Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Christmas movie

Go down 
+19
Harrietfan
Julia
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
MissOleson
LIWnut
alexczarn
Lori
Kristina
Rob
Prairie Wind
Alice
susansmoose
Rhonda
bethandmanly
JW
Carol
Savannah
Amy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Purple2

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:47 pm

I love how this ornery 7-year old boy takes care of the 2 men who are trying to rob his home.... HeeHee 

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 98df6faa79e937000126365a39f79547

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Rhonda10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 am

Laughing  Rhonda, the first time my Dad watched that movie, he laughed until he nearly cried. Ah, the memories.

And speaking of memories...When I was a little girl, I LOVED the movie "The Night Before Christmas". I used to have this on VHS but I can't find it at the moment. This version was from 1968, and they used to play it every year. It's funny...I found it available to watch online (I'll embed it in a moment), and as I was watching it, I remembered very clearly that the first time I watched it, I had wished with all my heart that I could draw like the artists who'd drawn the pictures for the movie.  Love 

Anyway....here's the true story of how the poem "The Night Before Christmas" came to be written. It comes in three short segments:

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:15 am

Lisa, my boys couldn't stop laughing with Home Alone and when I was able to sit and watch it with them, I saw why....on top of the silliness and funny parts, the one guy that could scream like a girl! laugh3 

I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE!!! And of course, I saw it when it first came out!!!
 Whistle 

christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Rhonda10christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 pm

I downloaded the first two parts, but the third part is really giving me trouble. I've tried five times and it still won't completely download.  Blue 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Ahhh, Home Alone! yesss  Such a fun movie.  I still HATE that the mother forgot her own kid, lol, but you can't help but love this movie!  If MacCauley Cualkin only knew how his life would change after this movie! Yikes 

Lisa, I remember that too!  I guess I didn't realize it was in the line-up of yearly aired shows though!

I watched An Avonlea Christmas last night for the first time! Oh my gosh, there were some scenes that really had me crying! All the war stuff and Felix missing. That about did me in! bawling  But so good...and as usual I especially loved the scenery. I want to live in a village where everyone drives horse-drawn sleighs rather than cars! Love 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas movie
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5