Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"

Go down 
+14
Gin
Carol
Vanesa
littlehouselover
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
amyk
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
alexczarn
bethandmanly
jes9
Teresa
Kristina
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 am

I saw this yesterday and although I had things to do, waited at the end for the scene when they go to the store and pay off their debt. I would hope my kids would do that, they seem kind, but today we are all a bit spoiled, but either way, it warms the heart to see a good show with good values and no really bad things happening to anyone.
That quote from Charles about working I've used myself on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Laura (Half Pint)
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Laura (Half Pint)

Number of posts : 2464
Mood : Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:44 pm

I really liked this episode. I like when Mary gets so excited about making $1.75. I really liked the end where Nells told Charles that he is the richest man in Walnut Grove.

"We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves." -The Walnut Grove Congregation on various occasions

Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 LauraHPKeeper
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 am

I LOVE this episode, it is one of my absolute favorites! I am not sure I can pick out my favorite parts since the entire episode was so good, but I will try.

Here are my favorite parts:

I like when Laura says that her writing tablet is only halfway used, and that her pencil is plenty long... After Mary said that she needs a new writing tablet and that her pencil is so small she can hardly use it anymore. Then Charles said that is wouldn't be if she did as much homework as Mary does. I thought the way Laura smiled at Charles right after he said that was really funny!

The scene where Laura and Mary are in bed and talking about how they wish there was something that they could do to help Pa with the money... I love when Laura asks Mary to wake her up if an idea creeps into her head in the night.. then Mary says she won't be able to. Laura asks why not, and Mary says "because I will be asleep!" That was really funny.

I LOVED the scene when the whole family asks Charles if they can help... Mary says she will work full time for a while, and Laura says she will bring Mary's homework home and do Mary's chores. Charles stands up and says "What a family, it does make a man proud." Mary asks "then you will let us?" And Charles says "I couldn't do it without you."

I really like the part where Charles talks to Laura up in the barn loft about Nellie and Willie saying mean things to Laura about her Pa. I loved it when Laura stops as she is going down the ladder and says "Pa?.. I just love you so much!"

It was great when the whole family went into the Mercantile to pay the bill together. I thought that Nels had a great idea to let Harriet deal with the "customers".

The best scene from the episode is the very end when they are leaving the Mercantile and Nels comes outside with Charles and tells him "That is quite a family you have got." ...and then says "Believe it or not Charles, I think you are the richest man in Walnut Grove." And Charles replies and says "Nels, I know I am. Charles was able to see that true riches don't come from having a lot of money or fine things, but that his true riches where his family.

Priceless ending to one of the best episodes ever!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Laura (Half Pint)
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Laura (Half Pint)

Number of posts : 2464

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:26 am

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
I LOVE this episode, it is one of my absolute favorites! I am not sure I can pick out my favorite parts since the entire episode was so good, but I will try.

Here are my favorite parts:

I like when Laura says that her writing tablet is only halfway used, and that her pencil is plenty long... After Mary said that she needs a new writing tablet and that her pencil is so small she can hardly use it anymore. Then Charles said that is wouldn't be if she did as much homework as Mary does. I thought the way Laura smiled at Charles right after he said that was really funny!

The scene where Laura and Mary are in bed and talking about how they wish there was something that they could do to help Pa with the money... I love when Laura asks Mary to wake her up if an idea creeps into her head in the night.. then Mary says she won't be able to. Laura asks why not, and Mary says "because I will be asleep!" That was really funny.

I LOVED the scene when the whole family asks Charles if they can help... Mary says she will work full time for a while, and Laura says she will bring Mary's homework home and do Mary's chores. Charles stands up and says "What a family, it does make a man proud." Mary asks "then you will let us?" And Charles says "I couldn't do it without you."

I really like the part where Charles talks to Laura up in the barn loft about Nellie and Willie saying mean things to Laura about her Pa. I loved it when Laura stops as she is going down the ladder and says "Pa?.. I just love you so much!"

It was great when the whole family went into the Mercantile to pay the bill together. I thought that Nels had a great idea to let Harriet deal with the "customers".

The best scene from the episode is the very end when they are leaving the Mercantile and Nels comes outside with Charles and tells him "That is quite a family you have got." ...and then says "Believe it or not Charles, I think you are the richest man in Walnut Grove." And Charles replies and says "Nels, I know I am. Charles was able to see that true riches don't come from having a lot of money or fine things, but that his true riches where his family.

Priceless ending to one of the best episodes ever!

Wow, How did you remember all those details? Smile Mary and Laura do have some funny conversations in bed. That was pretty funny when Mary said she couldn't tell Laura if an idea crept into her head because she would be asleep.

"We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves." -The Walnut Grove Congregation on various occasions

Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 LauraHPKeeper
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:55 am

I went back through it and looked for my favorite scenes so that I could write them out more accurately. But I wish I had it in my memory that well! HeeHee

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Great, heart-warming episode showing the whole family working together after Charles didn't get paid; and not for frivolous items, but to pay their bill at the store and have enough left over to buy some coffee and sugar.

I really can't stand Nellie or her mother in this episode, (amongst others) so glad when Laura punched her.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 5:25 pm

I like how the family pulled together to help Charles. He even let Mary leave school for a while to do extra sewing for Mrs. Whipple. I'm not one for fighting, but Nellie deserved getting punched in the nose by Laura for saying mean things about Charles.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Mary, work for Mrs. Whipple, to help the family. Laura, had do her chores and Mary's chores, plus homework. Now, these days. Kids, won't help out with they're parents. I even help my parents, when I was younger.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"   Grove - "THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE RICHEST MAN IN WALNUT GROVE"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2