob
Prairie Wind
Alice
susansmoose
Rhonda
bethandmanly
JW
Carol
Savannah
Amy
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Love-s10

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:31 pm

I did a search and can't believe we don't have a topic on this! Well, we have a topic for fave Christmas song, so I thought I'd put one up for fave Christmas movie. Wink

I think my all-time favorite is "A Christmas Story". I love the nostalgia of it and I can never get enough of Ralphie or my favorite, Randy.

I have other faves (including "While You Were Sleeping", which I just put in a separate thread), but if I mention all of them you guys won't have any left! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:03 pm

I have a TON of Christmas favorites. (I think I'm the only person I know, though who doesn't like "A Christmas Story". I just can't watch it. )

A few of my favorites are:

While You Were Sleeping

A Season for Miracles (I LOVE this movie)
A Christmas Carol (with Patrick Stewart)
The Sound of Music (Though, it really isn't a Christmas movie)
Christmas in Connecticut (The original)
The Charlie Brown Christmas special
Remember the Night

Oh, there are TONS more....But, as Amy said, if I list them all, there won't be any left for anyone else to bring up.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:06 pm

I think you all have an idea of what my all time favorite christmas movie is. grinsmiley

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:17 pm

LOL Savannah---I know it's not everyone's cup of tea---I know a couple of people who can't stand it either and it takes a certain kind of 'weird' sense of humor. I guess that's you and me Carol! grinsmiley (love your banner by the way Carol! Wink ). It's not your typical 'warm fuzzy' Christmas special, yet in a way it is as it depicts this dysfunctional family that is in actuality more 'functional' and loving than at first glance. And I guess I just love that whole '40's' era. My favorite scene is Randy getting dressed in the snowsuit, and then falling over on his way to school. Good stuff. grinsmiley I was the youngest in my family so I guess I identify with him! :haha:

And Funny you mentioned Sound of Music Savannah...I watched it (by myself) last week, and my hubby was like, "WHY are you watching this?!" I told him "It's a holiday classic, dear!" and I think he was stunned! He asked what on earth it had to do with the holidays and I told him it was always PLAYED at the holidays, therefore it IS a holiday classic! LOL! It really is a dumb reason to watch it at the holidays, but I guess it just all comes down to nostalgia again. Wasn't Wizard of Oz played around the holidays too? It seems like it was :think: ...

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Well mine are

Christmas in Connecticut (The one with Kris Kristofferson)
I'll Be Home for Christmas
Home Alone (But Only near Christmas)
Jingle all The Way
Miracle on 34th Street (The Newer One)
Christmas with the Kranks
Santa Clause 1 & 2 (never seen the 3 one)

And there are More Yet

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Jacobk10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm right with Savannah on "A Christmas Story". I cannot watch even five minutes of it. I think it's the whole dysfunctional family thing....that, and I have no sense of humor.

Let's see as for my favorites:

A Christmas Carol w/ Patrick Stewart--watched it a couple weeks ago while decorating
It's A Wonderful Life
Christmas Child--movie based on the book by Max Lucado
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Year without a Santa Claus
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

I also have to admit that I can never get through the season without watching Little House's "A Christmas They Never Forgot" and "Merry Christmas Miss King"--which is now sold as "An Avonlea Christmas" from the Road to Avonlea series.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:30 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I also have to admit that I can never get through the season without watching Little House's "A Christmas They Never Forgot" and "Merry Christmas Miss King"--which is now sold as "An Avonlea Christmas" from the Road to Avonlea series.

Christmas at Plum Creek is the one that I watch two or three times before Christmas, and the Pilot one too. I just love those!

And "An Avonlea Christmas"---is that the one with the woman from the store, who helps Matthew with the dress for Anne? It looked like her on the cover...I saw it at the rental store. I almost picked it up---good to have a recommendation. Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Savannah wrote:
I have a TON of Christmas favorites. (I think I'm the only person I know, though who doesn't like "A Christmas Story". I just can't watch it. )
bethandmanley wrote:
I'm right with Savannah on "A Christmas Story". I cannot watch even five minutes of it.

That's okay, I'll watch it enough times for both of you. grinsmiley

My top 3 favorites are:

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Main-120 christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Main-120 christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Main-120

The one that puts me right to sleep is "It's a Wonderful Life" Yawn ... sorry Cheryl lol
This movie is a snoozefest for me and if it wasn't for the fact that some teachers would show this movie at school, I would never have seen it.

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 8:40 pm

:think: I have several, but right now, the ones that come to mind are:

White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye
The Polar Express
How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey
Borrowed Hearts with Roma Downey from Touched by an Angel

Here is a list of the top 25....not mine, but a list that people probably voted on...

Top 25 Christmas Movies

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Rhonda10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 pm

my favorite christmas movie is white christmas with bing crosby and danny kaye
a charlie brown christmas
mr. magoo's christmas carol
the shop around the corner with james stewart
a christmas story
scrooged
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Oh, I forgot about Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol! I love that! And A Muppet's Christmas Carol, too. :Hahaha: "Light the lamp, not the rat!"
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:15 am

I Forgot but I Also Love Jack Frost Carol

And The Christmas Card is Wonderful to oh and The Note is a Must See

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Jacobk10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:55 am

Carol wrote:
I think you all have an idea of what my all time favorite christmas movie is. grinsmiley

Tim and I just watched that the other night, Carol. We always enjoy it. It's one of our favorites too. He called that God awful lamp a MAJOR AWARD! ROTFL

I also loved when that boy got his tongue stuck to the flag pole.

*Word of Warning* Your tongue will stick! I actually did this once LONG ago in a grocery store, when the freezers used to have the metal shelves. And they really do just pull you hard away from the object so that you become unstuck. I never did that again. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:43 am

Amy wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Christmas at Plum Creek is the one that I watch two or three times before Christmas, and the Pilot one too. I just love those!

And "An Avonlea Christmas"---is that the one with the woman from the store, who helps Matthew with the dress for Anne? It looked like her on the cover...I saw it at the rental store. I almost picked it up---good to have a recommendation. Thumbsup

I like Christmas at Plum Creek and the Christmas scenes from the Pilot, but I always make a point to watch the other one because it's my favorite. I subjected my girls to it this year. They didn't seem to mind.

Yes, she plays a totally different character in the Road to Avonlea series, but it's the same actress, Mag Ruffman. Marilyn has actually met her and says she's very nice. In RTA and in this Christmas movie, she plays Olivia King Dale, one of Sara Stanley's aunts, who she came to live with in Avonlea when her father sent her away. Olivia King ends up marrying Jasper Dale, and in the series finale, they leave Prince Edward Island and move to London. Olivia returns to Avonlea for Christmas while Felix--Alec and Janet's son--is MIA after a skirmish in WWI. I love it because it's even more dramatic than the series. WWI is going on, so many of the men aren't there--which was a disappointment--but it's a wonderful, wonderful Christmas story.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 11:32 am

Wow, thanks for the synopsis Cheryl---I'm definitely going to rent that one! Thumbsup

Jacob, you've mentioned a couple I've never heard before...what is "The Note" about? Is that a Hallmark one? I remember taking my older son to see Jack Frost in the theater when he was 8 years old. His dad had just started a commuting job (in the bad Michigan winters) and my son was sure my hubby was going to meet Michael Keaton's character's fate! He was a wreak for like a week after that! Blue I kind of liked that movie, but it sends some weird messages to a kid who may have lost a parent too, you know? Like your dad might possibly come back to life as a snowman? :unsure:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 pm

The only Jack Frost I remember is the animated one. See how many movies I watch. Laughing

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:38 pm

No Amy it is not a Hallmark one Here is the Cover what it is about it is so Worth Renting even Buying but i'll wait till the Price Drops a little
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie 266261_1_ftc_dp
When she covers a fatal plane crash, journalist Peyton MacGruder makes an eerie discovery---a hastily written message from one of the passengers. The note's heartfelt words launch Peyton on an emotional cross-country journey to find the intended recipient---with famed TV reporter Truman Harris dogging her steps. Will he derail her mission to deliver the message by Christmas? Based on a novel by best-selling author Angela Hunt, this film stars Genie Francis and Ted McGinley!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Sounds interesting Jacob---thanks for posting that! Wave

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 12:50 pm

No Proplem

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 12:33 am

LindsayCrouseFan wrote:

*Word of Warning* Your tongue will stick! I actually did this once LONG ago in a grocery store, when the freezers used to have the metal shelves. And they really do just pull you hard away from the object so that you become unstuck. I never did that again. ROTFL
Glad to hear I am in good company. I stuck my lips on a can of frozen orange juice. I had to walk around the grocery store *with that can on my mouth* :shy: until I found my parents, who found the store manager that freed me from the can. (He seemed to take great pleasure in making me feel like a stupid kid. ) mad

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:40 am

Alice wrote:
LindsayCrouseFan wrote:

Glad to hear I am in good company. I stuck my lips on a can of frozen orange juice. I had to walk around the grocery store *with that can on my mouth* :shy: until I found my parents, who found the store manager that freed me from the can. (He seemed to take great pleasure in making me feel like a stupid kid. ) mad

I am glad I was not the only stupid kid in town! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 7:15 am

Alice wrote:
LindsayCrouseFan wrote:

:haha: Poor Alice!

Well, I personally believe batEyes that this countries childrens couldn't personally have a happy childhood with out getting their tounge stuff at least once. batEyes

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 7:16 am

Oh, and my favorites are:

It's A Wonderful Life

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

Charlie Brown Christmas

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 10:11 am

Prairie Wind wrote:
tounge

I love my job. :sillySmiley:

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Bfife
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 10:29 am

:haha: You need a new job then, cuz you missed some! :haha:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas movie
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next